Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 719232 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Luath of Methiant!
« Reply #2520 on: November 04, 2017, 04:36:12 pm »

Oh! As an extra note, I am pleased that daughter creature is doing well. Whoo!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: November 04, 2017, 04:41:15 pm »

C says we return rulership to our brother's dynasty when his son is old enough, not to who we give it to that is of his dynasty, we could theoretically send it back to him when his son is old enough to take over.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: November 04, 2017, 05:27:27 pm »

Once we have Yoe back that will give us a lit more info on Segeda. We could even pass the rulership back to our brother, officially this time, if things turn out bad.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: November 04, 2017, 05:35:35 pm »

Very tentative and conditional ((B)). None of these options feels complete.

This is what we hoped for with magic healing, but is there no option to you know, have a personal talk ourselves? Just to see how well he's doing? Bring up some stuff from our childhood? Ask whether he even wants the job back, or would rather adventure to seek a wizard?

I mean, if Cersei Segeda is pushing this but Yoe is not, then we definitely shouldn't and C) stick to the first proclamation instead.

Edit: playing around with translation:
"Oh, Mother Earth!
Oh, Father Celestial!
Grant this desire! "

"All good and evil
and the bright and the dark
expand the power of life! "

"Timeless God of Death
Do not look for this family

I will prosper! "

(Pretty sure Google messed up the last line, probably more like, "And [give] it prosperity.") I wonder if this means we're immortal now? That would be awesome, and troublesome.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 05:51:44 pm by mightymushroom »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: November 04, 2017, 06:22:47 pm »

He's feeling better, it's probably because we got a magic - user to help us, and that lifted some vague curse. We should have a chat with him to find out. Perhaps the sourceress was a good idea after all.
Eh, the treasurer deserved it.

B.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: November 04, 2017, 07:03:03 pm »

C, if Yoe wants his seat back he can ask for it, not some outsider.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: November 04, 2017, 07:16:38 pm »

B

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: November 04, 2017, 07:32:19 pm »

I really do not like Segeda. She is clearly a threat to the internal stability of the Kingdom and over ambitious. Still I don't want this to develop into a civil war. So I am not sure what to vote for. Take a stand against over reaching Segeda until Yoe's can be asked for his opinion or give in so that we don't risk the nobility over reacting and causing trouble.

After thinking about it for a bit it is probably better to just let Yoe settle the issues with his wife than risk civil war. B
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 08:14:34 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Yoe II of Methiant!
« Reply #2528 on: November 05, 2017, 04:41:03 am »

a
bbbbbbbbbb
ccc

Your decision makes some courtiers angry, but still, you are the King.

Or, until few seconds earlier, were.

1104 AD, Midsummer

You are Yoe II, and you have returned to the throne of the Kingdom of Methiant! Your most honorable and trustworthy brother has passed the throne to you after you were more or less proven to be sane and well again.

The last two years, you remember them as if through fog. The earliest thing you clearly remember is waking up in your cell one summer day, very confused. Let's not think about this embarassing matter too much.

You just receive news that caravan from Eldrican has arrived, bearing Fireblood components in exchange for gemstones. That is good.

1104 AD, Late Summer

Rebellion! Rebellion occurs in the west of Methiant, roughly at the lands of Felonsines. It is some of your own noblemen, disgruntled that Segeda once again meddled in affairs of the state and got you reinstated. They are led by the court members who previously decided that, instead of Segeda having a regency over Cyl, your brother Luath is to rule Methiant.

They have only one postulate really; that your most loyal wife Segeda is to be divorced and sent home after being stripped of all titles and priviledges. Obviously, they won't stop from directly bearing arms against you if you do not comply. They do not have Luath or his family with them; he didn't have time to move out from the royal palace yet, and when the news reached your court, your captain of guard, out of his own initiative, put him and his relatives into house arrest.

"Bastards." Segeda scoffs from above her books after you tell her the news. "I should've known from beginning when they managed to get Luath onto the throne. Traitors, all of them!" You calm your wife down and then meet with the loyal noblemen at your court.

Few of them consider the demand of the rebels, but most go for the obvious action:

"Our Army ought to march forth and crush the rebel scum!" The Advisor brings some scrolls with numbers for you.

"They command little in terms of military numbers*, and have almost no funds, but they might have loyalty of as much as third of Methiant subjects* to replenish their ranks if their situation turns so dire." The noblemen clamor for action.

One way or another, the Kingdom is now suffering from a civil war. After much thought, you decide to...

A) Divorce Segeda and send her home to fix the situation before it gets uglier.
B) Personally lead the Army to crush the rebel scum.
C) Send a letter of negotiation, maybe some money or other concessions might appease them.
D) Send the Army to destroy the rebel forces.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 04:44:37 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: November 05, 2017, 04:51:34 am »

D
Let's try and get this over with.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: November 05, 2017, 04:58:18 am »

A
we have the support of everyone but her now. The people, the nobles, our family. Everyone. Fuk er.

Been waiting for a good excuse for a long time. Finally gonna get rid if th goin witch. Fuckin esgeda. Fuk er.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: November 05, 2017, 06:40:20 am »

Quick question for those with good memories; who is Segeda part of the noble family of?  Worth remembering who we'll be at war with after the potential divorce.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: November 05, 2017, 06:46:00 am »

A is political suicide. If you give in to demands it will make you look weak to your court and all around (including any ambitious neighbors).

Also, to stave off future resentment and rebellion, I suggest giving an important position in the government to Luath as reward for his faithful service, and not some token position either, something with real power!

Anyway, D is the best bet at the moment.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: November 05, 2017, 07:40:23 am »

A

Absolutely A. Best of both worlds! Like, come on, yes, it'd be super ideal to be able to do this without a rebellion, but this is probably our only chance to get rid of her.

Quick question for those with good memories; who is Segeda part of the noble family of?  Worth remembering who we'll be at war with after the potential divorce.

Segeda is just a minor noblewoman from our country btw, so we don't loose any important connections from this.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 1087