Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 745437 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Luath of Methiant!
« Reply #2580 on: November 06, 2017, 01:44:23 pm »

B. The annual boost to the treasury from our tax reform slots in nicely here.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: November 06, 2017, 01:50:06 pm »

B, we need to modernise our military and the tax reform makes it possible.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: November 06, 2017, 02:05:50 pm »

B Let's just hope that we don't have a big expense anytime soon. Some peace and quiet to catch our breath after the stressful Segeda Incidents.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Yoe I married to a member of the Ceodwelling Dynasty? If my memory isn't failing me and he was then I wonder how far related we are to the current King of Ceodwell?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: November 06, 2017, 02:06:10 pm »

A - We have little else to "spend" happiness on, but a never-ending list of things on which to spend money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: November 06, 2017, 02:43:27 pm »

A - We have little else to "spend" happiness on, but a never-ending list of things on which to spend money.

Good logic, A

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: November 06, 2017, 02:46:49 pm »

We have little else to "spend" happiness on, but a never-ending list of things on which to spend money.

We can spend happiness on more money, what are you on about?

Besides, mobilizing a professional army lets us reach some impressively high Army values. This'll be very handy once the Damdamians get their shit together, I imagine.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 02:48:29 pm by Harry Baldman »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: November 06, 2017, 02:54:10 pm »

A
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 12:50:43 am by Puppyguard »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: November 06, 2017, 03:01:48 pm »

hmm, haspen, we got 3 or two of money right now?

I mean, I don't know if the silver mines was enough for 1 wealth or not.

between "increase taxes for all" or "increase taxes for 1 year" we choose the "increase taxes for all"
and got the bourecratic reform are we getting a +3 now every year?  (+1norma+1 pop +1 increased taxes)

I am in clear doubt right now

Right now we don't have money, but the military improvements are usefull
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: November 06, 2017, 03:06:24 pm »

I'm not actually sure if there's 1 base income? It might just be +1 from high pop and +1 from increased taxes. And -1 from bureaucratic reform. For +1 a year?

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: November 06, 2017, 03:48:33 pm »

I'm not actually sure if there's 1 base income? It might just be +1 from high pop and +1 from increased taxes. And -1 from bureaucratic reform. For +1 a year?

Oh yes, it said somewhere that we spend a lot for it. with the military reform can turn us back to +1 per year (or 0 if it depletes a single point of our population, thinking better, BOTH options will make us lose money somehow)

Let's hope that our halfling's help+ Rainbow scepter boosts our agriculture so heavily that we can sell seeds to our neighboors still plagued by the weather, (or improve drastically the number of our population/hapiness so we can squeeze it somehow)

and that weird 7 left me worried, if it is propositions of reform a seven, it might mean that we are gonna have problems soon
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: November 06, 2017, 03:59:27 pm »

B Let's go pro.

Based on my last reckoning and leaving off the silver, we should expect +3/year, I think; and somewhere (not sure bureaucracy or what) we're spending -1/year, I think. We also spent -1 last autumn on the harvest festival and presumed -6 on the sorceress, thus the year end tally. A professional army presumably will be standing cost -1/year, so I believe we would still have a meager income.

I am concerned that our only remaining natural resource is the gemstones traded to Eldrican.

No. Since the +1 tax for high population is a standing bonus, drafting significant numbers ends up with the same treasury cost AND fewer, less happy people.

Haspen (or anybody who knows),
Was there ever anything further regarding Thundercat development? My last recollection is that the demonstration model experienced a technical failure; the engineers begged for another year of research but I haven't seen any results. Did I miss it? Were the faults corrected and our army equipped silently?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:01:22 pm by mightymushroom »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: November 06, 2017, 04:08:17 pm »

Except we have never lost a unit of population when drafting peasants, only happiness, so that argument is flawed.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: November 06, 2017, 05:06:38 pm »

Hmm... argument withdrawn.

I read it as a question of how to organize and grow our army:
  • +1 army at a cost of -1 happiness each year
  • +1 army at a cost of -1 treasury each year
I'm fairly confident we have the treasury income to afford B. I'm not aware of any repeating happiness income to offset A.
Doesn't that mean we'll likely end up spending money on happiness? Is that better than spending money directly on the army?

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: November 06, 2017, 05:16:08 pm »

But it provides us consistency in our army value, which is much more important.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: November 06, 2017, 05:16:21 pm »

Luxury goods(Salts, Spices, other things for the peasants) give a variable happiness boost I think.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 1087