Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 745519 times)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Luath of Methiant!
« Reply #2655 on: November 08, 2017, 05:55:21 am »

A

Much as I feel that a desire to knife our subjects could be a great point of commonality between us and the fanciful races, the public relations hit would be less than manageable at the present time.

And you think A will improve public relations more than C, or D  ???

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: November 08, 2017, 05:57:06 am »

It'll likely hurt foreign relations, true, but Hurthlings were belligerent to begin with and I see no way they've justified us giving them even more benefit of the doubt than A implies.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: November 08, 2017, 06:51:57 am »

It'll likely hurt foreign relations, true, but Hurthlings were belligerent to begin with and I see no way they've justified us giving them even more benefit of the doubt than A implies.

Perhaps because we do not know the whole story... like at all...maybe those stabbings were in self-defense.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: November 08, 2017, 06:52:24 am »

Perhaps because we do not know the whole story... like at all...maybe those stabbings were in self-defense?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: November 08, 2017, 07:30:07 am »

A

If our underings were going to lie to us about our people abusing the hearthlings and getting stabbed in response, I don't think they'd wait for so long and then only say it so sheepishly... Not to mention we'd probably get mention from the hearthlings before now.

Like, yeah, sure, it can totally go either way, but we have to make a guess, and if the hearthlings are unnecessarily stabbing people, letting them off the hook isn't even going to be good for our long term relationship with them, letting such things simmer is just going to lead to a long term resentment that makes it even harder to make friends with them in the long term.

Too bad we don't have more info what the "warning" entails of course... There's a vast gulf between "Yo stop being assholes or we'll kill you all" and "It's come to our attention that cultural differences between our people had lead to some difficulties when interacting. I firmly believe that with time such differences can be resolved, but it's become a pressing issue that I remind the Hearthlings that when in Methiant land they need to follow Methiant laws, which include disputes to be resolved by the appropriate official and not carried out personally with a knife." Although both could be called a "warning"
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 07:36:24 am by Criptfeind »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: November 08, 2017, 08:31:44 am »

A polite letter.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: November 08, 2017, 09:22:01 am »

I'd like to think that if we were Wise we'd get an option like "knife 25 Hurthlings right back".

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: November 08, 2017, 09:29:58 am »

The Hurthlings have lived in isolation (enforced by violence) for a century or so. Overcoming that ingrained behavior will not be easy, for either party.

A) Uncertain effectiveness. Implies they are in the wrong, which is probably true on the merits of the case but may be taken badly given their defensiveness.
B) Improves nothing. We lose potential crop bonuses beyond the range of the weather artifact.
C) Uncertain effectiveness but perhaps appears more tolerant and accepting to hurthlings. Human peasants may feel differently.
D) Probably angers peasants and northern nobles who already feel wronged.

If we were charismatic I would definitely choose A. Alas, appointing our brother Luath as Special Envoy is not presented as an option.

Know what, A anyway. We have a list of grievances, ignoring the difficulties isn't going to make them disappear. If we can't get along together, best to find out now.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: November 08, 2017, 09:47:33 am »

A
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: November 08, 2017, 10:39:53 am »

You send a letter of warning to the nearest Hurthling settlement.

1106 AD, Autumn

The messenger with letter sent to the Hurthlings has come back; but there's also delegation of merchants awaiting an audience, as they wish to talk about the expedition sent into Ironbone mountains. You will first speak to...

A) The messenger.
B) The merchants.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: November 08, 2017, 11:09:46 am »

A

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: November 08, 2017, 11:16:18 am »

A

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: November 08, 2017, 11:45:39 am »

A
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: November 08, 2017, 11:46:51 am »

B

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: November 08, 2017, 12:08:23 pm »

B
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 1087