Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 719442 times)

Suppaidaman!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Methiantese Civil War! Turn 1!
« Reply #3165 on: November 18, 2017, 11:02:58 am »

Can I join the loyalist side?

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: November 18, 2017, 11:37:57 am »

This has gotten to chaotic and fat paced for me, be back after the war my freindos.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: November 18, 2017, 12:13:12 pm »

Loyalists play The Grand Campaign (-1 Treasury, -3 Army)

Pretender counters with Foreign Auxiliaries (-1 Treasury)

BATTLE! Loyalists 4d6 = 10, Pretender 1d6 = 5
Pretender's Battle Score is lowered by 5!
In mid-Spring 1114 AD, a Grand Campaign of Loyalists forces ended rather badly, the most decisive battle was between 6.000 strong Loyalist force that lost most of its soldiers against 1.500 Pretender soldiers who were relatively unharmed.

Pretender plays Supplies From Abroad (-1 Treasury, +5 Battle Score)
In late Spring 1114 AD, the dwarven involvement in Methiantese Civil War was evident, their supplies relieving the battered forces of the Pretender.

Loyalists discard The Great Purge and Abandon the Throne (+3 Loyalty)
Pretender discards Spread-Out Siege Campaign (+2 Army)

STATUS AFTER TURN 1:

Loyalists:
7 Loyalty, 5 Treasury, 4 Army.
Battle Score: 0

Pretender:
5 Loyalty, 5 Treasury, 5 Army.
Battle Score: -7

Civil War, Turn 3 (Autumn 1114 AD)

New sets of Cards arrive for the warring Sides!

Spoiler: Loyalist Cards (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pretender Cards (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: November 18, 2017, 12:22:11 pm »

Pretender Support Unit #7 pokes MAXIMUM SPIN TO VOTE 1 and 2.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: November 18, 2017, 12:23:09 pm »

Too be honest, I think fixing up our own stats is still the priority. I think we pretenders (or true loyalists rather) should just use supplies from Abroad, and burn the other two.

Urban Massacre just costs too much of a stat we don't have THAT much of.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: November 18, 2017, 12:23:49 pm »

Great, third turn and no possible play that can end the war right now from what I see

both are so far from -30 battlescore.

I am almost willing to join myself this war just to see the world burn
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: November 18, 2017, 12:24:45 pm »

Too be honest, I think fixing up our own stats is still the priority. I think we pretenders (or true loyalists rather) should just use supplies from Abroad, and burn the other two.

Urban Massacre just costs too much of a stat we don't have THAT much of.
Good point >_> And I'm not checking their cards at all--but presuming they have similar powers, we need to save that.

Go for 2 instead, Maximum Spin.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: November 18, 2017, 12:26:39 pm »

Not super great cards this turn. I'm thinking to use the first and second and discard the third. Any thoughts on that before I make a bold action?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: November 18, 2017, 01:05:43 pm »

Pretenders:  Actually, I would like to second Pretender Support Unit #7's original suggestion; Use #1 and #2, burn #3, and here is for why; if we burn 3, we regain most of the stat we'd spend on 1 in order to inflict additional damage.  It's an optimal combination of loss/gain.  The recovery from 2 is essential to our survival anyway, so we might as well call it.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: November 18, 2017, 01:07:47 pm »

Not super great cards this turn. I'm thinking to use the first and second and discard the third. Any thoughts on that before I make a bold action?

Yeah, not excellent this turn, but as choices go that looks okay to me. We can afford to spend some loyalty.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: November 18, 2017, 01:08:26 pm »

Pretenders:  Actually, I would like to second Pretender Support Unit #7's original suggestion; Use #1 and #2, burn #3, and here is for why; if we burn 3, we regain most of the stat we'd spend on 1 in order to inflict additional damage.  It's an optimal combination of loss/gain.  The recovery from 2 is essential to our survival anyway, so we might as well call it.
Support Unit #7 would note the importance of Cryptfiend's advice (who totally isn't a demon UNLIKE THOSE "LOYALIST" SCUM), we need to play safe at this time when we have little to gain and more to heal.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: November 18, 2017, 01:09:34 pm »

This is a good one, it's true. Gotta keep hitting those other fellas rightly.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 01:58:43 pm by Harry Baldman »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: November 18, 2017, 01:11:52 pm »

Nah. Actually, we straight up loose the game if we use the first one.

We go from 5 to 3 on their action, then 3 to 0 on our action, then loose before we can get back up to 2.

We're obligated to burn the first one. And since the third one isn't that great we might as well burn it as well.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 01:13:45 pm by Criptfeind »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: November 18, 2017, 01:15:30 pm »

We go from 5 to 3 on their action, then 3 to 0 on our action, then loose before we can get back up to 2.

We're obligated to burn the first one. And since the third one isn't that great we might as well burn it as well.

We get 2 back from burning the third, so it's not all that dire.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: November 18, 2017, 01:17:37 pm »

That sort of sounds like you're looking at our cards :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 1087