Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 745472 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #4950 on: December 14, 2017, 05:22:56 pm »

They're probably angrier with Leath than they are with us.
He's charismatic though, so he'd probably still come out ahead.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: December 14, 2017, 05:38:32 pm »

I was just thinking we better have Leath along with us when it's time to cross Ankurvat . . .

Can we even be overthrown while we're away? SPAMEXILE anyone?

We got through half of one in one update without having throw money at anything.
Don't jinx it!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: December 14, 2017, 06:11:01 pm »

I just noticed something.
Cyl is an unsympathetic, stupid brat.
A
Especially to his poor, long suffering, all-divine cursed wife.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: December 14, 2017, 08:34:51 pm »

Cyl is an unsympathetic, stupid brat.

I see him more as a skilled politician and general who lacks people skills. He was also likely traumatized by his own parent's divorce and living through a civil war against his own uncle. Yeah, he isn't the best at managing his own family, but I wouldn't call him unsympathetic.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: December 14, 2017, 08:59:54 pm »

I mean, to be fair to him, he's got the family voices as well. Can't be great for one's sanity :P

And yeaaaah I don't see "spent a significant portion of his childhood in a civil war" as leading to great people skills.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: December 15, 2017, 02:28:30 am »

... You have a point...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: December 15, 2017, 03:05:00 am »

Discussing this just gave me an idea...

Is Cyl's "evil witch" of a mother still alive? With all the crazy shit going on in our family, it might be to our benefit to invite her to the palace to help run our household.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: December 15, 2017, 09:31:12 am »

Thinking of Cyl's family: the combative and finally divorced parents, the charismatic but viperous uncle, the stuck-up kid brother . . .

It's not hard to guess how his familial relations boil down to, "Please don't yell at me."
The same refrain is pretty much his whole domestic policy, especially toward religion.
It might even explain how his most coherent foreign agenda is following the decade-old advice of a talking bird no one else ever saw.

And you want to bring Segeda back for more? He'll never have a chance to grow up.

I really, really wish Gedavina hadn't died young. (Yoe II's first wife, by way of reminder.) She may have gossiped a bit but she had some wise insights wrapped up in a cheerful and fluffy exterior. What could have been . . .

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: December 15, 2017, 11:31:45 am »

Thinking of Cyl's family: the combative and finally divorced parents, the charismatic but viperous uncle, the stuck-up kid brother . . .

It's not hard to guess how his familial relations boil down to, "Please don't yell at me."
The same refrain is pretty much his whole domestic policy, especially toward religion.
It might even explain how his most coherent foreign agenda is following the decade-old advice of a talking bird no one else ever saw.

And you want to bring Segeda back for more? He'll never have a chance to grow up.

I really, really wish Gedavina hadn't died young. (Yoe II's first wife, by way of reminder.) She may have gossiped a bit but she had some wise insights wrapped up in a cheerful and fluffy exterior. What could have been . . .
she is not die, she is sneaky zombie queen forever.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: December 15, 2017, 01:54:24 pm »

To be fair, Cyl has turned pretty much everything that he touched outside his family to gold. I'm fine with him the way he is, serious warts and all. We don't need him to 'grow up', but some more help with his family would be nice, and I'd be willing to give an older, wiser, Segeda who doesn't have to worry about fighting to put her offspring on the throne a chance to help out and play the role of cool grandma.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: December 15, 2017, 02:29:01 pm »

All I know is, we'll probably want to make it up to the missus somehow. I don't think we can build enough libraries to repair this one.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: December 15, 2017, 03:04:45 pm »

A
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: December 15, 2017, 03:06:10 pm »

I'd be willing to give an older, wiser, Segeda who doesn't have to worry about fighting to put her offspring on the throne a chance to help out and play the role of cool grandma.

I guess I don't have a shred of sympathy hope for her reform as much as you; and she did try to derail this marriage in open court. In my reading she was selfish even as queen, and she exacerbated the east-west split that became the civil war. With all our expansion the last thing we need is an insulted Hurthling (or Imperial) getting stabby on Mum.

All I know is, we'll probably want to make it up to the missus somehow. I don't think we can build enough libraries to repair this one.

After losing a son and a father she'll probably push to outlaw dueling. Which actually we don't need so much with a professional army.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: December 15, 2017, 03:07:10 pm »

Whoops never mind this.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: December 17, 2017, 05:41:53 am »

You decide to visit the capital of Eldrican personally to pay tribute to Elran's leadership.

As the horses file out of the palace, carrying you, your family, courtiers and guards, you think momentarily about how lengthy the rule of Elran was, and of course one can't forget Queen Dogethe who was in power since the days of your grandfather Yoe I.

A week later, while your group is moving through the western part of Methiant, your forward guards fly back to you.

"Sire, there's an angry mob in the nearest village! They seem bent on intercepting you and listing their grievances to you!"

A) "We will evade them, I don't want my wife to be troubled."
B) "Lead them here then, I will talk to them."
C) "Take some soldiers and make sure the villagers behave as we move past it."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 1087