Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 750216 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #5445 on: January 01, 2018, 04:44:23 pm »

We've chosen the option before in this one, I believe, and it doesn't seem to result in any noticeable benefit. Perhaps if an enemy made it to our capital it would.

E

Majick
You realize that the last time we did that we basically crippled our economy for not a ton of benefit right :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: January 01, 2018, 04:50:45 pm »

You decide to allocate the funds to a grandiose project of renovation and repairing of border forts. The Kingdom is large and you have lots of money, so there's no need to count every penny.

1134 AD, Summer

There is a great clamor amongst the populace and not without a reason. Exactly a hundred years ago, the warrior-philosopher Daen first gathered his students in what is now south-eastern Methiant (formerly Ceodwell), to codify and write down the fundamental tenets of Alldivine faith.

Many a nobleman, peasant and clergy (of course) believe that the Kingdom of Methiant should celebrate the centenary of this religious enlightenment, and while numerous cities will sponsor their own festivities, there is opportunity for the Crown to also sponsor feasts and such.

A) Sorry but nope.
B) Absolutely!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: January 01, 2018, 04:53:00 pm »

A

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: January 01, 2018, 04:55:35 pm »

Oooh. I'm torn. On one hand, this is basically an option to sponsor festivals and boost happiness (good), but on the other hand it is sponsoring a religion (bad). Think I'll abstain... for the time being at least.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: January 01, 2018, 05:06:36 pm »

B It's a special occasion and partying always make the peasants happy. Happy Peasants are productive peasants.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5450 on: January 01, 2018, 05:16:16 pm »

You realize that the last time we did that we basically crippled our economy for not a ton of benefit right :P

King Yoe II wasn't a lot of benefit? Ehhhh. I don't think that's fair even if you would have rather we stayed Luath (which is a surprising thing to hear you say). Other then King Yoe II as well, it's a lot easier to see when we don't have the benefit then to realize it's direct effects. We've not lost a family member to illness, an event that used to be pretty common, for twenty years. True, we aren't seeing some massive benefit because kings are way more likely too die to stupid shit rather then old age or an illness, but we have tons of sons and a solid buffer between death in case that particular form comes to us. Possibly even our sons will as well, although idk how long the blessing will last.

Furthermore there's no reason to act like it's potentially only as good as we got last time. We know exactly what happens with a sorceress (although there's question of how bad it is for the magic of the kingdom afterwords, that seems a bit squishy, seems like SOMETHING happens at least.). We picked this non visible blessing because we wanted to get King Yoe back, if you want something flashy, like marital or charismatic, we could pick that this time. Hell, if we had martial+Conqueror title... We'd be as strong as Houlandin III! Imagine that! Houlandin III's ability in war with advanced weapons and a professional army... There'd be little that could stop Cyl then.

Anyway, about this decision. It's true that we don't officially support any religion as the state religion... But that's not to say we don't support religions at all, we do normally give them some support and donations, just making sure it's to all of them. Considering the special nature of this time, I think it's fair to sponsor some stuff.

B

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: January 01, 2018, 05:19:45 pm »

B

Sure.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: January 01, 2018, 05:24:29 pm »

We could either support no holidays in relation to heros or we could support them all, no exceptions.

b
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: January 01, 2018, 05:27:16 pm »

If we don't use our money enough, inflation or poverty could rise,due a lack of monetary circulation.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: January 01, 2018, 05:34:25 pm »

You decide to sponsor the festivities!

It did well to rise the people's spirits. Unfortunately, some of the clerics in other major faiths in Methiant seem to be slightly miffed about Alldivines getting chummy with you (or rather, your money). Luckily, they don't seem to be stirring anything up now.

1134 AD, Midsummer

The courtiers bring up word from tutors about your daughter, Eirika. It seems that, while she does well in various girly and royal studies, she has no particular talent on her own. Nurses and court ladies do mention that she is healthy, having excellent teeth and mild bleeding like clockwork.

1134 AD, Late Summer

Glory to the Yoean dynasty! The heir has a heir; Princess Abis of Parsia gave birth to a healthy baby boy. After some consultation with Leath, she agreed to name him 'Yoe', after your grandfather.

Few days later you get news from the north; King Talon of Cydwyl is dead! Apparently, in his own, arrogant belief that he knows better than many healers, an otherwise mild fever developed into illness of lungs, after he insisted that all he needs is his personal tinctures and brews. After a week of being bedridden, he passed away with 'his head as hot as smoldering charcoals', according to medics.

His son, Cidric, while not very bright, has the heart of a King and is popular with soldiers and commoners, and soon earned the backing of his noblemen and relatives as well. He shall ascend to the throne of Cydwyl within weeks, after he buries his father.

A) Let's be 'amicable neighbour' as his father wished and send him a letter.
B) Alrighty. Now let's move on. Can we move on?
C) Such a tragedy! We should visit Cidric and pay honors to his late father personally.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 05:36:31 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: January 01, 2018, 05:36:38 pm »

-editing your text to reduce the blue box-

B

I agree that the sorcerer WAS in fact useful, but I disagree that if we want something more flashy to choose a trait, trait dies with the king we could choose a magical beast to guard the palace and eat stupid diplomats/assassins or something that would give an obvious bonus that MIGHT carry on to the future as giving strength to the army, of course, if the sorcerer showed up again I would vote for the spell that brings prosperity to the kingdom, as I think it might help us and our populace hapiness at the same time. (other options on top of the list would be the "army bonus spell" or the "keep forgotten beasts away")

C We should keep our north neighbors amicable
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: January 01, 2018, 05:42:34 pm »

C

Maybe it's time to make chums with the new blood?

They've fought against the lizard riding people in the past as well if I recall, and that's a storm brewing we should be building bulwarks against.

On traits that die with leaders. I agree it being a temporary bonus is a word against it, but.... The bonuses are so massive I think it's worth it, specially when you get that rare chance to stack a trait and title.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 05:45:19 pm by Criptfeind »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: January 01, 2018, 05:49:37 pm »

My dream is a day where we will get so much luck and money influx that the sorcerer will decide to camp outside our castle just waiting for next year deal
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: January 01, 2018, 05:51:02 pm »

C. A romantic militaristic idiot + a lucky land hungry conqueror? Sounds like an alliance made in heaven? We should totally offer him our daughter if he is not yet married.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: January 01, 2018, 05:52:12 pm »

C
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 1087