Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 711261 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #6030 on: January 13, 2018, 03:25:47 pm »

C.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: January 13, 2018, 03:29:26 pm »

C

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: January 13, 2018, 03:40:50 pm »

A I want to help Cydwyl soon but we do need to stop to attend our wife's funeral. It would also probably be a good idea to let our men rest and prepare for another campaign for a second while we do so. Plus it also allows us to stop to see how the Empire is doing internally.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 03:43:21 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: January 13, 2018, 03:46:50 pm »

C

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: January 13, 2018, 03:57:52 pm »

A I want to help Cydwyl soon but we do need to stop to attend our wife's funeral. It would also probably be a good idea to let our men rest and prepare for another campaign for a second while we do so. Plus it also allows us to stop to see how the Empire is doing internally.

Our wife is the mother/mother in law of the Cydwyl royal family. We need to fix their shit so they can attend the burial.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: January 13, 2018, 04:00:45 pm »

C Living before the dead!
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: January 13, 2018, 04:52:38 pm »

I'd like option D) Send the army and its commanders marching north to relieve Cydwyl while Cyl reminds everyone he's still alive checks in at the capital.

(Also, can we get an official word on how many soldiers remain after that campaign? Will some of the missing turn up or are they written off?)

Next best is A

I agree with Prophet. We're currently campaigning in the southwest, the Agaresians are attacking Cydwyl in the north/northeast. Let's swing by the capital and check in, even if it's only for a single update. We've already ordered an emergency force up there, an extra week or three without our personal presence shouldn't be a game changer. (And since we'd be defending an ally for at least the first half, I wouldn't expect the Conqueror bonus to apply.)

Our wife is the mother/mother in law of the Cydwyl royal family. We need to fix their shit so they can attend the burial.
I would think that's not an expectation on their part due to travel time. When our wife's father died we visited the tomb but the funeral was long over, and that was during peace.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: January 13, 2018, 04:55:00 pm »

C

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: January 13, 2018, 05:01:41 pm »

A. Reinforcements can go to Cydwyl without us, we need to attend Esta's funeral.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: January 13, 2018, 05:08:01 pm »

I would think that's not an expectation on their part due to travel time. When our wife's father died we visited the tomb but the funeral was long over, and that was during peace.

Honestly, I'd be willing to ask his attendance as payment for our help.

I have a hunch that his court does not like us quite as much as he does, and that he is being manipulated (dude is afraid to stand up to his own uncle over a marriage arrangement). I doubt he would have thrown money back in his father-in-laws face if it were entirely up to him. Regular face to face meetings with this guy could be critical to developing the relationship between Methiant and Cydwyl.

If my hunch is correct, Eventually we may win control of his nation by backing him against his own nobles and court.

Also, just had a brain wave, we should rename Eval to Esta in honor of our wife. Just a cute flavor thing, but it would be nice to show that Cyl cares about his family (even as he keeps putting off her funeral)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: January 13, 2018, 05:08:36 pm »

A
Send the army off to help Cydwyl, our marshal can deal with this one.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: January 13, 2018, 05:21:56 pm »

Send the army off to help Cydwyl, our marshal can deal with this one.

...So how long are we going to depend on the marshal anyway? Our son Houlandin is about as old as we were when we started leading armies, and he has the Martial trait. Connan isn't far behind him either.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: January 13, 2018, 05:34:18 pm »

Are we prepared to change our successor? Because if Leath names his own brother to the post after he ascends, that's one thing. But it strikes me as a questionable idea to have the heir to throne be different from the son who leads the army to victory.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: January 13, 2018, 05:44:36 pm »

Are we prepared to change our successor? Because if Leath names his own brother to the post after he ascends, that's one thing. But it strikes me as a questionable idea to have the heir to throne be different from the son who leads the army to victory.

"Hey, ya want to lead my armies and kill some shit for me?"

is not the same as

"Hey, ur my heir now. Peace."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: January 13, 2018, 06:06:07 pm »

C, but with the caveat that we may hopefully let the Marshal handle this one.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 1087