Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 745406 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #7110 on: February 07, 2018, 05:59:29 pm »

Revoke Recruitment Offices

Seriously. We have natural growth thanks to professional army. We're coming up against a hard cap I believe either this year or the next. We will be paying for nothing; shutting down the special incentives frees up money without raising another tax.

I think a major war in the future is likely enough to justify keeping the recruiting offices. I know I'll be voting to march at the next lucrative opprotunity.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7111 on: February 07, 2018, 06:08:53 pm »

Don't we have a potential army cap of 12? (Imperial brings us to 10, and the high economy bonus brought it even higher, but I'm not sure if that's still active or not) Either way we're at least a two years out from having to worry about hitting the cap since we just cut their budget. Potentially three. Maybe we'll turn it off in a year or two when we're actually near the cap, but I don't think we should turn it off now when we've still got a ways to go and no idea when the west is going to go down in flames... And also toggling it on and off seeeeems like we might be able to find something better to do with our edicts. Maybe we can hire our army out as mercenaries or something in quite years instead.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: February 07, 2018, 06:15:18 pm »

Don't we have a potential army cap of 12? (Imperial brings us to 10, and the high economy bonus brought it even higher, but I'm not sure if that's still active or not) Either way we're at least a two years out from having to worry about hitting the cap since we just cut their budget. Potentially three. Maybe we'll turn it off in a year or two when we're actually near the cap, but I don't think we should turn it off now when we've still got a ways to go and no idea when the west is going to go down in flames... And also toggling it on and off seeeeems like we might be able to find something better to do with our edicts. Maybe we can hire our army out as mercenaries or something in quite years instead.

We did cut our budget back to where it was before the high economy, a year or two back.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #7113 on: February 07, 2018, 06:16:17 pm »

Issue Bill of Rights

We need those offices, guys. It also doesn't seem to actually cost much to maintain.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: February 07, 2018, 06:24:55 pm »

Being an empire lets our resources potentially grow to 12.

HOWEVER, even when as a kingdom we could grow to 10, our army asked for more budget at 7:

1125 AD, End of the Year

The Advisor seems particularily happy when he walks into your study with Scrolls of Kingdom Status, and you soon learn why:

Happiness: 6
Population: 8
Economy: 7
Army: 7

Your wife, seated besides you, sighs from excitement.

"My liege, while our country grows, the officers and the Marshal concluded that we ought to take advantage of our booming economy and expand the budget of the Army. While it is well maintained, it only allows for mediocre amount of soldiers. Greater spending would allow for more men, horses and garrisons to be kept around the sundial."

A) "Agree, let's expand the military budget, for the glory of Methiant!"
B) "Just because we're rich now doesn't mean we will be rich tomorrow."

Looking back, it seems the D votes to cut the army budget narrowly squeaked through. This repeals both of our previous expansions, in which case we may be at the army cap right now.

I think a major war in the future is likely enough to justify keeping the recruiting offices. I know I'll be voting to march at the next lucrative opprotunity.

Recruiting offices have a roll associated. It looks to be spending 1 gold* for a 50% chance of recruiting 1 extra army. It may be necessary if we have a critical shortage, such as dwarves knocking us down to 1, but it seems to me almost anything else on the edict list would offer cooler, unique benefits so long as the army is even moderately healthy.

How badly are you spending our youth in this hypothetical war?

*I admit that with our yo-yo finances it's hard to tell. But I'm reasonably sure anything that expands the bureaucracy expands its spending.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 06:39:14 pm by mightymushroom »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: February 07, 2018, 06:53:10 pm »

Establish Passage Tax

I could be convinced to switch to Shadowranks or the Diplomatic Corps, but this is my preferred choice.

I'm also morally opposed to enacting a bill of rights! Why on Earth would we ever want to do that?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: February 07, 2018, 06:53:55 pm »

So we don't have to worry about rebellions while increasing the revolt risk in other nations?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: February 07, 2018, 07:00:52 pm »

Passage Tax First you give them basic rights and next thing you know they're going to be asking for disgusting horrible things like representation/elections! *Prophet shivers in disgust* Who would ever want to give the peasants rights? Especially with how disloyal they've proven themselves over the last few years. If anything they'll learn that if they threaten us we'll reward them.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: February 07, 2018, 07:02:07 pm »

Establish Passage Tax

I could be convinced to switch to Shadowranks or the Diplomatic Corps, but this is my preferred choice.

I'm also morally opposed to enacting a bill of rights! Why on Earth would we ever want to do that?

Boost to happiness that costs no money. I'd honestly vote for it if we didn't need the money.

How badly are you spending our youth in this hypothetical war?

Depends. It is hard to make long term plans in this game, but now that we have Leath the Peacemaker to bail us out of any wars that go bad, I'm not opposed to just fighting until our army is depleted, resting until it is restored, and repeating for as long as Cyl lives and we have good excuses to fight.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: February 07, 2018, 07:14:04 pm »

Being an empire lets our resources potentially grow to 12.

HOWEVER, even when as a kingdom we could grow to 10, our army asked for more budget at 7:

Right. So, we can go up to 12, and we had the option to increase spending to increase that to 14, which we took, but then dropped down to 12 to lower spending. It doesn't seem super likely that we'll be stuck on 8 after all that, even if we have to pay more money to go up (but that seemed to be connected, potentially, to being a kingdom) that sounds fine to me.

Considering we have Sorta hostile (although silent) empires to the east and south, a probably hostile massive kingdom to the west, a massive Horde to the west, lizard riders who hate us to the north, and two dwarven kingdoms that seem to be looking for any excuse to attack, I think keeping our army high should be a priority right now. Even if it means we're hurting on money for a little bit.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: February 07, 2018, 08:14:12 pm »

Passage tax

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: February 07, 2018, 08:40:02 pm »

I want every one of them

every one

at once

kidding

step 1) passage tax (+ money - merchants)
step 2) diplomatic corps (+ chance of merchants desiring our lands)
if the money goes in steadily
step 3) Settlement Policy (+pop =+taxes ,+ !!fun!! when hapiness low)

and then whatever, maybe arts, we could sell the arts abroad, how much we can exploit the art edict to create crafts from our metals/glassware?

emergency
Fucking low hapiness = bill of rights
Fucking angry neighboors = shadowranks
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: February 07, 2018, 08:41:55 pm »

Passage Tax

establish bill of rights

passage tax again
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 10:16:07 pm by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #7123 on: February 07, 2018, 09:11:41 pm »

Our happiness is kinda fucked as-is, and given that every rebellion has been about our oppressive rule. . .
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: February 07, 2018, 09:28:56 pm »

Make a bill of rights
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 1087