Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 745466 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #7770 on: February 22, 2018, 04:18:11 pm »

B

On another note, did the Imperial palace ever get finished? I remember us putting it on hold at some point and never hearing from it again afterward.

You mean the marble keep? I'm 90% sure that we only put it on hold for a year, and that it is now finished. Although we have had a couple of weddings since then, and there was no mention of us using it.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7771 on: February 22, 2018, 04:29:09 pm »

A

I happen to think we can get maximum leverage for those scholars by creating a New World Studies program at the Royal Institute of Learning.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7772 on: February 22, 2018, 04:29:46 pm »

A, we need to start that university!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7773 on: February 22, 2018, 04:30:56 pm »

we need to start that university!
B, the university can wait.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7774 on: February 22, 2018, 04:34:19 pm »

B

On another note, did the Imperial palace ever get finished? I remember us putting it on hold at some point and never hearing from it again afterward.

You mean the marble keep? I'm 90% sure that we only put it on hold for a year, and that it is now finished. Although we have had a couple of weddings since then, and there was no mention of us using it.

That’s exactly my impression, but since we didn’t hear a word about it I am not sure

A, we need to start that university!
It will have to wait until we have more Authority.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:36:02 pm by Arlos »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7775 on: February 22, 2018, 04:35:08 pm »

Seems like a pretty good way to get authority, however. What's a more compelling statement on the Empire's glory than an unmatched house of learning?

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: February 22, 2018, 04:37:49 pm »

Seems like a pretty good way to get authority, however. What's a more compelling statement on the Empire's glory than an unmatched house of learning?

Every edict cost authority, I am guessing the nobles or the religious people would get pissed at us for this.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7777 on: February 22, 2018, 04:42:52 pm »

I like the university as well, but I'd rather save up and invest in Dwarven Prospectors when we get the opportunity.

Assuming the dwarves don't randomly visit and offer to prospect for us, we have to wait until we max out our economy for that. It will be quicker to max out our economy if we are not paying for a university, so lets do that first.

Every edict cost authority, I am guessing the nobles or the religious people would get pissed at us for this.

I think the relationship between authority and edicts is some sort of complicated roll. I know at one point when our authority was low, our adviser suggested passing an edict to strengthen it. Also, when Houladin flipped out at us, he cited us not passing enough edicts as one of the reasons that we were a weak emperor.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:46:01 pm by Weirdsound »

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7778 on: February 22, 2018, 04:45:48 pm »

I like the university as well, but I'd rather save up and invest in Dwarven Prospectors when we get the opportunity.

Assuming the dwarves don't randomly visit and offer to prospect for us, we have to wait until we max out our economy for that. It will be quicker to max out our economy if we are not paying for a university, so lets do that first.

I the relationship between authority and edicts is some sort of complicated roll. I know at one point when our authority was low, our adviser suggested passing an edict to strengthen it. Also, when Houladin flipped out at us, he cited us not passing enough edicts as one of the reasons that we were a weak emperor.
I think the reason we got authority this one time was because we gave away some of the nobility/imperial power to the commoners, the text pretty much said that this could cause problem later on.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7779 on: February 22, 2018, 04:47:27 pm »

Could be. But I recall an incident in which the adviser suggested that passing an edict might help our authority, while he was asking us to pass an edict.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7780 on: February 22, 2018, 04:48:36 pm »

A hub of learning might prove better for our ability to discover and exploit resources than dealing with the perfidious dwarves again.

Besides, I like the elves better.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7781 on: February 22, 2018, 04:56:42 pm »

A hub of learning might prove better for our ability to discover and exploit resources than dealing with the perfidious dwarves again.

Besides, I like the elves better.

I'd agree, but the elves are far away and we don't get an option to deal with them. I was away when you guys voted to sell out big time and restore relations with the digging bastards, and would have argued hard against it, but whats done is done - it was costly as fuck to win their 'friendship', so we might as well get what we can out of it. Also, hiring prospectors should be a fairly safe transaction. They can't 'unprospect' our lands if we slight them.

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7782 on: February 22, 2018, 05:04:16 pm »

I'd agree, but the elves are far away and we don't get an option to deal with them. I was away when you guys voted to sell out big time and restore relations with the digging bastards, and would have argued hard against it, but whats done is done - it was costly as fuck to win their 'friendship', so we might as well get what we can out of it. Also, hiring prospectors should be a fairly safe transaction. They can't 'unprospect' our lands if we slight them.

They would probably try out of spite

Could be. But I recall an incident in which the adviser suggested that passing an edict might help our authority, while he was asking us to pass an edict.

Here is what we are talking about

Establish The Council of Statesmen:
Creation of a small council of governmental officials who will be tasked with helping the government run smoother alongside traditional advisors, and, of course, the monarch himself. This will help strengthen the Imperial Authority, even in dire times, and help pass edicts quicker, although giving even more political power away from the throne than in the past might become a source of troubles one day.

Seems pretty clear cut what bring authority and what cost authority.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7783 on: February 22, 2018, 05:12:08 pm »

You decide to naaaah.

1149 AD, Spring

Reports come of battles fought against Agaresians. The lizard riders would be squashed if not the fearsome giant war lizards they rode, which, your operators have finally confirmed, are not afraid of neither sounds nor flashes of Fireblood explosions.

Meanwhile, your court is inflamed by Iwald's proclamation! He publicly decried Houlandin as unfit to be future Emperor, both physically and mentally, given his lost eye and his preference for men, which endangers the future of the ruling dynasty. Some courtiers are against the youth, but some seem to be at least silently supporting Iwald's claims.

Houlandin and Iwald have failed to reach an agreement, and seem to be willing to come to blows!

Tails

You try your best to ignore this situation, as brothers, like all brothers, always come into conflict over many things. You therefore do not oppose when Iwald challenges Houlandin to a duel to death!

Quote from: A little new mechanic for non-personal dueling? Let's see how it werks
Houlandin* vs Iwald*!
5 vs 5
7 vs 3

As you emerge from your abode of tranquility and peace, you hear terrible news; the two were evenly matched for a while, but ultimately Houlandin struck his mace right into Iwald's head, crushing his skull and killing him instantly. He shows little regret besides some silent contemplation and donation upon the Alldivine altar.

A) He asserted his authority and his right to be an heir. He should be praised!
B) Tis kinslaying! Fratricide! Crime of the worst kind! Houlandin is to be executed!!
C) I have not sanctioned this duel! Houlandin killed his brother, and with that, he lost his priviledge of inheritance!
D) A reprimand and a lecture on morality will do him well to avoid such unfortunate events in the future.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 05:15:38 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7784 on: February 22, 2018, 05:15:47 pm »

C
Only reason I'm not voting B is not to compound fratricide with filicide.

Okay, fine, D.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 05:53:27 pm by Maximum Spin »
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 1087