Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 720375 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #8550 on: March 19, 2018, 02:34:47 pm »

C I'm actually kinda curious to see what will come from this option. Since our Alchemists only seem to focus on Fireblood it'd be kinda cool to see what other kind of things Alchemists can do.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 03:01:37 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: March 19, 2018, 02:35:33 pm »

C I'm actually kinda curious to see what will come from this option. Since our Alchemists only seem to focus on Fireblood it'd be kinda cool to see what other kind of things Alchemists can do.
Too C
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: March 19, 2018, 02:36:04 pm »

A. The ruler retiring in his old age is unheard of, and especially impressive for Cyl since he inherited the throne as a child. We've basically won Spamkingdom.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Hotfire90

« Reply #8553 on: March 19, 2018, 02:37:40 pm »

C

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8554 on: March 19, 2018, 02:40:42 pm »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: March 19, 2018, 02:41:40 pm »

You know what? A Let us play as a great general and continue our father's legacy.

We are collecting too many negative traits.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8556 on: March 19, 2018, 02:43:05 pm »

C

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8557 on: March 19, 2018, 02:46:01 pm »

B

Inviting people to come with cures is just asking to be fleeced, swindled, AND gulled.
Houlandin is for all intents and purposes already running the army. Cyl can tough out the paperwork still.

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8558 on: March 19, 2018, 02:47:40 pm »

A time to retire, you lived well Cyl

How old is he right now?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: March 19, 2018, 02:53:32 pm »

Cyl was born Mid Spring 1099, so he celebrated his 55th birthday this year.
And was crowned king when the Civil War ended shortly after his 15th birthday, so this also marks the 40th (!) year of his reign.
And next year will be the 20th anniversary of the creation of the Empire.

Why aren't we having a big party here?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 03:01:40 pm by mightymushroom »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8560 on: March 19, 2018, 02:55:44 pm »

A! 39 years of glory! Time to head into the study and kick back.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: March 19, 2018, 03:03:26 pm »

A Actually while it would be cool to experiment with new alchemists I do like Cyl and want him to have a nice end. Better retired and livin' the good life while his son deals with the annoying shit now than dying from some ailment caused by weird potions. He'll be remembered as the most successful ruler to ever rule in the Luathbas area! Also knowing us we'll never manage to get another ruler to retirement age so let's savor this.  :P
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 03:05:27 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin I of Methiant!
« Reply #8562 on: March 19, 2018, 03:12:16 pm »

aaaaa
bb
cccc

You decide that perhaps it's time for you to leave the throne. You're old, you're tired, you're getting affected with ailments.

Yes. Yes, it is time. You had a good run. Exactly forty years on the throne, in the age and the land where ten is considered plenty and twenty deserves a separate, commemorative history scripture.

During the next meeting with your court, you announce your desire to abdicate the throne. The courtiers' reactions are mixed; some are relieved, some are sad, some nod heads in agreement, some bemoan this as if it's some world-ending disaster.

You assure them that Houlandin will do fine as your successor.

You are Houlandin, son of Cyl!

Your father has just abdicated, and by the law of the Empire, you ascend to the throne of Methiant! You yourself are getting slightly old, 36 years is nothing to scoff at.

You are martial genius, and has proven that many times in the history of your princedom. Some people know, most do not care, that you're homosexual. Being one-eyed is, nowadays, just a nuisance to you, and some show respect to your battle scarring, too!

You've made one son with Estrid. The girl has always been a faithful companion, and when she found out about your... preference, she swore to protect your secret. Truly, a woman to be rewarded for her loyalty! Llewyn himself is a very charismatic fellow, his eloquence and silvertongue noted by his tutors, and he loves poetry to boot (gotta score those points with ladies)!

Wearing the decorated, hand-knitted eyepatch for your coronation, you also adorn yourself with the leaf-necklace. Holding the Coronation Staff in your hand, you accept the Imperial Crown from the crowd of courtiers, the Advisor then places it on your bowed head.

What regnal name should you take? You consider this for a moment.

You never were like your father. Except stubborness, you two always warred about something. Dissappointment for him or not, you cannot simply accept his name as regnal name. Shall you go back to the old times of the dynasty, and assume the name of your venerable ancestors?

No, you're a self-made man! Thus, you decide to use your birth name as your regnal name. Long live Emperor of Methiant, and King of Felonsein and King of Ceodwell, also Duke of Eval, Master of Tiftit Hurthlings, the Overlord of Donuth! Long Live Houlandin I!

1154 AD, Late Summer

And now to the first order of business.

Estrid enters your study, wearing a simple dress. You know why she is here, so you take the papers, prepared long ago, from your desk. This has been a mutual agreement made over a decade ago, and finally, finally, you can set her free.

You sign the papers, meanwhile she sighs with a hint of regret.

"I wish you weren't like this, Houlandin."

"I wish you were a man, Estrid."

She gives you a chaste peck on your cheek, and happily takes her copy of the divorce documents. Llewyn, of course, will remain at the palace as your heir and can visit his mother whenever he wishes. As for Estrid, she is still young; you hope that she will lead a happy life beside that nobleman Ansdwyn (they started seeing each other last Spring, if you remember correctly), in her newly purchased keep and with her newfound riches.

Unfortunately, the court isn't that happy about this. People of the Empire will surely dislike having a wife-less Emperor, but what they shall do about it? You have a son and heir, and two of your brothers are still alive. Plenty of dynastical backup there!

Few days later, you have to deal with something else entirely.

The silver mines, the backbone of Methiantese economy, has suffered a terrible flood! Apparently, the miners hit an underground river, and numerous tunnels were flooded, with quite a few miners drowned in the torrential water pouring into the shafts. The administrators of the mines are worried about both the cost and time that will have to be spent to reclaim the flooded areas. Part of the mines is still operational, but the income from them might not even be a third of what the mines produced.

A) I'm sure they can fix them on their own.
B) This is terrible! Let's sponsor their attempt with supplies, money and hired workforce. The silver must flow!!
C) But can they manage this on their own? We should turn to the local experts in mining and geology - that's it, the Dwarves!

Guuuuuuuys, not only you managed to get a single monarch live to his fifties, he also reigned for 40 years AND retired peacefully.

I'm so fucking proud of you guys.

* Haspen sniffles into a handkerchief.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 03:37:09 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8563 on: March 19, 2018, 03:15:55 pm »

C

Perhaps this will bring the chance to hire them to prospect some of our other holdings.

Edit: Also, low key disappointed we didn't get Houlandin's entire title like we got for Cyl when he took the title of emperor.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 03:18:19 pm by Weirdsound »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: March 19, 2018, 03:17:22 pm »

Is this the same river that flooded the silver mines before?
B
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 03:19:38 pm by mightymushroom »
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 1087