Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 719397 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #9870 on: April 14, 2018, 08:03:27 am »

C

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9871 on: April 14, 2018, 09:02:30 am »

You order an armed expedition into the mountains while the garrison is to be strengthened further.

1164 AD, Summer

1to3

The fur and skins' market must've been saturated in the south, because your merchants brought about a third of money they usually bring. They are optimistic, however, and believe they can recuperate their losses next year.

Bad news come from Orcworld; the expedition failed to return, and scouts sent to sneak through the mountains found traces of campsites but not a living soul as far as a week on foot through the mountains (this mountain range, by the way, seems to be enormous and stretches further northwest). Two hundred are assumed to have perished.

1164 AD, Midsummer

Thunderstorms of great magnitude struck Methiant and its neighbourhood, but thankfully, the damage was minimal, the Scepter's glow once again having saved the land.

1164 AD, Autumn

Springwine of the Hurthlings has sold very well, and the noblemen of Methiant were quite grateful to having been able to quench their thirst with this sweet, refreshing beverage of pink color!

The diplomatic corps bring a report; apparently few of your envoys have begun quite serious talks with the dwarves of Zonalath. The dwarves are interested in your gold that has been discovered across the mountains, and are even considering sharing the secrets of dwarven steel with you.

A) This is terrible idea, I quite like having gold, and our own metalwork is superior anyways!
B) Invite the bearded ones to the capital, so they can see I'm also taking them seriously!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9872 on: April 14, 2018, 09:03:58 am »

B

Gold runs out eventually. Dwarven steel I'm not so sure about. Imagine what kind of Fireblood machines we could make out of it!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9873 on: April 14, 2018, 09:08:45 am »

B
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #9874 on: April 14, 2018, 09:08:46 am »

B

Hopefully the little assholes don't have a way to make steel blow up at range, too.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9875 on: April 14, 2018, 09:12:42 am »

B

Lets be honest they most likely do lol

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9876 on: April 14, 2018, 09:24:23 am »

A

Yeah, I mean. They probably do.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9877 on: April 14, 2018, 09:25:31 am »

B - Lets at least hear them out.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9878 on: April 14, 2018, 09:58:38 am »

B

I mean, they weren't exploding or melting any normal metals with their magic, so if "steel" doesn't involve runes and blood rituals it doesn't seem likely...
Besides mithril will still give them a materials advantage in battle. I probably don't want to know what that costs.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9879 on: April 14, 2018, 10:01:27 am »

B

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9880 on: April 14, 2018, 12:51:47 pm »

A nope, our economy simply can’t afford to lose the gold right now.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe III of Methiant!
« Reply #9881 on: April 14, 2018, 12:59:18 pm »

You send for the dwarves. Having them negotiate in your splendorous keep in the middle of your grandiose capital city will surely work wonders.

1,1 finally, after 15 years of rolling for this trigger...

You are Eivan, son of Cyl! You are wise, and so is your current heir and eldest son, Bjern, if his tutors are to be believed.

All of Methiant is in deep mourning! Emperor Cyl I of Methiant, King of Felonsein and Ceodwell, Overlord of Donuth, Tiftit and Eval has died in his sleep tonight! His glorious, superbly long reign has gained him the posthumous title of 'The Great', marking him first monarch in the region to obtain such a prestigious epithet since the Ceól of Luathbas from the early 700s.

Thousands have gathered in the streets of the capital, lamenting the passing of the old Emperor, covering their faces with the traditional black veils of mourning. Even the manliest of courtiers are weeping, for to see the passing of a legend like your father is a terrible burden. But he has passed on to a better place, and you have to sit upon the old throne of Methiant, one that your father has occupied (with brief interludes) for almost half a century.

You consider what regnal name you should adopt.

Obviously, you cannot even dream to match your father's accomplishments, so the name of Cyl is outta consideration. The name of Houlandin seems to have a curse over it, but you're not sure whether because it draws back to the old Luathbas or due to hubris of your brother?

Nevermind, you already found an answer. You will return to the venerable name of your ancestors - Yoe!

All hail Yoe III, Emperor of Methiant!

As people gather in the capital to take part in the funeral proceedings and say farewells to their beloved Emperor, you need to decide how much money should be spent on the procession and the funeral of your father.

As for the funeral itself...

A) A simple ceremony for as simple man he always portrayed himself to be!
B) Nothing short of grandiose parade attended by tens of thousands will suffice!

As for your father's tomb...

A) He will join rest of the family in our dynastic tombs.
B) He must be enshrined in separate, adorned tomb. We ought to commission a famous builder for this.
C) He deserves nothing else but grandiose mausoleum, dripping with gold, silver and marble. Such a work needs supervising by grandmasters of art and architecture!

* Haspen sniffles in corner.

After all those years and three games, a monarch dies peacefully of old age. We're breaking boundaries with each update, guys!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9882 on: April 14, 2018, 01:03:02 pm »

AA, it's what he would've wanted.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9883 on: April 14, 2018, 01:04:50 pm »

Lived to 65 exactly, and ruled for 49 years. Godspeed you magnificent bastard.

AA

Can't break the bank on this, sadly enough, but we should give him some kind of more prestigious burial.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 01:18:04 pm by Harry Baldman »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #9884 on: April 14, 2018, 01:05:30 pm »

A salute to the old Emperor. He really was Great indeed.

BB
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 1087