Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 719435 times)

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Crown Prince Bjern of Methiant!
« Reply #10980 on: May 07, 2018, 06:05:38 pm »

A
We'll claim our revenge later.

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
  • I bring hell (aka eternal PUNishment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10981 on: May 07, 2018, 06:26:23 pm »

B draw a bird and flip it upside down :D
A then sign the papers
everything is fine
 everything is on fire
I see no difference between these two phrases.
only at modded hell does this make sense

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10982 on: May 08, 2018, 01:43:09 am »

We should have given up the damn tax, we didnt need it.

A

We need to get a real handle on happiness before we start trying to fix this mess, get that calendar of festivals up we need max happiness.

I do totally understand wanting to give them the bird and not signing.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10983 on: May 08, 2018, 01:45:47 am »

We are not going to give them the bird, we are going to let them think they won, then we will give them the impaling stake. The short kind.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10984 on: May 08, 2018, 02:02:11 am »

A, we will get them later
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10985 on: May 08, 2018, 04:04:30 am »

A
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10986 on: May 08, 2018, 05:45:04 am »

A.  We'll eradicate Pantheonism from the face of SPAMworld later, though.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10987 on: May 08, 2018, 06:40:31 am »

I still think our ignoring the hatred of the tax and general unhappiness (and random really bad luck) is what did us in.

We don't have to go full cultural revolution here.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10988 on: May 08, 2018, 07:55:56 am »

Name ONE thing patheonism dd for us,ONE DAMM THING

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10989 on: May 08, 2018, 08:09:57 am »

There's the magical argument which is made under the likely mistaken assumption that the spread of Pantheonism will increase the influence of magic upon the world. Even if that's correct though, that still leaves the fact that the only time magic actually seems to come up is when a forgotten beast comes out to fuck us, when the dwarves come out of their mountainhomes to cheat us, when the elves come out of the woods to be kind of helpful but only if we displease the much more powerful dwarves, when a Sorceress turns up to rob us and increase chances of chaotic magical instability in the region for a fleeting bonus, and occasionally in the form of weird prophecies that have a mixed track record of helping us in any way.

Pantheonist fanatics can also be a military unit you can have if you do some top-quality bootlicking for the priests, but they only come along when you're extremely favored, give a +1 bonus to engagements and probably are a lot like Hurthling slingers in that they stick around for a bit until you lose one or two battles and they eat shit and die.

In short, they can be useful, we just need to break their spirit enough to suit our needs because going out of one's way to please them will always be a losing battle, just like with the dwarves.

EDIT: Hm, it might be a solid idea to get a Sorceress to put some kind of death curse on the Pantheonist clergy. Gets the magic and the vengeance in one fell swoop.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 08:15:06 am by Harry Baldman »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10990 on: May 08, 2018, 08:53:22 am »

A

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10991 on: May 08, 2018, 09:05:59 am »

There's the magical argument which is made under the likely mistaken assumption that the spread of Pantheonism will increase the influence of magic upon the world. Even if that's correct though, that still leaves the fact that the only time magic actually seems to come up is when a forgotten beast comes out to fuck us, when the dwarves come out of their mountainhomes to cheat us, when the elves come out of the woods to be kind of helpful but only if we displease the much more powerful dwarves, when a Sorceress turns up to rob us and increase chances of chaotic magical instability in the region for a fleeting bonus, and occasionally in the form of weird prophecies that have a mixed track record of helping us in any way.

Pantheonist fanatics can also be a military unit you can have if you do some top-quality bootlicking for the priests, but they only come along when you're extremely favored, give a +1 bonus to engagements and probably are a lot like Hurthling slingers in that they stick around for a bit until you lose one or two battles and they eat shit and die.

In short, they can be useful, we just need to break their spirit enough to suit our needs because going out of one's way to please them will always be a losing battle, just like with the dwarves.

EDIT: Hm, it might be a solid idea to get a Sorceress to put some kind of death curse on the Pantheonist clergy. Gets the magic and the vengeance in one fell swoop.
So in short kill all pantheonists and ally with the dwarves

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #10992 on: May 08, 2018, 09:38:40 am »

A

Solidly for the Sorceress Death Curse solution. The beet part is, we could get plausible deniability!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #10993 on: May 08, 2018, 11:04:16 am »

A

Okay, we've finally gotten the rise of Pantheonism as you people kept clamoring for. But at what cost?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Bjern I of Methiant!
« Reply #10994 on: May 08, 2018, 11:29:36 am »

You sign the papers.

1172 AD, Summer

You are Bjern, son of Yoe III!

You are very wise, just like your father. Your ascension was marked with chaos and bloodshed, but all is for naught. The victory of Pantheon and downfall of 'immoral tyrant' in the eyes of Pantheonist worshippers lifted their moods considerably; indeed, there's a large crowd outside the palace cheering your ascension.

You consider your regnal name.

You decide that naming pool in your dynasty is awfully small, and expanding it will do good for your successors!

All hail Emperor Bjern I of Methiant!

The Advisor comes with Scrolls of Kingdom Status in his hands.

Happiness: 4
Population: 5
Economy: 8
Army: 7
Imp.Authority: -2

You guess these are decent numbers, except that last one.

1!*

Goldwork failed to bring profits, which were low without part of the precious items stolen from merchants during the period of religious riots.

Just as a report arrives from Orcworld, the guards say there's a messenger from Eldrican, about some marriage agreement being long overdue.

A) Gotta read the report first.
B) Gotta do the diplomacy first.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 1087