Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 711374 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Succession Council of Midwinter 1172 AD
« Reply #11220 on: May 14, 2018, 09:58:42 am »

The Cyl vote would have been a better idea, as that has a smoother convergence of the two titles rather than just handing the King of Cydwyl the literal keys to the Empire and also gives an out in case the idea is completely intolerable to Cydwylians (and if it is, it'd be rightly so, since I figure they're intelligent enough to know that in a full-on union with Methiant there's basically no way they're gonna come out on top without getting nommed by our considerably more advanced administrative system).

Yeah, I'm a bit sorry I didn't show up to the conversation earlier. I might have been swung to support Cyl (although I do favor Ruberta/Rinilda) but never Estjald.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Succession Council of Midwinter 1172 AD
« Reply #11221 on: May 14, 2018, 10:17:22 am »

L

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Empress Ruberta I of Methiant!
« Reply #11222 on: May 14, 2018, 10:50:18 am »

//Fluffe's vote has been ignored to make this go already.

11 B
10 L

Enough time passed and enough votes were made. Let's go!

1172 AD, Late Winter

You are Ruberta, daughter of Aeldaun! You have been just now selected by the Council of Methiant as its next ruler, an Empress! And to think your father told you, when you were smol, that you will probably end as consort to one of Eldrican noblemen. Funny how that goes, but that would be another indicator that luck is your strength.

You consider what to regnal name to take, but there's not many amongst Methiantese noblewomen. Therefore, you decide to supplant your own!

All hail Empress Ruberta of Methiant, Queen of Felonsein and Ceodwell, Suzerain of Donuth, Tiftit and Eval!

Somehow, most of the important people consider 'Bjern's' passing as a good thing. It seems that loss of a leader concerned them less than possible demon summonings he might've carried out.

1172 AD, End of the Year

The last month was spent on preparations and paperwork, and now comes time for even more paperwork! It is that strange time when the Advisor visits their sovereign in their rooms and present them those mystical Scrolls of Kingdom Status.

You believe they really should just make a new copy every year; these scrolls, almost a century old, seem to be growing mold and acquired black pigmentation from overwriting on them. Kinda yucky.

1, 6(6)

Happiness: 7
Population: 5
Economy: 7
Army: 7
Imp.Authority: -1

"Your Highness, our Armt failed to get enough recruits to refill its numbers yet, and the authority of the office of Empress is a bit lacking despite all efforts made. Still, do you wish to honour your ascension with issueing of an Edict?"

A) Better not.
B) But of course!

//Actually, I forgot to add income from gemstones, silver and gold, so that's false alarm, the Economy is doing alright!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 11:08:18 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11223 on: May 14, 2018, 10:52:47 am »

Overlady?

A
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 10:58:17 am by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Hotfire90

« Reply #11224 on: May 14, 2018, 10:54:29 am »

A

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11225 on: May 14, 2018, 10:55:50 am »

B

Guys, I know what we need to do to weaken the Pantheonists! Religious Tolerance doesn't work, so I think we need to come at this from the other end. Something to foster a spirit of freedom and humanism and positive thinking and all that cool shit.

The Bill of Rights!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #11226 on: May 14, 2018, 10:57:37 am »

B

A Bill of Rights isn't a bad idea. Ruberta strikes me as the kind of person to care lovingly for all of her people.

But I do want to wait; make it something more of a capstone to a long and storied career as opposed to the opening Salvo.

We do need to adjust our tactics though. We've been sitting on those army reforms for too long.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Hotfire90

« Reply #11227 on: May 14, 2018, 11:02:25 am »

Those new tactics have already been passed, they were introduced during our war with Parsia, as for the Bill of Rights, we should wait until the Imperial Authority is higher.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11228 on: May 14, 2018, 11:06:39 am »

Overlady?

Apparently not. Do I go with sovereign? Suzerain?

* Haspen must go deeper into feudal nomenclature!

EDIT: According to Wikipedia, Suzerain is just what I need: 'The terminology gradually became generalised to refer to any relationship in which one region or people controls the foreign policy and international relations of a tributary state, while allowing the tributary nation to have internal autonomy.[1] Modern writers also sometimes use the term suzerain to refer to a feudal lord, in regard to their relationship to their vassals.'
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11229 on: May 14, 2018, 11:11:54 am »

A I heavily disagree with giving anyone besides us rights.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11230 on: May 14, 2018, 11:18:32 am »

A I'm in favor of Rights but I think we should get at least one year of stability to our credit. All those good numbers should support Imperial Authority.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11231 on: May 14, 2018, 11:23:37 am »

A
Well, this has been one right train wreck of a decade.
Hopefully we'll get it right this time.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11232 on: May 14, 2018, 11:33:02 am »

Well, this has been one right train wreck of a decade.

It's been barely 2 years so far, I will point out V:
SigFlags!

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11233 on: May 14, 2018, 11:46:07 am »

B, we must reform, or we will fall to revolution.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #11234 on: May 14, 2018, 11:54:41 am »

You know, I would be willing to bet that the Bill of Rights is probably a happiness buff with high chance of nobles rebelling. I recommend putting it off a year or two, let our army build back up and our authority get over 0.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 1087