Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 970 971 [972] 973 974 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 750238 times)

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Cyl of Cydwyl!
« Reply #14565 on: September 03, 2018, 12:19:16 pm »

CD

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14566 on: September 03, 2018, 12:20:14 pm »

You may recall the Council of Statesmen edict, that constantly works to increase our authority. One man cannot hold all the power, as there is just too much to do. Decentralization is essential when messages only travel as fast as a horse. By giving nobles actual power we ensure they can act on our behalf.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14567 on: September 03, 2018, 12:25:31 pm »

Question: Is Ciri still set to marry the Prince from Helliste? If so, I think that makes her our best choice. We can keep it in the bloodline, while still increasing ties and influence with another nation.

Also, why no option to name Yoe IV's widow heir? It would still likely keep the crown in the bloodline long term, but would allow us to skip another regency period should we die before our grandkid comes of age.

Still, I better just vote CD. The question of nobility seems a bit too important for me not to vote because I'm concerned over the heir decision. Proto-federalism FTW.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 01:21:42 pm by Weirdsound »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14568 on: September 03, 2018, 12:32:58 pm »

Question: Is Ciri still set to marry the Prince from Helliste? If so, I think that makes her our best choice. We can keep it in the bloodline, while still increasing ties and influence with another nation.

Also, why no option to name Yoe IV's widow heir? It would still likely keep the crown in the bloodline long term, but would allow us to skip another regency period should we die before our grandkid comes of age.

Yes, thanks for reminding. Is gonna happen this year, too.

Well shoot, I knew I was forgetting someone. The family's too big! >:V

Also, you guys don't get attached to Cyl that much. He is 54 already.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 12:35:07 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14569 on: September 03, 2018, 12:53:22 pm »

You may recall the Council of Statesmen edict, that constantly works to increase our authority. One man cannot hold all the power, as there is just too much to do. Decentralization is essential when messages only travel as fast as a horse. By giving nobles actual power we ensure they can act on our behalf.

I do recall the edict, and our artifact crown, and that we have had authority problems anyway (and so has Cydwyl with their "happy" nobles). We already have an imperial bureaucracy to administer our commands throughout the nation: so while I get that bribery = (temporary?) loyalty, I have trouble understanding what the gain would be that is worth the price of making every rebellion better armed and giving nobles more reasons to protect expand their personal power. I'd rather build our proto-nationalism by keeping level or reducing their fealty to individual estates.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14570 on: September 03, 2018, 01:21:22 pm »

Yes, thanks for reminding. Is gonna happen this year, too.

Well shoot, I knew I was forgetting someone. The family's too big! >:V

Also, you guys don't get attached to Cyl that much. He is 54 already.

Alright, yeah. There is almost no way Cyl lives long enough for Cidric to take the crown. Regardless of what we think of the nobility issue, can we all change our heir votes to B? I am going to right now.

CB

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14571 on: September 03, 2018, 01:30:54 pm »

C A

C G

I could take A or Q or even G for heir, but I don't know why we should skip to the younger daughter. She's marrying into Helliste but she's unlikely to inherit it. The Cydwyl merger took two or three generations of prep work before they agreed (also why rushing after Eldrican is not the right move today in my opinion).

Yeah, now that I think about it G is for Genius: Wisdom, Martial, Lucky No wait, forgot he's also a scaredy-cat, negating martial. Oops.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 08:16:24 am by mightymushroom »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14572 on: September 03, 2018, 01:44:32 pm »

I do recall the edict, and our artifact crown, and that we have had authority problems anyway (and so has Cydwyl with their "happy" nobles). We already have an imperial bureaucracy to administer our commands throughout the nation: so while I get that bribery = (temporary?) loyalty, I have trouble understanding what the gain would be that is worth the price of making every rebellion better armed and giving nobles more reasons to protect expand their personal power. I'd rather build our proto-nationalism by keeping level or reducing their fealty to individual estates.
Our authority issue has been due to the repeated scandals we've gotten into, rather than some lords having power. Now that we have a sensible ruler we won't have the problem.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14573 on: September 03, 2018, 01:51:50 pm »

C A

C G

I could take A or Q or even G for heir, but I don't know why we should skip to the younger daughter. She's marrying into Helliste but she's unlikely to inherit it. The Cydwyl merger took two or three generations of prep work before they agreed (also why rushing after Eldrican is not the right move today in my opinion).

Yeah, now that I think about it G is for Genius: Wisdom, Martial, Lucky

She is to marry the heir. Her own son should inherit it, and she could if she outlives him before her kids come of age.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14574 on: September 03, 2018, 02:10:59 pm »

I think you have it backward. We need a strong bureaucracy to hold sway over large lands, giving more power to the nobility combined with large lands will mean they become too large for us to effectively command when the nobles have more power then we do. If the lands were small enough that we could personally oversee the nobility and personally administrate the most powerful noble estate, powerful nobility wouldn't be an issue.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14575 on: September 03, 2018, 03:03:31 pm »

CD
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14576 on: September 03, 2018, 03:28:49 pm »

CD
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Qassius

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a Russian Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14577 on: September 03, 2018, 05:01:06 pm »

AD

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14578 on: September 03, 2018, 06:13:02 pm »

BD

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14579 on: September 04, 2018, 09:27:15 am »

Don't expect updates today guys, sorry.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 970 971 [972] 973 974 ... 1087