Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 750493 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin III of Methiant-Cydwyl!
« Reply #15615 on: January 24, 2019, 05:09:38 pm »

A we could always fund them later, we just have to pay a loan

instead, send the diplomatic corps there and try to sell our trinkets using albion as proxy I dunno
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15616 on: January 24, 2019, 05:15:17 pm »

A

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15617 on: January 24, 2019, 05:17:21 pm »

A we could always fund them later, we just have to pay a loan

instead, send the diplomatic corps there and try to sell our trinkets using albion as proxy I dunno

I'm thinking we pay the loan by revoking the arts patronage edict for a few years. Between our new tax, and whatever benefits the stag hunt gave the luck of our nation, I'm confident we can turn this around without much difficulty. If we launch this voyage, we have two avenues to find a new trade deal: Our attempt to contact the half elves, and the port we are renting from Helliste in search of foreign trade. If either of those yield trade routes, we will be golden.

We should be careful with our spending, but this sounds like it could lead to trade and diplomacy deals in the long run. B
+1

I don't think Haspen accepts +1's for votes. You may want to change that. Especially now that the vote is close.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #15618 on: January 24, 2019, 05:21:54 pm »

B
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15619 on: January 24, 2019, 05:40:38 pm »

A Changing my vote.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15620 on: January 24, 2019, 06:00:30 pm »

A
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15621 on: January 24, 2019, 07:16:56 pm »

A

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15622 on: January 24, 2019, 07:21:56 pm »

whatever benefits the stag hunt gave the luck of our nation,

We had chosen to interrupt the hunt in trade for power, we gained charismatic and wise

god damn, I am just thinking, WHY the hell didn't we asked the dwarves or a sorcerer to do a tome or throne that gives the wise trait to whoever is using it
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15623 on: January 24, 2019, 07:23:08 pm »

whatever benefits the stag hunt gave the luck of our nation,

We had chosen to interrupt the hunt in trade for power, we gained charismatic and wise

god damn, I am just thinking, WHY the hell didn't we asked the dwarves or a sorcerer to do a tome or throne that gives the wise trait to whoever is using it

If you read the last post carefully, the Priest still says just seeing and chasing the Stag = good luck.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15624 on: January 24, 2019, 07:47:06 pm »

oh, I completely missed that (although I feel that it is just a surpersticion "Oh, seeing it is good omen" but in truth it will not happen anything or a misunderstanding of what is really happening where the "luck" is in fact the white stag blessing the hunters)
Novice english wordsmith

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15625 on: January 25, 2019, 04:09:48 am »

A - last time we waited a spell between expeditions, a few years wont hurt while we get our economy actually working again.

To that, what is the plan to cut costs an add revenue?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #15626 on: January 27, 2019, 05:14:22 am »

aaaaaaa
bbbb

You congratulate them on their successes, but tell that the Crown is unable to sponsor another expedition. The cartographers are understanding, yet a little sad.

They promise to update the royal map before end of the year.

1215 AD, Winter

5to6

T'chai leaves sold for very big profits this year! Your Treasurer celebrates a bit.

Profits from trading are further boosted by timely arrival of gold and gemstones from the Methiantese mines.

A diplomatic entourage arrives from the Sim Empire, and not a small one either - it is Mahjar Tum Brah, Mahjar Sim's son and heir! Along with plethora of servants and guards.

Prince Tum Brah makes an entrance into the capital city, riding a large war cat, one that is orange and gold and covered in black stripes. Plates of polished armor, decorated with gemstones and pearls, adorn the big feline. The Simian Prince himself is decked in a white coat, adorned with gemstones as well. People gawk at the splendor of Simian wealth and fashion; Tum Brah's entourage is similarily, if a bit more plainly, decorated.

He enters your audience hall and does not bow before you (unlike his servants). His copper skin and pointy, black beard bears a resemblance to Parsian fashion.

Prince Tum Brah opens his arms and smiles.

"Greetings, Emperor Houlandin III, son of Yoe IV, leader of Methiant-Cydwyl, magnaminous and prosperous lord and friend of Sim Empire. I've come here to ask, in the name of my great father, for a little favor."

"What would that be?"

"My father's menagerie of animals used in the army includes war cats, oliphaunts and giant lizards, but what the army needs at the moment is horses. Thousands upon thousands are required. Out of all neighbours, there's only one we can trust and are willing to ask to provide us with them. Would you agree to sell us some of Methiantese and Cydwyllian mares and stallions for next few years? My father's plans depend on your cooperation."

"Can we know what these plans are?" Prince Tum Brah grins.

"They would do nothing to endanger Methiant-Cydwyl's borders and integrity. That is all my father allowed me to say." The Marshal and the Spymaster look at each other, but its the former that approaches you.

"Sire," he whispers, the plume on his helmet bouncing funnily, "Cydwyllian plains supply plethora of horses, but I'm not sure it's still enough to supply both Simian and Methiantese armies. We could potentially face a shortage when recruiting new officers each year..." The Spymaster approaches next.

"Sire, we could divulge some plans from Prince Tum Brah's servants if we're given some time..."

You decide to...

A) Politely decline Prince Tum Brah's request, for Methiant itself needs its horses.
B) Ask Prince Tum Brah to stay at the capital for few days, so he can rest after the tiring journey.
C) Politely decline Prince Tum Brah's request, and ask whether some money, instead of horses, would be accepted by Mahjar Sim.
D) Agree to the request and promise five hundred horses each year to be sold to Sim Empire.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15627 on: January 27, 2019, 05:20:30 am »

B - Let's go intrigue!

Maybe they can trade us some lizards, cats and oliphaunts in exchange?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15628 on: January 27, 2019, 05:48:10 am »

A

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15629 on: January 27, 2019, 08:12:49 am »

B - Let's go intrigue!

Maybe they can trade us some lizards, cats and oliphaunts in exchange?

B Yes! It would be crude to ask for a trade but surely friends can exchange gifts?
Pages: 1 ... 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 ... 1087