Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 750300 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin III of Methiant-Cydwyl!
« Reply #15705 on: February 10, 2019, 04:28:43 pm »

B

I doubt it would have much of an effect at this point, but sure. Let's preserve our history.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Hotfire90

« Reply #15706 on: February 10, 2019, 04:30:38 pm »

B

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #15707 on: February 10, 2019, 05:00:29 pm »

You decide to keep it in the royal vault. Maybe it will cure your people of ill, maybe it will simply look lovely on the shelf - but you're keeping it.

1216 AD, Late Winter

The Treasurer drones about how the Scaling Tax has brought less profits to the Treasury than expected; it seems that your craftsmen aren't particularily wealthy and after the recent incident there's not much of aristocracy to pay extra taxation.

Still, money is money. Maybe in future decades this will change.

1216 AD, End of the Year

How does the Treasury fare after this year? The leaves sold nicely, the dig paid off, but the expenses aren't small and the mines in the north aren't working yet. On other hand, first profits from Scaling Tax were made...

You snap from your musings as the door creaks - as expected of him, the Advisor walks in, his hands occupied by Scrolls of Kingdom Status.

5to6*, 1to4(1to4), 3to6

Happiness: 6
Population: 8
Economy: 5
Army: 11!
Imp.Authority: +1

"Your Majesty, the state of affairs of the Empire are as follows; the authority of the throne has been strengthened by prosperity of the land and influence of the council and the Crown."

"As expected, the dig, the trade of horses and Scaling Tax brought some nice money. The overseers of Vaults also report that initial profits from their operations were good. Coupled with wealth gained from the Meric's tomb, our Treasury has moderate reserves of cash at the moment."

"The Marshal proudly reports that the Imperial Army is at its maximum capacity and efficiency. He and his commanders both clamor for the prowess and strength of Methiant to be tested! It's been ages since last war for profit, they say, and whilst they love their usual guard duties and protection of internal stability in the Empire, the men have this itch that can be only scratched by properly organized battling outside Methiantese borders."

A) "But Methiant is friend to all living beings! We can't go to war simply because our soldiers are bored!"
B) "A perfect opportunity to settle some family grudges with the Kingdom of Eldrican!"
C) "Emperor Mahjar Sim is old and probably does not expect an attack! Time to grab some Gubtan riches!"
D) "Lametania has too close ties to the south, and we ought to change that!"
E) "We will ride against Kingdom of Helliste, as to expand north and seize the coastline!"
F) "Kingdom of Rucus seems to be a link between south and north - let's break that link apart!"

"Besides matters of war, there's also matters of Imperial administration. Do you wish to issue an Edict?"

A) "Sure, I'm always eager to stamp some papers!"
B) "Nah, I think I've issued everything I wanted so far."

The Advisor brings the royal map for your review, but with few quick glances you can see that nothing has changed.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 01:04:44 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15708 on: February 10, 2019, 05:09:10 pm »

The current political situation is actually very pressurized. I would not be opposed to war, but I would like if we could force someone else to declare on us instead of the other way around.

We need to make sure our allies will support us if everything starts to snowball out of control.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Hotfire90

« Reply #15709 on: February 10, 2019, 05:19:30 pm »

AA Still waiting for Eldrican to invade, I think they gave up on their invasion plans at this point.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15710 on: February 10, 2019, 05:25:29 pm »

A

A

No need to over spend but maybe there is something new.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15711 on: February 10, 2019, 05:57:09 pm »

AA

Come on you Eldrican losers, start your crusade already!

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15712 on: February 10, 2019, 06:11:57 pm »

A B

Tempting as it is to war Eldrican, I'd rather wait a few more years until the lands in the south are busy against Gubta as we expect.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15713 on: February 10, 2019, 06:21:07 pm »

A B

Tempting as it is to war Eldrican, I'd rather wait a few more years until the lands in the south are busy against Gubta as we expect.

This 100%. Lets let Sim make the first move. If Rucus/Lamentia send troops away to help their neighbors against the Gubtans, we can attack Eldrican without having to fear their allies attacking us.

AB

---

Also Haspen, did we start repaying our loan to the dwarves this year? Also, did anything ever come out of our attempts to investigate the death of the last King of Helliste?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15714 on: February 10, 2019, 06:38:17 pm »

The report on king of Helliste was no foul play and a polite thank you from our aunt for indulging her. Edit: include link
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 06:41:56 pm by mightymushroom »

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15715 on: February 10, 2019, 06:38:25 pm »

EA, It’s time we expand, and I think we should have freedom of religion return.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15716 on: February 10, 2019, 06:41:29 pm »

AA

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15717 on: February 10, 2019, 06:47:00 pm »

Also, maybe we should have a edict that declares regions in which one culture or another is accepted, and use said Artists we stop supporting to compile the grammer and vocabulary of a standard Luathbasian language to make our official one (aka one used between regions). That way we maintain cultural diversity qithout sacrificing national unity, and cement our status as a Commonwealth and successor to old Lauthbas.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #15718 on: February 10, 2019, 06:58:58 pm »

It might not be a terrible idea to organize some international military exercises. Surely we have neighbors that would be amenable to such.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15719 on: February 10, 2019, 07:09:00 pm »

The report on king of Helliste was no foul play and a polite thank you from our aunt for indulging her. Edit: include link

Huh. One of those blink and you miss it deals.
Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 1087