Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29

Author Topic: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) The Kraken  (Read 26145 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (Anyone Can Join!!) Fight a Minotaur!
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 12:37:55 pm »

Spoiler: Adbul (click to show/hide)

Appear through the gate

Fire MAGEBEAM at Minotaur HEAD
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 01:03:46 pm »

Concentrate.
Shoot at his left leg.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 03:15:02 pm »

Turn 3

In the orientation room, two old souls felt brave enough to get equipped and enter the portal. The one called "Young Johnny" spoke a proverb before entering, "t'is better to die in battle than to die in a bed. To Glory!" While the one called "Abdul" simply muttered under his breath "the end is nigh" They both appeared in the fray, and started fighting. Abdul was particularly facinated with the sand elemental Saraket, while Johnny looked down at the dead child, and was saddened, but not disheartened.

Attacks

Adventurers:

Saraket:
NCA: Move to sniping postition (3)
You try again to mount the pile of loose gravel, and this time, make it about halfway up. Not high enough to get a significant advantage, but at least it's something.
CA: Fire arrow at right leg (3)
You fire another arrow at the right leg. You were aiming for the large wound Sally put in the Minotaur's upper leg, but you miss it slightly. The arrow embedds itself slightly lower, into the muscle, but it seems that was enough to immobalize the Minotaur. It tried to take a step towards you, but limped onto it's good leg. It roared in frustration.
30 damage to right leg. Minotaur's right leg is destroyed.

Young Johnny:
NCA: Get closer to the Minotaur (4)
You casually walk up to the Minotaur. You are within striking distance.
CA: fast strike on right leg (3)
With all of your limited strength, you spin in a half-circle, letting centrifugal force pull the sword up and strike the Minotaur in his left leg. The sword cuts into the meat, but it is a shallow wound, with little penetration. Blood seeps down the Minotaurs Left leg, and he struggles to retain his balance.
25 damage to left leg

Werther:
NCA: Get up and approach the Minotaur (6-1=6)
You get up, open your frill, and perform a theatrical roar that you had practiced all your life. You slowly walk up to the Minotaur, curving your body in a dramatic fashion like you were trained. All eyes turn on you and the Minotaur, as you build the suspense with your approach. When you get within range of the Minotaur, you prepare to do your attack, expecting the crowd to go wild, but the Minotaur was done with your shit. Right when you get in range, he attacks.
Free attack: swipes (6+1=6)
The Minotaur swipes his left arm across your face, tossing your whole body to the side. A cloud of red mist forms where your head used to be. The side of your head where the impact occurred was mangled into an unrecognizable glob of red with blood pouring down your neck and streaming off of your arm. The pain hits you harder than the Minotaur's arm did, but your animal instincts spring into action, as you instinctively get up and attack the Minotaur right back.
122 damage to Werther
Free attack: quick bite on left arm (5-1=4)
You latch on to the arm that whacked you, and shake it violently until your mouth fills with so much blood that you have to let go. The Minotaur roars in pain, and looks at his left arm concernedly. The arm was dripping blood, but still functioning.
50 damage to Left arm
CA: kick left arm (3+1-1=3)
After the first wave of pain passes, you try again to go for a cerimonial kill. Using your short arms, you slash the Minotaurs right arm, leaving a long scratch on the upper arm. More blood comes seeping out of the scratches, but it is not nearly as threatening of a wound as your bite was.
15 damage to left arm

Burklaif:
NCA: Concentrate (4)
Your mind was all over the place. Every rock looked like a ball, and every piece of mining equipment looked like a frisbee. But you force yourself to concentrate on the matter at hand, and your mind focuses immediately.
+1 to your next attack
CA: Shoot at left leg (3+1=4)
You lay down on your back, put the bow in your back paws, and the bowstring in your mouth. With your front paws, you notch the arrow on the string. You pull back your head, putting tension in the bow, aim with your back legs, and open your mouth to fire. The arrow flies true, and sticks into the left kneecap of the Minotaur. The Minotaur stumbles, looks for where the arrow came from, but can't see you in the shadows.
60 damage to left leg

Abdul:
NCA: walk through the portal (5)
You don't just walk through the portal, you summon lightning, fire, and wind as a backdrop to your entrance into the battlefield. As you enter, you shout "THE END IS NEAR!" The effect is incredibly impressive.
CA: Magic beam at head (6-1=6)
You aim a lightning bolt at the Minotaur head, and the bolt hits dead center. The Minotaur freezes in place for a moment as the electricity paralyzes it, but as soon as it is able to move, it grabs a rock and throws it at you.
100 damage to head
Level up!

Free attack: Throw rock (3-1=2)
You see the boulder arcing through the air, and wisely step aside. The rock smashes next to you, breaking into several pieces which continue to bounce and roll along the ground. The Minotaur looks annoyed that it missed you.

Minotaur:

NCA: none
CA: Throw rock at Abdul (3+1-1=3)
The Minotaur tries again to hit Abdul, and this time, Abdul was distracted watching the fragments of the last boulder. However, the Minotaur's arm injuries meant that it was a glancing blow. Abdul was only hit by the fragments of the boulder, not the boulder itself
30 damage to Abdul

Minotaur

Status

Head HP: 200/300 (armored) (too high for adjacent attacks unless both legs are destroyed)
Body HP: 500/500 (armored)
Right arm HP: 150/150
Left arm HP: 85/150
Right Leg HP: 0/200
Left Leg HP: 115/200

Immobalized
To Kill: Reduce Body or Head HP to 0.

Attacks
Spoiler: attacks (click to show/hide)

Adventurers

Alive: Saraket, Werther, Burklaif

Dead: Sally
Spoiler: alive character sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dead character sheets (click to show/hide)

Turn Template

Either fill in this template, or submit your turn using your own methods. Just make sure all the information is present.

Spoiler: turn template (click to show/hide)

Refrences:

Spoiler: Warrior attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: archer attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mage attacks (click to show/hide)

OOC notes

I will generally update whenever I feel like it. Anybody who hasn't submitted an action will just do nothing. The monster won't attack them because they did no damage.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 03:34:57 pm »

Abdul
Non-Combat action: Channel inner drunken-insanity for POWER!
Attack: MAGIC BEAM
Target: [[Minotaur: Head]]
Role Playing: Newt. Whelk. Sarsaparilla. Brown. Cement. Tilt. Axiom.

((Sorry, the phrasing 'optional words' really tickled me in the description of role playing.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 03:56:42 pm »

Young Johnny
Keep engaging the Minotaur in glorious melee.
Heavy attack at Minotaur left arm.
"insolent kid in my days we always started killing the old warriors first"

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 04:05:47 pm »

Werther

Prey resists. Why no cheering? Self is wounded. Prey needs arms to fight. Rip arms.

Noncombat action:None.

Attack the left arm if someone hits it but doesn't destroy it. Light Attack or Kick depending on the minimum required to finish the limb. If nobody hits the left arm or it is destroyed, Light Attack the right arm.

Great description of the dilophosaur attack, Origamiscienceguy.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 08:51:25 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 04:47:27 pm »

Saraket
Screw it, position is fine. Take the time to focus my shot well.
Demolish that left arm.

"Thanks for the 'ssist, Johnny, but i's time t' let the rangahs play!"

geeettttttt
dunked on!!!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 09:07:36 pm »

Turn 4

Nobody new wanted to join the battle. I suppose they were all content to let the two old men, little girl, sand-thingy, dinosaur, and dog take care of it. But on the battlefield, things were far from peaceful.

Attacks

Adventurers:

Saraket:
NCA: focus shot (1)
You try to tune out all thoughts other than the shot you were attempting. However, just as you were about to fire, a stupid pop song that everybody has been singing recently came into your head. The non-existant "music" was driving you mad!
-1 to next attack
CA: Fire arrow at left arm (5-1=4)
You draw your bow once again, and despite the distracting amplified screaming in your head, you manage to place this shot better than the others. The arrow lands straight into the wound Werther created with his teeth. The Minotaur clutches the wound with his right arm. There were now a total of 4 arrow shafts sticking out of the Minotaur's limbs. While each individual shots were not crippling, the constant damage was having a detrimental affect on the Minotaur.
60 damage to left arm
Level up!

Young Johnny:
CA: Heavy strike on Left arm (5-1=4)
While the Minotaur was trying to locate the source of all the arrows that kept peppering him, you bring your sword as high as your arms can reach, then with the help of gravity, you let the sword fall edge-first into the Minotaur's bicep. As it falls, you say in a soft, but firm voice, "Evil creature. Killing the innocent children." The sword clangs against the humerus, and bounces out. The Left arm goes completely limp. The Minotaur roars, but this time, you detect a tinge of fear rather than rage.
80 damage to left arm. Left arm is destroyed

Werther:
CA: Quick bite right arm (5)
Your blood was beginning to form a puddle underneath you, and it mixed with the existing puddle of the Minotaur's blood. Your blood was slightly lighter in shade, causing swirls of red to form where the two puddles flowed into each other. However, you did not notice this, nor did you notice the pain in both sides of your head anymore. Your whole goal was to please the crowd, so that your master would feed you prime meat. You notice that the arm that originally wounded you showed no signs of life, so you targeted the other one. You snake your neck in a spiral motion, like a cobra, then strike the arm, biting hard, then releasing. New blood flows into the mixing pools causing a kaleidoscope effect of swirls and patterns.
100 damage to right arm
Level up!

Abdul:
NCA: Channel Drunken Insanity (4)
You take a swig of... something... from your hip flask. You get a warm and fuzzy feeling all around your body. however, you are used to this, and you think that it actually helps your magic arts. If it does, it is only a minimal effect.
CA: Magic beam at head (1-1=1)
You target the Minotaur's head once again, and unleash a beam of fire energy. The Minotaur sees this, and ducks, allowing the fire beam to crash and explode upon the plateau wall, sending sparks in every direction. It was a fascinating spectacle, but did no damage. The Minotaur tries to throw a rock at you, but with only one working arm, he fumbles with the heavy stone, before giving up.

Minotaur:

CA: Swipe at Werther(3+1=4)
With only one functioning limb, the Minotaur angrily swipes at Werther a third time. The strike connects with Werther's face once again. Just like last time, the hit creates 3 parallel scratches stretching from Werther's neck to his snout. The new scratches criss-cross with the old ones, adding to the bloody spectacle on Werther's face, and adding a new layer to the work of art that the blood between these two beasts was creating.
56 damage to Werther

Minotaur

Status

Head HP: 200/300 (armored) (too high for adjacent attacks unless both legs are destroyed)
Body HP: 500/500 (armored)
Right arm HP: 50/150
Left arm HP: 0/150
Left Leg HP: 115/200

Immobalized

Attacks

Adventurers

Alive: Saraket, Werther, Burklaif, Abdul, Young Johnny

Turn Template

Either fill in this template, or submit your turn using your own methods. Just make sure all the information is present.

Refrences:

OOC notes

I'm making a change, Leveling up no longer makes attacks more powerful. It just fully heals, and increases maximum HP. It would be hell for me to calculate, and it would ruin the balance of the game. Levels are still useful though, after a fight, you can use loot to buy new attacks, but a certain level will be required. (Not quite figured out how loot works, I'll get back to you on that.)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2017, 09:10:33 pm »

Saraket
Ok, it is literally incapable of attacking any of us from range. Johnny, you can take a rest.
Make that right arm stop being any variety of problem by way of an arrow.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2017, 09:20:57 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Ensuring I remain at a safe distance, fire an arrow shot at the monster once I arrive on the field of battle.       
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2017, 09:23:48 pm »

Werther

Ssssss...Wrhr hr hr hr...

Combat:If somebody finishes off the right arm and nobody stops me, pounce on the minotaur and finish it off with a string of Kick attacks to the torso. If nobody gets the arm, tear it off with a Heavy Attack.

Noncombat:Boost team morale with the gory display after incapacitating the minotaur.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 01:41:26 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2017, 09:46:44 pm »

Abdul
Non-Combat action: Draw Bizarre symbols in the air for POWER!
Attack: MAGIC BEAM
Target: [[Minotaur: Head]]
Master. Cranium. Valor. Jello. Badger. Goth. Worcester.
---

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2017, 09:53:28 pm »

young Johnny
Move behind the Minotaur.
Heavy Strike at surviving leg.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2017, 02:05:55 am »

Burklaif O'Labrador
Non-combat: Stay hidden.
Combat: If Johnny misses the leg, shoot at it. If Johnny succeeds at destroying the remaining leg, then draw the bowstring as hard as I can, and then shoot at minotaur's spine.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2017, 03:18:59 pm »

Turn 4

In the orientation room, one man was seen busy looking around. "maybe they are in here..." Jhoferi said, while looking at the portal. He quickly grabbed a bow and a couple arrows, then teleported into the battlefield. He looked desperately for onion rings, but to his dismay, there were none around. Perhaps they were in the break room the introduction guy was hiding in...

Attacks

Adventurers:

Saraket:
NCA: None
CA: Fire arrow at right arm (6)
You noticed the Minotaur beating the dinosaur into a bloody pulp, and decide to stop him. You notch two arrows onto your bowstring, draw back as far as your arms can go, inhale, exhale, aim, and fire. The two arrows orbit each other as they fly towards the Minotaur, and they both strike the inside side of the elbow 2 inches apart. The force of the two arrows tosses the Minotaur's lower arm to flex up, before it falls down, limp.
120 damage to left arm
Left arm Destroyed

Free attack: War bellow (6)
The Minotaur moves his left arm towards a boulder, but his lower arm just dangles and flails. The Minotaur tries to charge at you, but nearly falls over after putting weight on his right leg. In fear and frustration, he lets out the loudest roar yet. Even though you know it is incapacitated, you can't help but be scared for your life when you realize that you pissed off the thing that made that sound...
-1 to everybody's next turn actions.

Young Johnny:
NCA: move behind the Minotaur (6)
You scurry around the Minotaur's bloody pool of blood, and come op behind him. He notices you, but is literally incapable of doing anything about it. He Roars yet again, but he can't make you any more scared than you already are.
CA: Heavy strike on Left leg (5-1=4)
From behind, you repeat your last action, raising the sword above your head, and letting it fall straight into the Minotaur's ass. The sword cuts through the glutes, and skids off the pelvis, before stopping deep in his upper leg. Blood sprays out of the wound, runs down your sword, and stains your hand, but you don't care. All you care is that you are avenging the death of the young Sally. "Take that you fiend!"
80 damage to left leg.
Level up!

Werther:
NCA: Pounce on the Minotaur, perform particularly gruesome attack (5)
You  jump onto the body of the Minotaur, and clamp onto it's left horn with your mouth. Your legs find purchase in the massive gash that Sally opened up before dying. The Minotaur struggles under your additional weight on one wounded leg, all the while Johnny was pulling his sword out of the Minotaur's ass. The Minotaur roars straight into your face, but blood from your head falls straight down his throat, causing him to gargle, and cough profusely. You were primed for a spectacular kill.
+1 to everybody's attacks next turn if Werther's attack hits
CA: Kick the torso (5+1=5)
Your arms slash twice each into the center of his chest. Your claws scrape against the hard, metal armor, but as you scratch, you find a gap, and tear open a sizable gash in the metal plates. You then rappidly dig your arms into the chest of the Minotaur, scraping a hole through skin and muscle. The Minotaur, shakes his head, and you loose your grip and fall off, but the damage was already done. A red crater was visible in the center of his chest, with blood dripping down his armor.
48 damage to body

Abdul:
NCA: Make symbols in the air (3)
You produce random letters in your arabic alphabet. To everybody else, they look fanciful, but you are just doing it because you feel like it. They don't actually do anything to help or hurt you.
CA: Magic beam at head (3-1=2)
You target the Minotaur's head a third time, and you launch an pillar of ice at the Minotaur's head. But today must have been an off day, because you miss again. The ice hits the red-hot rocks that you hit with fire earlier. The result is a lot of steam, and a small river of water flowing down into the mine. Hopefully nobody was still down there...

Burklaif:
CA: shoot left leg (4)
You repeat your shooting procedure, thankful that nobody around could see you in your pitch-black hiding spot. You are fine with people coddling you most of the time, but during a battle, you are thankful for the isolation. The arrow sails along a perfect arc, and hits in exactly the same spot as Saraket's arrow did earlier, the knee. However, your shot had enough force to shatter through the kneecap, and tear a few ligaments. Immediately, the Minotaur lets out a gruff, the falls on his ass. His legs crumple under the weight of his upper body, and he splashes his pool of blood onto Werther and Johnny. At this point, the Minotaur knew he was about to die, and the severe blood loss
meant he couldn't even keep up with his constant roaring. The end is nigh...
60 damage to left leg, left leg is destroyed
Level up!

Jhoferi:
NCA: None
CA: Fire arrow at Minotaur (head?) (4)
You draw back an arrow, imagining that the arrow, hoping that the shot would open the hairy pinata in front of you. "There must be onion rings inside that Pinata," you thought. The arrow sails across the battlefield, and strikes the Minotaur in the upper neck, sending a stream of high-pressure blood squeezing into the ground to join the rest. His head starts to droop, but not because of your shot...
48 damage to head

Minotaur:

NCA: black out
CA: none

Minotaur

Status

Head HP: 152/300 (armored) (in range of adjacent attacks!)
Body HP: 452/500 (armored)
Right arm HP: 0/150
Left arm HP: 0/150
Left Leg HP: 0/200

Immobalized

Attacks

Adventurers

Alive: Saraket, Werther, Burklaif, Abdul, Young Johnny, Jhoferi

Turn Template

Refrences:

OOC notes

I figured out how loot will work. You can read it in the updated OP (give me a few minutes after this post goes up) There will be a store in the hub where you can spend loot to buy new attacks, or miscellaneous items (like onion rings).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29