Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29

Author Topic: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) The Kraken  (Read 26099 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (Anyone Can Join!!) Fight a Minotaur!
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2017, 02:26:33 pm »

Wait! If I spend all my loot, does that mean I'll lose my minotaur's femur? If so, then Burklaif takes only 2 dog treats, leaving only 10 loot.

Good Night.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2017, 02:49:39 pm »

Let's say the shopkeep sucks all the marrow out, but leaves you the bone  :P
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2017, 04:12:24 pm »

Once you're immobile, you're getting dunked on, no bones about it.
I'm terrible

It's not your fault, you're a sans elemental.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2017, 04:36:07 pm »

Once you're immobile, you're getting dunked on, no bones about it.
I'm terrible

It's not your fault, you're a sans elemental.
:'( I don't even play the game, I just read the TvTropes page and the fanfics they recommend, and now I wouldn't even be able to play the game properly because I look at all the spoilers :'(
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2017, 06:46:45 pm »

Whelp, I work on an update for half an hour, go to eat dinner, come back, and windows ten is updating. Computer restarts without any input from me, and all my progress is lost.

It'll be a bit before I get the next update out.

edit: thank goodness, google chrome had it saved. Next update should be out soon.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2017, 07:03:57 pm »

Whelp, I work on an update for half an hour, go to eat dinner, come back, and windows ten is updating. Computer restarts without any input from me, and all my progress is lost.

It'll be a bit before I get the next update out.

edit: thank goodness, google chrome had it saved. Next update should be out soon.

I've had that happen to me a couple times and wipe the post, so I save the updates to Notepad periodically. The same file is also useful for tracking story details.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2017, 10:18:44 pm »

Turn 7

There was some commotion at the shop when Burklaif didn't want to give up the huge femur he was chewing. The shopkeeper was trying to reason with him. "I just need it for a little bit. I'm gonna extract the marrow, then give it back to you. Those alchemists only want the marrow, not the whole bone." After a bit more reasoning, and Johnny tossing Burklaif a treat, Burklaif gave up his trophy. The shopkeep worked quickly to extract the bone marrow, put the red goop in a bowl, then returned the empty bone back to Burklaif, along with two extra dog treats. In addition to the dog treat, Young Johnny bought some onion rings for the quiet archer guy (Johnny figured he wanted onion rings by process of elimination. Unless he was really into fit old people,) and a hunk of dripping raw, prime meat. Johnny also bought the elderly workout magazine, and began shuffling through the pages.

Saraket was not interested in anything the store had to offer, but he did start asking existential questions to someone (presumably his god) regarding the balance of the world and whatnot. He did ask the Shopkeep to bring some hats next time. After gulping down the prime meat from Johnny, Werther tossed the Minotaur skull on the table, and  let out a slightly threatning roar. The shopkeep grew sweaty, and quickly tossed two pounds of meat into the air. Werther skillfully caught both of them in his mouth. Blood and fat dripped out of his open left cheek, but ceased after the meat vanished down his throat. While this place was strange, it seemed to operate in the same manner as Werther was familiar with.

Abdul ignored the store completely, and continued talking with the cleric. In exchange for his Minotaur horn, the cleric taught him some basic healing spells. To test it, Abdul stabbed himself, then healed it. The cleric was flabbergasted, and left the room holding his mouth. The other one, Jhoferi, remained silent, bought nothing (though he did enjoy the onion ring Johnny bought for him). It seems he was saving his teeth for a later sale.

Saraket, Johnny, and Burklaif, walked over to the sargent. Werther followed them, curiously. The sargent spent some time with each one of them, teaching them some tips for archery. For Saraket and Burklaif, he taught them how to roll to the side to avoid incoming attacks. He had them practicing quickly rolling to the right and left while he talked to Johnny, explaining the form of quickly striking a foe with the pommel of their sword. Werther watched intently, mimicking the effect by whipping his tail on the training dummy. The Sargent was frightened out of his wits when he saw a dinosaur tail decapitate his training dummy, and he crouched behind his shield. Werther noticed this as well, and figured that crouching down low would make himself harder to injure.

With all this going on, the introduction guy spoke again. "It seems that our sages are sending a new task to us. I made sure to tell them that you guys can handle tougher..."

-awkward pause as he turns his back to you-

"Can you repeat that?"

-another pause-

"Are you serious!? There's no way they can handle... Oh, it's just a baby. Ok, great."

-he turns back to you-

"It seems a baby dragon had a tantrum and destroyed a fishing village. All the villagers are dead, so you shouldn't have to worry about collateral damage. The count said he just wants the thing dead at all costs. The portal should open any second. Well, see you guys. I'm off to get lunch."

The old portal closes, than another one opens. This time, it is green in color. All the cowards watch in fear, thinking a dragon would fly in, but the veterans line up and charge right in.

The landscape could not be any different from the last one. Instead of a dry, rocky field, this place was filled with wooden bridges over a still lake. The ashen remains of the houses and buildings were clusetered on the shore, but the docks and boats seemed to have survived. The dragon was clearly visible in the cloudy sky, chasing down some escaped livestock. It didn't notice your group had arrived.

The dragon itself was huge, each leg was the size of the Minotaur you just fought, ending in massive, three-clawed feet. It had two massive wings keeping it aloft effortlessly on the afternoon breeze. It had a long, snaky tail that twitched every which way to change the balance of the dragon in the air. It's long neck gave it's head freedom to move independently of it's body. And the head was in simple terms, terrifying. The dragon had its mouth open at the moment, exposing the dozens of fearsome, serrated teeth. It had two long horns arcing backwards over it's neck and small spurts of fire were seen coming out of its mouth. It's entire body was covered with glittering, hard red scales. If the legends are true, dragonscales are nearly impossible to pierce, but because this was a baby, it might not be so defensive. There were, however, no scales along it's belly, and wings. So perhaps it would be easier to harm it there. Regardess, it was obvious that this was going to be a lot more difficult than the largely stationary Minotaur.

Attacks

adventurers:

none

Dragon

none

Dragon

Status

Currently Flying.

Head HP: 600/600 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks) (out of range unless 3/4 legs are destroyed)
Body HP: 1000/1000 (large scales: -50 to ranged attacks, -20 to adjacent attacks)
Tail HP: 500/500 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Front Right Leg: 350/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Front Left Leg: 350/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Back Right Leg: 350/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Back Left Leg: 350/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Left Wing: 150/150 (out of range unless 3/4 legs are destroyed)
Right Wing: 150/150 (out of range unless 3/4 legs are destroyed)

To permenantly ground: destroy one of the three: right wing, left wing, tail.
To immobalize: destroy 2/4 legs
To kill: destroy body or head.

Possible Status effects

Immobilized: If the dragon immobilizes you, you can no longer perform NCAs until you are dropped. You can still attack, but only the body part(s) that are immobilizing you. And your attacks have a -1 modifier.

Fire: If the dragon sets you on fire, you will take 10 damage per turn, and your attacks will have a -1 modifier. To remove the fire, perform a relevant NCA (like jumping in the lake, or rolling on the ground)

Spoiler: attacks and skills (click to show/hide)

Adventurers

Alive: Saraket, Werther, Burklaif, Abdul, Young Johnny, Jhoferi

Dead: Sally
Spoiler: alive character sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dead character sheets (click to show/hide)

Turn Template

Either fill in this template, or submit your turn using your own methods. Just make sure all the information is present.

Spoiler: turn template. (click to show/hide)

Refrences:

Spoiler: Warrior attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: archer attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mage attacks (click to show/hide)

OOC notes

Wow, this update took a lot of work. I hope that the Dragon isn't too powerful. I guess we'll see. Make sure you coordinate what body part you are attacking. Remember, the dragon can do all of its attacks in the air and on the ground.

I updated the References section of this turn to include the new abilities some people learned for your convenience and for mine.

Abdul's heal attack will grant exp and loot for every HP point he heals, just like attacking. It can also heal double, or half depending on the roll, just like a normal attack.

If you have any questions about anything, just ask.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 10:33:38 pm by origamiscienceguy »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2017, 10:23:44 pm »

...Get the hell out of that beast's way, and get behind cover so that it can't shoot fire at me. (Quick reflexes!)
Start shooting holes through its left wing.

"That's a baby?!?!?!"
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 10:14:41 am by Glass »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2017, 10:31:45 pm »

Also, the dragon is currently flying right now. I think I forgot to mention that anywhere.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2017, 10:38:52 pm »

Werther

Noncombat:Take cover to ambush the creature when it lands.

Combat:Guard.

(Shouldn't Abdul and I be healed?)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 01:11:57 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2017, 01:22:09 am »

Burklaif
Non-Combat: Hide in the corner of some stone building.
Combat: Aim for the left wing. If I can't reach it, then fire at the body.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2017, 05:15:18 am »

Young Johnny
Search for the highest place around and hide there.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2017, 12:04:02 pm »

ABDUL

NCA: Scream about the Dragon being a portent of the end times, as was the fact that he didn't get the onion rings or fake scrolls he asked for!

CA: MAGIC BOLT, Dragon Head!

Lettuce. Goldfinch. Margrave. Breast. Shadow. Monday. Glass.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2017, 01:20:28 pm »

Glass.
What do I have to do with this?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2017, 02:00:29 pm »

Turn 8

All the adventurers scrambled for cover at the sight of the Dragon. If this was a baby, nobody wanted to know what a fully grown dragon looked like. The dragon had it's back to the group at the moment, but it was still terrifying to see it swoop down and grab a goat in its mouth. The goat tossed its legs and head to no avail. The Dragon's teeth had grappled deep into its body. Within a few moments, the goat stopped moving, and the dragon dropped it. The Dragon wasn't hungry, it was just playing with its victims. It had to be stopped.

Attacks

adventurers:

Saraket:
NCA: Get behind cover (quick reflexes, as with all skills, are combat actions. This goes for the monster as well) (4)
You crouch behind a stone pillar that used to be the corner of a building. The stone would provide decent protection from the Dragon's fire breath.
-1 to all ranged attacks against you while in this location.
CA: Shoot left wing (5)
You step out of cover with your bow already drawn and an arrow nocked. The dragon still had not noticed you, or anyone else. You ain for the base of its wing, where the wing meets the body, and fire. The arrow flies true, and sticks itself firmly into the base of the wing, the muscle. The dragon lets out a very high-pitched scream. (An indication that it was in fact a baby) Before turning towards you. He sees you duck back behind the pillar. Every flap of his wing induces more agony in his muscles, and blood starts running down his wing and tossed into the air by the flapping motion.
120 damage to left wing

Werther:
NCA: Take cover and prepare to ambush (6)
Your eyes dart from building to building, looking for a place to ambush the Dragon from. You finally spot the perfect place, some collapsed rubble formed an overhang over a cellar entrance. It would be a perfect place to hide from projectiles. It would also make a sneak attack extremely easy. You scurry on over to the rubble and jump through a conveniently-sized gap. Unfortunately, you have such trouble turning around to face the hole again that you don't have time to practice your defense-crouching. But this was still a good area to be in.
-1 to ranged attacks against you while in this location, +1 to your next attack after leaving this location.
CA: none

Burklaif:
NCA: Take cover (6)
Just like last battle, you find a perfect location where the rubble perfectly reflects light such that a black hole is formed. You scurry your small body into the location, but have trouble adjusting to the pitch black. You would think that after last time, this wouldn't have been a problem, but perhaps no mortal being was meant to live in such darkness. You don't have time to draw your bow.
-1 to all attacks against you while in this location.

Young Johnny:
NCA: Find a high location and hide (4)
The highest location that was still intact was the front wall of the church steeple. You climb up the worn, blackened stone wall, and make it to the bell tower. There are 6 copper bells in here, covered in soot, but you crawl underneath one of them for some good cover.
-1 to ranged attacks against you

Abdul:
NCA: Scream (6)
You scream your head off about the dragon being a sign for the end of times. You also note how you wanted onion rings and useless scrolls, but didn't get them. Suddenly, the onion rings and scrolls appear in your pocket, it seems it must have been an honest mistake. You munch on an onion ring while still blabbering nonsense. Your screaming did make you feel better, but the dragon didn't seem to understand any of it, and it just shoots some fire at you.
+1 to your next attack
Free attack: Fire breath (3)
The Dragon opens its mouth, and a stream of flames come at you. You scream (this time, out of fear) and fall flat on the ground. The flames fly over your head, singing your hair, and setting your clothes aflame. You get back up, not realizing you were on fire.
40 damage to Abdul. Abdul is on fire
CA: Magic bolt to head (1+1=1)
You fire a bolt of ice magic at the Dragon, but with a quick dive and recover, the bolt flies wide. The dragon comes at you full speed, and tries to bite you.
Free attack: Bite (2)
However, the Dragon's teeth miss you by mere inches. It seems Saraket's arrow in the Dragon's wing was making it difficult to fly. You barely escaped.

Dragon

NCA: fly to Saraket's location (1)
The dragon flies to the Pillar he saw Saraket disappear behind, but his wounded wing causes him to crash into a building on the way. He tumbles into the ground. He is also too far away to attack Saraket with his body.
The Dragon is no longer flying
CA: Smoke screen (1)
The dragon tries to release smoke out of his nose to blanket the battlefield, but a gust of wind picks up and funnels all the smoke upwards and out of the way.

Dragon

Status

Currently on the ground.

Head HP: 600/600 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks) (out of range unless 3/4 legs are destroyed)
Body HP: 1000/1000 (large scales: -50 to ranged attacks, -20 to adjacent attacks)
Tail HP: 500/500 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Front Right Leg: 350/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Front Left Leg: 350/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Back Right Leg: 350/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Back Left Leg: 350/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Left Wing: 30/150 (out of range unless 3/4 legs are destroyed)
Right Wing: 150/150 (out of range unless 3/4 legs are destroyed)

To permenantly ground: destroy one of the three: right wing, left wing, tail.
To immobalize: destroy 2/4 legs
To kill: destroy body or head.

Possible Status effects

Immobilized: If the dragon immobilizes you, you can no longer perform NCAs until you are dropped. You can still attack, but only the body part(s) that are immobilizing you. And your attacks have a -1 modifier.

Fire: If the dragon sets you on fire, you will take 10 damage per turn, and your attacks will have a -1 modifier. To remove the fire, perform a relevant NCA (like jumping in the lake, or rolling on the ground)

Spoiler: attacks and skills (click to show/hide)

Adventurers

Alive: Saraket, Werther, Burklaif, Abdul, Young Johnny, Jhoferi

Dead: Sally
Spoiler: alive character sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dead character sheets (click to show/hide)

Turn Template

Either fill in this template, or submit your turn using your own methods. Just make sure all the information is present.

Spoiler: turn template. (click to show/hide)

Refrences:

Spoiler: Warrior attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: archer attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mage attacks (click to show/hide)

OOC notes

Thanks for telling me of any mistakes. With so much stuff to keep track of, it's bound to happen. Tell me if you see any more.

Everybody had pretty shitty luck this turn (except Saraket). I thought that was funny.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29