Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Lowlife, a Shadowrun RTD Mission 0: The Park Job (Sign ups still open)  (Read 10229 times)

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lowlife, a Shadowrun RTD Mission 0: The Park Job (Sign ups still open)
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2017, 08:46:33 am »

You spend a few moments to break out the good old dustpan and broom before sweeping away the jagged remains of your television's screen..presumably while humming the tune of a common and popular song as you continue to try and seem like a normal and unnoticeable worker.
After cleaning up the place a bit more you stealthily hide your semi legal weaponry in their proper resting place before switching off the lights and finally closing your eyes.

You would wake up the next day at exactly 6:00 AM in the morning, with your usual routine and a possible payday to look forward to.

Jack Frost
(7)
Despite being an extremely noticeable Elf with a suspicious looking bag of equipment you somehow manage to sneak into another building's roof. This particular building has multiple exits present in the south and east sides of the building, and is conveniently located far away enough from the park to at least give you a running head start before everything inevitably goes wrong and people start shooting at you and your teammates.

Dorf101
Rather unfortunately you do not manage to make your beard any more glorious, as it has become a complete and utter impossibility by this point in your caree...maybe if you had some fancier beard waxes and a better razor?.
(8)
It is quite easy for a man of your talents to find a shadowrun that involves killing someone, but the hard part was finding a job that didn't seem like it would have some insane twist to it that will ruin the chances of you getting any more work in the future.

You eventually settle for a rather simple wetworks job that your old acquaintance "Mr. Gunderson" gave to you, as it turns out the man has a vested interest in keeping a certain run down tenements near the port of Seattle empty of "Undesirable elements"...which in this case turns out to be a very small gang called "The Chopos" who have started to squat in that building.

You are not really sure why Gunderson wants them all to die, but you are pretty sure that your time is definitely worth more than 400 nuyen, although you feel that he would be open to negotiation.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2017, 09:04:48 am »

"Mr. Gunderson,lets be clear on this,only 400 nuyen for clearing the whole building out of the Chopos is just not worth it for me,you would have to  add atleast another 200 nuyen"
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2017, 10:01:20 am »

Well... now, I guess, I wait for it to be time.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

DemICE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2017, 01:37:20 pm »

Heh. Your typical smug unhelpful Johnson. Oh well it was worth a try.

"That's elementary. We'd better move on to the mission-specific information i need to know so i can get the thing started.  ..ah and the financial part"

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2017, 12:31:47 pm »

Wake up, check for mail/messages, and take a shower, before eating breakfast.

Avanti!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2017, 11:14:06 pm »

« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 11:22:20 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2017, 11:55:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2017, 08:52:58 am »

((OOC: I sort of forgot that this existed sorry))
Dorf101
(12)
Mr. Gunderson seemed almost disturbingly happy when he shook Dorf101 up and down "You have got a deal! And don't worry...there are plenty of elves in there". After saying that the man rather suddenly decided to let go of Urist after picking him up, causing Urist's elbow to hit a nearby fork in a seemingly impossible way that ended up stabbing an Elf that is seated right across the room. Perhaps someone up there is smiling on you?

Jack Frost
You spend most of the night creating a stereotypical sniper's perch, and doing your best to stay comfortable and focused as you look at the stage and wait for your target to appear. Unsurprisingly enough you gave up and went home after it started to rain again at 2 AM. It might be a good idea to try and get back there and find your target....or maybe it is time to get some more information about them? I mean you did get the infodump you were supposed to pick up last night right?

After leaving the bathroom you would find a message from the television repairmen you called the other day plainly states that your repairman will finally arrive at 2 PM on the dot, which came as a bit of a relief, every respectable businessman has a television in their house after all, a working television that is.
You also receive a message from a number you don't recognize that simply states "Underneath the needle you will find a black duffel bag. The surprisingly small data module inside that contains valuable information that will help you with maiming a certain rat, also Good morning".

Aerumna
AIG leaned back on his seat a bit before saying "Three straight nights, for let's say....350 nuyen for each night, all you really have to do is to hack into the park's security systems and take control over all of the cameras on the first night, after that it's just twelve whole hours of watching really boring shit happen". The man seemed to consider something for a moment before he continued on to say "Oh don't worry i'll pay for your expenses, as long as you aren't just jerking me around and ordering authentic turkish coffee or some other fancy drek".

((OOC: For everyone else, if you have a sheet and I haven't gone on a rant about how terrible it is, you are probably fine and able to post an action))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2017, 08:56:11 am »

...could I please get a refresher on what I've gotten? It's been a while.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2017, 09:09:53 am »

I will be heading to The Chopos location
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2017, 02:01:13 am »

It would be most certainly prudent to see this side of the world, I dare say! I shall enter the nearest seedy bar and look for employment. Truly, an adventure is simply awaiting me and I just have to lunge at the call of destiny!

Spoiler: Status. (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2017, 02:30:31 am »

I go look for trouble. Oh, and putting up anti-corp posters
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

DemICE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2017, 03:20:53 pm »

Finally, relevant things were said.  He felt tempted to abuse said added expense coverage just to trigger Mr. Smugo's patience, but then again, he was considerate enough to provide that much.

"Sounds smooth enough. ...and beneficial too. Any specific date and time when I will have to take action?"

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2017, 07:49:16 am »

Glass
((OOC: In essence you know that in two days your target that is a female Dwarf keytarist wearing a vantablack trenchcoat will definitely be in the concert in two days, you are supposed to maim her, but not kill her.))

Dorf101
You made your way out of the bar just before a fight finally broke out. A tiny part of you started to wonder if Gunderson would be alright as you realized that his death would lead to you not getting paid. Those worries are soon out to rest however, by the sound of him throwing a person out of the bar, shouting "COME GET SOME IF YOU'RE HARD ENOUGH", it's almost comforting really.

The Dita Braun tenement building looked like it had seen much better days, indeed a lesser person would start to retch at the smell of rotten trash lingering over the building like a foul miasma. It seems that your only ways in are through the suspiciously open front door, or by sneaking in through one of the windows through parkour. You do know how to parkour... right?

Leech
Leech was presumably not thinking about how terrible of an idea this was when he confidently walked into the Skum Barr and looked for anyone who would be hiring...(8) He managed to find a respectable looking enough courier run from an old man. He said that he was willing to pay 250 nuyen, but only if they got a message from an...*acquaintance* about a certain package being succesfully delivered behind the Stuffer shack on 42th University Way.

Usagi
Looking for trouble in Seattle is just as easy as walking into the nearest shady looking alley. (5) This is why Usagi would be surprised to not find any after doing it for an entire hour. He continued to wander around the shadiest neighborhood he could reasonably be expected to walk to for a bit more, and after finally running out of anti mega corp posters he noticed just how hungry he actually was....it is a good thing that there is a Stuffer shack nearby isn't it?.

Aerumna
AIG looked at an old fashioned wristwatch he had on his left arm for a few moments before he finally said "Just start work tomorrow by 12:00 PM, and try to leave an easily accessible backdoor in their system, you won't be doing this alone.".

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2017, 08:09:09 am »

...two days. Ah. I sonehow thought this happened tonight or something. Whoops.

Have I read my infodump? If not, do so.

More marksmanship training, just like at the beginning!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9