Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Lowlife, a Shadowrun RTD Mission 0: The Park Job (Sign ups still open)  (Read 10298 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Lowlife, a Shadowrun RTD Mission 0: The Park Job
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2017, 02:37:55 pm »

"Sure thing, mister J. Null perspiration."
Wait with mister J until the other two arrive, take a sip of my drink in the meantime. Pay good attention to what he has to say.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2017, 11:13:19 am »

The drink felt cold in your hand as you vaguely orbited the Johnson for a while, and you heard the man say something about 2,000 Nuyen, a particular rat that needs exterminating, and a rather rude comment about the annoyance of that "rat". After a while you decide that the man is indeed the fixer who called you over, and after walking over to him, the man didn't seem to react for a moment, but he eventually spoke to the Troll with a conspiratorial tone to his voice "The exterminator has arrived it seems, he should probably take a seat now shouldn't he?".

Jack Frost
The fixer had a slight smile on his face after listening to Jack's compliment "I do hope that you were not being sarcastic, insulting your fixer never goes well now doesn't it? Heh, you may want to sit down for this next bit".

Muffin Man
Mr. Johnson spent an unfortunate amount of time talking to Muffin Man about nothing in particular lately, I mean sure in between conversations about his house down in Castor park he would say something about a "Rather loud problem that needs to be silenced", and something about "Hiring two other exterminators to help catch the rat", but eventually the man stops being so vague after some Blue Elf and a very bland looking man approached the table.
"Right, so let's get straight to business now shall we? There are some details about your target that I can divulge before we get in, just some tiny bits to see if this sounds like a job you would take. First things first your target is in fact a woman, a rather loud woman who has caused a bit of a scandal amidst the upper classes. Second of all, this job involves wounding this woman, but the client don't want you to kill her outright no, the client simply wants you to make sure that this woman is hurt in such a way that she would need medical attention, of course the client is...fine with the idea of her dying slowly in the hospital room. Now may I continue?".
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2017, 11:18:47 am »

"Sarcastic? Hardly. I'm sarcastic about a lot of things, but good headwear is never one of them." (note: this is 100% sincere, seriously)
"Anyway... sounds like a delicate operation. My kind of operation. Count me in."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 11:25:27 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2017, 03:46:52 pm »

Listen to what he has to say about the job.

Avanti!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2017, 09:42:49 am »

Muffin man nods, and stays quiet so Mr.J can continue.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2017, 08:22:13 am »

Literally everyone in the group
The fixer nods in response, and he made a show of pretending to look around for any potential spies and witnesses. After a while he shrugged before plopping down what is quite frankly nothing but a brick of miscellaneous technology with a single on and off switch, which he uses to turn the device on.

"This job is worth 2,000 nuyen, this amount is non negotiable and will be paid to you in full to an account or if you're feeling particularly mysterious and annoying accounts of your choice. It will happen in the middle of a concert, her first appearance in the oh so famous city of Seattle. She will be the only person daft enough to be in a vantablack trenchcoat. The concert will happen next week on a Tuesday in Castor Park, and the run is considered a failure if you have not injured here by then. There are three opportunities spread out over five days, I will send the files over to your commlinks after I hear you say the words 'What's the catch'. Because let's face it, I wouldn't consider hiring any of you if you weren't suspicious bastards".

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2017, 08:58:10 am »

I prefer the term "sarcastic bastard". But yes, what might our catch here be?

DemICE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2017, 11:04:29 am »

Spoiler: OC: Aerumna (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 11:11:20 am by DemICE »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2017, 04:07:48 pm »

"Ya says it will 'appen in the middle of da concert, but you also said there's oppertunities before that. SO which is it?

Also, where's da catch?"

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2017, 09:16:41 am »

Your fixer shifted his posture a bit as he cleared his throat. It took a while for the man to finish coughing and say "There are two opportunities before the chaotic and target rich mess that will be the concert, but they have their own share of problems, an apartment that is defended by a pair of heavily armed bodyguards who are annoyingly hard to put down, and a restaurant that is guarded by surly and elitist bouncers. Yes I know that they sound easier than the concert itself, but trust me, the concert is less likely to get you all bagged and tagged."
He stops talking for a moment and adjusts his collar a bit, before taking a swig from a small bottle of something nasty he hid underneath the table. His tone changes a bit, he seemed to be serious when he said "There isn't one, the victim needs to be shot in a public place to make sure she survives yes, but if you were thinking of getting in close and shooting her yourself you either have to have an escape plan, or a suitably glamorous way to die that hopefully does not incriminate the rest of the team."

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2017, 09:23:23 am »

do you have free space?
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2017, 09:40:05 am »

Hmn. Sounds simple enough. But o'course, there's never not some kidnda catch. Yae're hidin' sonethin'.

OOC: I hate the autocorrect on my phone.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2017, 07:25:20 pm »

"Does she need to get shot? Maybe we can get a couple a BTL junkies to shank her at the concert."

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2017, 04:35:15 am »

"Does she need to get shot? Maybe we can get a couple a BTL junkies to shank her at the concert."
Mr. Johnson shook his head, and put the small bottle back in its hiding place, for once he did not clear his throat before the presumably well armed Shadowrunners in front of him before saying "That would work yes, as long as you can make sure that she isn't dead afterwards, which will be hard when your weapon of choice is a bunch of fragged up junkies who probably think that this is all some form of game".

Hmn. Sounds simple enough. But o'course, there's never not some kidnda catch. Yae're hidin' sonethin'.

OOC: I hate the autocorrect on my phone.
The fixer stressed the words 'I can't actually find another catch' when he said "Surprisingly enough I can't actually find another catch in this one other than the whole 'don't actually kill her you drekheads' thing, Will there be a large amount of people who will want to geek the lot of you if they find out that you had something to do with this? Of course they will, but of course by this point we all know that is nothing but a working hazard".

((OOC: Yes there is, although you would have to wait anyway until I figure out what to do with the characters that aren't in yet, also sorry for the slow update speed, it's the holiday season and everyone wants to drag me off somewhere to work on something))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2017, 06:18:56 am »

Mhm.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9