Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Lowlife, a Shadowrun RTD Mission 0: The Park Job (Sign ups still open)  (Read 10317 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"Ya drive a hard bargain, Jane. Do I get some kind of happy meal toy extra if I take a full mag of 50 bullets?", he says playfully

Take a full magazine of 50 hollow points

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((OOC: I have just realized that the system automatically turns ( 8 ) but without the spaces into a coolshades emoticon....))

Jack Frost
You do in fact have enough time to practice your aim tonight, (7) you continue to unload several rounds from your long barreled sniper rifle into a virtual representation of your target over and over again for what felt like hours.
You come out of your virtual murder induced haze a slightly changed man, and you honestly feel that with a lot more practice...you can be the assassin who never misses.
(OOC: You get an additional +1 that you can choose to apply to any shooting roll, so now you have a total of +2 if you choose to spend it all in one place, I am waay to lenient on you guys aren't I? Also holy shit someone is on a roll tonight for some reason)

Your VR goggles eventually run out of power, and after checking your commlink you realize that you have practiced for three fucking hours straight.
You also found a message simply stating "9th Avenue, north east street at Downtown, you will find what you wanted to find between a small corporation, yoga place, asbestos, and some real estate fucks, don't let it sit there too long".

Muffin Man
Jane had a smile on her face when she said "You get a clip to hold your lead injection in...". she was rummaging around in her pockets when she was saying that, and she handed you an old looking grenade with a barely legible warning of 'smoke may be toxic for minors' written on it "and a smoke grenade when the drek hits the fan".

After paying 410 nuyen for the clip using the small cashier she insists on bring literally everywhere with her she hands you the clip in a suspiciously short amount of time...before asking "You sure you don't want some stick and shock or gel rounds to go with that? It might help to keep the rent a cops at bay...without being known as a cop killer".

(2) (OOC:.....))
Your trip over to the park was quite an uneventful one, and you meander through the rainy park and examine the area as carefully as possible, and you carefully examine each and every single thing inside and outside of it to examine every possible angle that would allow you to maim the rat as discretely as possible.

You continued examining the place for a whole hour before you realize that you are in Caster Park, not Castor Park, rather fortunately the other place was a twenty minute cab ride away, but you do feel pretty embarrassed throughout the whole trip over.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You manage to sneak away from the many security cameras in the park to make your call...what do you say?

Aerumna
Your commlink rings for a while, and after a whole minute has passed the person who called you earlier finally picks up the phone, and a familiar voice says "Hey Aerumna, are you free this evening?".
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile

"Muffin Man, wasn't it? How exactly do you wish to go about the job? These sorts of events do seem to enjoy their fireworks, don't they? Perhaps one may detonate prematurely."

Avanti!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

"The assassin that never misses"... heh. I'd like that.

I presume that address holds my target, yes?
Get over there. Inconspicuously.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yeah, throw in a 50 round magazine of stick&shock for good measure. I don't suppose there's a discount for large purchases?"

"Muffin Man, wasn't it? How exactly do you wish to go about the job? These sorts of events do seem to enjoy their fireworks, don't they? Perhaps one may detonate prematurely."

Over commlink: "Ahm not sure. Detonation of a firework is a good way ta cover our tracks, but we can't really control it. It might just blow her to shreds if she stands in the wrong place. If there was a building near the park with a decent view of the center I could just try to get on the roof and shoot her from there. I know I haven't got a sniper rifle, but it's still a long barreled gun. And between the bipod, cybereyes, smartgun system and 50 round magazine I'm sure I can hit her at least a few times.

You guys could try and jack into their cybersecurity to disrupt them there and fire in the crowd in seperate places to induce panic to cover our escape.

I'm open for other suggestions though."

Get a 50 round magazine of stick&shock as well.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Perhaps I could knock out a security guard, then go up on stage, and act like I had an accidental weapon discharge. An accidental discharge that hits a certain persons foot."

Avanti!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Perhaps I could knock out a security guard, then go up on stage, and act like I had an accidental weapon discharge. An accidental discharge that hits a certain persons foot."

"It might work, but dere's a lot of if's there. Though if I could cover ya from a rooftop while ya do it, I'd feel better about letting ya make a target of yerself in the middle of the lion's nest."

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Awfully eager for me to be in mortal danger, eh? Hmm. I wonder if this... *cough* artist happens to have a dressing room,
 or some other such secluded place.

Avanti!

DemICE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The voice was not familiar. But since he knew his name, he was most probably a Johnson. Which means potential income.

"Yes, completely free."  especially since the dreaded devs had still not recovered the server's connectivity
"Before that though.. give me a name i can call you by?"

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((OOC: I am probably going to try and update at least three times a week or something from now on. Also while I would set a character limit, it really doesn't seem important enough right now))
Muffin Man
Plain Jane had a friendly smile on her face, and she inclined her head slightly to the left "I don't actually have any with me right now, but I can get it for you by tomorrow...it will still set you back after 400 nuyen, even after the discount".

Jack Frost
(6)
A few heads were turned in your direction as you headed to the address the message gave you. And you find that your assumption was right; your target is in fact waiting there for you, if your target was a small brown briefcase containing "something that you might find interesting" according to a picture that came with the second message.

Aerumna
The voice on the commlink laughed after hearing Aerumna's question, and he had a rather odd accent that you can't quite place in his voice when he said "You can call me AIG yeah? I have a watch-over in need of a CSC, and the word is that Aerumna is the troll you call when you need someone with very good..heh, eyesight." AIG takes a deep breath before continuing with "Meet me at Lucky Lucius's Bar if you want to know more about the job, I'll be there for another....two or so hours".

Two eyed Yarrick
So it is a cold and dark night on a Thursday, and you have absolutely nothing to do tonight other than wallow in your own misery, maybe try to find a job, or get something to eat from the Stuffer Shack. Your stomach's gurgling reminds you that the one thing that can and will kill anyone if given the chance is hunger.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:12:57 am by cronos5010 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Take the briefcase to some inconspicuous location, and investigate it.

(Could I get a reminder on the rolling structure? I forgot how it works.)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

DemICE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"The Word's right all right. I will be at the rendezvous place after i make my preparations. See you there... AIG"
After he closed the connection, he let a small sigh, and started casually gathering the usually needed stuff.

Cyberdeck....     A watchover huh, should be easy    Like most times
Crossbow...  No point in thinking about matrix stuff if you can't live to get there first
Instant noodles lunchbox... You just never know
He got in his black cargo pants, topped by a gray wife beater.
He also pocketed his screwdriver for good measure, put on his synthetic leather black trench coat, and started casually going towards the place.  His atrophy from his long immobility was a thing of the past, but he still preffered to take it easy when physical strain was involved.

One and a half hour later he was walking inside what was the Lucky Lucius Bar according to that sign over the door....

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Look around on whatever passes for the internet for ticket prices, showtimes, and the artist featured at the concert.

Avanti!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You drive  a hard bargain Jane."

Pay her for the stick&shock.

Then go and scout out the area of the concert, see if I can get up a roof with a view of the stage.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Muffin Man
Plain Jane had a smile on her face when she said "Don't I know it"
You proceed to pay for your incredibly illegal goods and presumably set up a location where you can pick the stick and shock rounds up the next day.
You have used a total of 810 nuyens out of the 2,000 nuyens you have, you also have a smoke grenade that adds a +1 to rolls involving running away or flanking once for every friendly in the encounter.... somehow

(11)
You were struck with a sudden burst of inspiration as you scouted out the park the concert would be held in, and you manage to free climb all the way to the roof of a three floor building located across the street from the park itself.
You can see the entirety of the stage from this vantage point, although you feel that your machinegun won't be as useful as something more appropriate and longer ranged.

It occurs to you that you honestly don't know how you will get down from this place, or how you got up here with your duffel bag carried in your hands in the first place.

Jack Frost
((1d12, 1-4 is varying degrees of failure with 5-6 being the meh options, 7 to 10 being varying degrees of success, and 11-14 as the many different ways you could try too hard and potentially die horribly)).

You walk over to the briefcase and swiftly pick it up as you try your best to look as natural and unimportant as possible in the open and well monitored business park.

After some tense moments where you felt that you were being watched by more prying eyes than usual you manage to duck into a conveniently located nearby alley where you investigate the briefcase as thoroughly as possible.

The material of the briefcase was a tough and obviously synthetic fabric that was painted in a really dull shade of brown, and its handle looked cheap and plasticy. It seems to be quite old, and you can still see the empty space where they pried off the lock for some odd reason.
It makes a rattling sound when you move it, you honestly don't know why.

You open up your commlink and start browsing the matrix again.
The standard ticket just to get a spot vaguely in front of the stage is worth 70 nuyens, and that's not even counting the additional price for backstage access or the trail of information that can be traced back to you due to a little clause about the purchaser needing a valid SIN.

But on the bright side you now know that the entire concert is based around two bands, the Summer Punch who will be headlining for an entire hour from 18:00-19:00, and some unknown artist named Francis Dark, who apparently wears a head covering mask at all times, and shares your general frame.
((Francis Dark: 17:10-17:45 ((Country-Electro music singer in a head covering mask, after seeing the promotional pictures of him you feel like you might be able to pass as him if you were willing to risk it))
Summer Punch 18:00-19:00 ((Some alternative-electro band on the up and up, composed entirely of women))
Aspect Rose: 19:15-20:00 [Just one guy and his DJ program apparently, dances around the place while singing bad electropop)
The Judge and the Edge: 20:10-21:00 ((I have no idea what their genre is supposed to be, but they wrestle each other a lot on stage apparently))

Aerumna
You might be surprised to find it to have much less people than you might expect to find in a decent looking Seattle Bar in the middle of a cold and rainy night.

But well...that just mean more privacy for you doesn't it? And the various dark colored booths placed around the bar does say that this is an establishment that wants to convince you that privacy is still a thing.

The music tries a little too hard to be catchy and up beat. But the dim lighting provides just the right kind of ambience for a place where people go to be miserable for some reason. The elven bartender is professional looking in his standard corporation issue uniform, and he greeted Aerumna by saying "So what will it be tonight?" the man spoke with a noticeably Italian accent.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9