Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34

Author Topic: Plane of Elements RPG (Time for the next adventure!) Room for another player!  (Read 19164 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

Intro:

Welcome to the Plane of Elements! This is a strange land, full of magic and danger. The land is ruled by four incredibly powerful beings. These "Pillars of Creation" created this land as a sort-of giant game board for their own amusement. You are one of many elemental creatures created by the Pillars to act as pieces for their "game".

You are a "newling", a newly reborn elemental. You and several other of the bolder newlings have hatched a plan to gain power and favor: You will travel deep into the blasted south to a legendary ruin said to contain artifacts of great power. This ruin is probably still well provisioned with defenses and traps, but no gain without danger!

Game Details:

This is a simple RPG set in a custom setting, and using homebrew rules.

Players with no RPG experience are more than welcome, come and let's all be noobs together! Since this is all homebrew, and using a simple RPG system, there is a very low barrier to entry (no books to buy!). Inexperience is no excuse not to have fun!

Once play has started you can still join in as an extra. These characters will be special "guests" joining the party for a short time, generally as part of a specific mission (aka, I will use them instead of NPCs where possible). Feel free to think of this as a way to try things out. Players of extras will also serve as a waiting list if someone needs to drop out of the main party.

Current Status:

The game is in progress. Currently there are 5 players, so room for 1 more!

If you wish to play, submit a character sheet here in the thread and I will add you to the list. Once enough players sign up (at least 4, no more than 6) I'll start the game. Extra players can go on the waiting list. Note that I may occasionally ask someone on the waiting list if they want to play an "extra" (character that would normally be an NPC), so even if the party is full it may be worth your time to sign up!

There is a Discord chat for this game. Feel free to drop in!

Here is the current map of the world:

Spoiler: World Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 02:02:49 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 07:52:54 am by milo christiansen »
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 09:08:11 am by milo christiansen »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements! - Simple, Flexible, RPG (player signup!)
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 12:03:53 pm »

<unused>
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 07:54:55 am by milo christiansen »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 12:10:18 pm »

<no longer relevant>
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 08:25:39 am by milo christiansen »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 04:29:37 am »

Is the GM still interested in this?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 01:56:26 pm »

Oh yes, very much so.

Even better I have semi regular access to a tablet now, so I can keep on top of things a little better at the cost of some sanity. Compared to a real PC tablets suck.

Oh well...

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 08:24:45 am »

I have all the early game stuff worked out, I just need players. What with the new tablet I can now keep up with this every day, so don't worry about it being too slow.

I need at least two people to start the game,  maximum of 6. I promise it will be fun (or your money back).

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 09:19:57 am »

Name:      Ripple
Alignment: West Positive (Order+Entropy)
Type:      Tank
Body:      A sentient blob of water and algae.
Eats:      Algae, plankton, water.
Attack:    Surge
Aspect HP/Defense:
   * Health: 9/1
   * Energy: 5/1
Quality:
   * Aqueous: A sentient mass of water, taking the form of a wave. Can reform lost bodyparts but dies when
     too dissipated. Immune to piercing attacks.
Skills:
   * Shapeshift: Reshape your body. Very flexible with a body made of water. Useful for reaching tight places.
     You will still look like water.
   * Strangle: You suffocate an enemy by entering their lungs. Ineffective against gilled and nonbreathing creatures.
   * Reform: Merge with nearby severed bodyparts to heals all damage recently dealt by slashing attacks.
Upgrades:
   * Hydroplaning - generate small eddies and lose bodymass while moving, as a form of propulsion.
   * Expel Object - fires a held item as a projectile.
   * Wear Item - jellifies a bodypart to allow an item to be wielded or worn.
   * Telepathy - communicate with other elementals by touching them to deliver thoughts.
Notes:
   Compromised mobility and thinking when contaminated. Extremely sand-phobic. Falls unconscious body becomes
   extremely brittle in freezing temperatures. Cannot speak. Has trouble wielding anything heavy.
   Gets tired quickly. Rests in puddle form.

Starting Items:
Gold Pieces x50
((can't speak))
((without a watertight place to pool down in, I can't sleep on land))
((I live in the water of course))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 07:28:18 pm by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 09:47:47 am »

Sounds interesting, and I don't see any major issues, so you're​ in!

Well, except your alignment: did you mean West Positive Neutral (Order+Death/Entropy), West Positive (Order+Life/Energy), North-West (West Major) Positive (Order/Entropy+Life), or something else? Yes alignments are a little complicated...

I assume Strangle is to add dice to your normal attack? Also your energy HP should start at 5 not 4.

Overall your character looks really interesting  :)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 10:38:06 am »

I'll probably create a character sheet later today.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 10:48:20 am »

Cool!

Don't worry too much about getting the details (particularly alignment) perfect, I can correct any mistakes. The current alignment system could really benefit from a more comprehensive set of tables, it's a little hard to use right now.

Judging by the number of sign ups (two here, one by PM) if everyone turns in a character sheet by tomorrow we can start then. More players can join "on the road", unless I get more sign-ups between then and now, in which case I'll delay until everyone is ready.

EDIT: @FakerFangirl: Your character needs one more skill or a stat boost, and you need to clarify your alignment. See the player list for your canonical character sheet. If I got something wrong let me know. (BTW: You can't reduce your starting stats below 5/1, I should probably make that clear in the character creation section)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 12:45:27 pm by milo christiansen »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 03:17:30 pm »

I'll make a character tonight, this post is just here to remind me to do it.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 03:31:03 pm »

@milo:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 04:09:06 pm »

@FakeFangirl
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34