Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34

Author Topic: Plane of Elements RPG (Time for the next adventure!) Room for another player!  (Read 19204 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements! - Simple, Flexible, RPG (player signup!)
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 05:15:21 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

I considered buying 20 minor energy crystals and a backpack to store them in, then going around raising floating islands/golem armies or something, but I decided against it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 10:51:05 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 05:23:19 pm »

Looks pretty good, I'll have to make a few tweaks (some abilities will need to be advanced actions, etc) but things are mostly ok as-is.

One thing: You need to have a Health aspect, as you have a physical body. Do you want to reallocate some of your points?

EDIT: I'm giving you a full damage punch as an attack, "throw stuff" is too situational.

EDIT 2: Your canonical character sheet is now in the player list, please check to make sure it is correct. If there is anything you want to change just tell me.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 05:58:55 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 07:32:03 pm »

@milo:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 07:43:13 pm »

@FakerFangirl
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 01:53:36 am »

Name: Ortflab
Alignment: South East (South Major) Negative Neutral (Death + Chaos/Life)
Type: Mage
Body: A very large segmented skeletal hand composed of assorted bones (as in, though shaped in a hand, not made of hand bones), like my (boney) avatar (but without the gemstones or rings). Size is about that of an overwheight cat. Purple energy holds the bone segments together and cyan energy pushes them apart, creating gaps between the bones and movement of the structure.
Eats: Energy (preferably from other elementals, recently fallen or still living)
Attack: Poke (-1 damage)
Aspect HP/Defense:
  * Health: 5/1
  * Energy: 9/2
Quality:
  * Undead Construct: You are pieced together from dead things and animated with energy, and this way new things can be grafted onto you... somehow. This counts as a flexible body quality. Adding new parts requires that the parts be vaguely dead already, and large amounts of energy and/or magic, taken or given from a sentient entity. You need to make a skill test to succesfully add the part.
Skills:
  * Magical Flight: Don't need to be confined to scuttling around the ground when you can hover into the air.
  * Wither: Poisons the inner essence of the foe with a bolt of dark magic. cost 1 Energy HP per use, range of 3. More effective against life and energy alligned enemies, less effective against some other enemies.
Upgrades:
  * Summoning magic would be nice. Or the ability to command my fallen enemies.
  * Definitely some more destructive spells would be helpful. Also, a way to replenish spent energy.
  * A bigger body, perhaps literally "fleshing out" oneself, would help in physical combat should I get stuck there.
  * Contingencies for "accidents"; phylacteries, hocruxes, backup bodies, soul gems, whatever works.
Inventory:
  * 26gp - minus prices for unknown items, so probably 0-6 gp
  * 7x small Energy Crystal
  * Backpack, adjusted in size and shape to strap around "wrist"
  * 5x sticks of colored chalk (white, white, red, cyan, blue)
  * 2x Scrolls of Drain (as per the ability from example character Sally Sorcerer)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 06:52:52 am »

That alignment would actually be (Death/Chaos+Energy), which fits your character perfectly.

I'll go ahead and rule that the scrolls cost 5gp each, and the chalk is, say 1gp per piece. Chalk isn't exactly expensive, and Leech was intended to be something that could be spammed as an attack, so Scrolls containing it should be fairly cheap.

I'll go ahead and type up your canonical character sheet.

EDIT: Canonical sheet is now up, let me know if it needs any changes.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 07:34:34 am by milo christiansen »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 08:38:21 am »

All right, there are four players, everyone has a character sheet, I think it's almost time to start the game!

I'll wait for a little while, but if nothing else comes up the game start post will show up around 1-2 pm UTC-5 (US Eastern Time).

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile

Probably too late but worth a shot. Apologies for any formatting errors, on mobile.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yup, my character sheet looks fine... but you used "effected" instead of "affected" in the description of my Command ability.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

Nope, you still have time :)

Eating shadows doesn't seem reasonable, so that won't work. I'll file your eating habits under the same "don't ask" category as the example thief. Standard ration packs will work for you.

This means that your Rapid Consumption skill needs a replacement.

Shadows are just shadows, not animate thing. That said hiding in them, or pretending to be one is fine...

I don't see any other issues, so I'll post your canonical character sheet (short one skill) in a few minutes.

@ATHATH: Oops. I'll fix that  :)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you.

Also, why is throwing nearby objects too "situational"? Unless I'm floating in the void or something, there should be SOMETHING nearby that I can throw.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds good. Pretending to be one is what I meant, poor phrasing on my end, apologies.

For the replacement skill, could it be:
*Shadow blink: Can jump between two shadowed areas, for an energy cost. This cost increases rapidly with distance.

Cheers :)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

Also, why is throwing nearby objects too "situational"? Unless I'm floating in the void or something, there should be SOMETHING nearby that I can throw.

I would rather not have a character with a default attack that will not work in every circumstance. Sure, it would be fine most of the time, but better to be 100% reliable.

For the replacement skill, could it be:
*Shadow blink: Can jump between two shadowed areas, for an energy cost. This cost increases rapidly with distance.

Sounds good. Also I think Flatten could be lumped into your quality, do you want to pick yet another skill?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Consume life: Damage dealt by Skia to enemies' health pools grants (All/half - not too sure how to balance this) back as energy to Skia.

That good for the skill?

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

Sure, I'll go with half, and if it seems too OP I can nerf it later...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34