Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34

Author Topic: Plane of Elements RPG (Time for the next adventure!) Room for another player!  (Read 19205 times)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile

I am gonna look for a nice and cozy place to "Stay for a while in"
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

@ATHATH: The library is thoroughly cataloged, and all the valuable books are carefully secured behind magical fields. (4) The books you can read teach you some interesting facts about order, perhaps you can use what you learn later? Even if you can't more knowledge is always nice. ((You may now get +1 to any rolls that deal with order knowledge. There haven't been any yet this game, but you never know what will happen.))

@Skia: "Here for Ben you say?" (5) "I don't imagine you actually have the broken homer on you? Ben would never give that up unless he was dead. So why are you here?"

@PaPaj: You find a nice cozy corner to curl up and sleep in. Hopefully the others don't take too long with their business...

((If I ditch food then everything would continue to work as normal, just without me needing to edit inventory every time the party rests or travels. Energy eaters would be allowed to redeem some of their crystals for cash, and food eaters would do the same for rations. Energy and Health HP would still heal at a steady 1 per day. Basically the only difference is that I would assume your characters are capable of doing their own food shopping automatically. Save your gold for more interesting stuff that doesn't require me to edit character sheets on this stupid tablet.

Considering how annoying editing inventory is maybe I should say "when I ditch food". Unless someone has a compelling reason to keep it it will be gone some time this evening.))

((BTW: The shop here sells potions, scrolls, and crystals (including recharges for customer crystals) Recharges cost 1 gold per 2 energy points. Available scrolls, crystals, and potions are limited only by your wallet and imagination.))
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 05:58:02 am by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile

((i vote ditch the food))
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile

"About that...

Ambusshed by houndss. Came across hiss wreckage looking for him. Picking up where he lefft offf."

Skia removes the orb from her bag, showing it, but holding it such that she can quickly pull it back if the professor tries to take it.

"Ssso, what iss thiss thing?"

((Yeah, ditch food))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

"Ahhh... The teleport homer! You realize this artifact is completely unique? There was only ever one made, its creator was always making wonderous items and abandoning them for his next idea as soon as they were finished. But I digress. Ben is dead you say? Well, I suppose it happens to us all at some point, although I met a stone type that was almost a thousand years old once, he was quite fascinating. Now where was I... Oh, yes, the homer! According to the letter Ben sent me it was broken somehow, and he wanted me to fix it, I suppose you want the same? I promised to do it for him in exchange for 250 gold and the chance to examine it for a few days. If you can't afford that we can probably work something out. You don't happen to have a few friends along do you? I have a task I've been putting off that I could use some help with...
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Study Life magic next.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

The library, a land of wisdom and learning. (2) Sadly you have trouble wrapping your head around life magic, and waste most of the remainder of the day in this fruitless pursuit.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile

"Given the ambusshing houndss are dead, yess, I believe I and my friendss could aid in a tassk. Though we would need the termss before we accept."

Skia tries not to wince, recalling the handling of the hounds.

((So, guys - task or just try and scrounge up 250 gold?))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

"I'm sure you will want to talk to your friends before accepting, but the task is really quite simple. You see, there is this renegade who's been causing problems for the school. Not a big deal really, but someone needs to deal with him sooner or later. Unfortunately that someone is me, worse I have spent too long procrastinating and the renegade has hooked up with some bandits. I can handle the renegade without too much trouble, but I need someone to keep his minions off my back while I work. I had planned to hire some mercenaries from Central City, but if you and your friends agree to help I will fix your orb. Matter of fact that, I'll even fix the orb first." He chuckles, "not the least because I can't wait to get my hands on it. Of course if you would rather just pay me then I suppose I'll have to go with the mercenaries..."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Study Earth magic.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

Who needs rest? There are books to read! (6) Being made mostly of earth gives you a head start on this line of research, and you learn quite a bit. (You gain another +1 knowledge bonus). You feel rather tired now, if you try to keep studying before resting you will probably fall asleep with your face planted in a book. Who knows what the librarian would do to you then?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Go to the library. Show the librarian the fireball scroll and indicate books, trying to ask for a spell book to study for a while.

((As a spellcaster, I don't exactly want to ditch my energy crystals, but ditching the food system is fine with me))
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube

((About food: It turns out to be a massive pain to handle food needs "properly", so I am thinking of just dropping food requirements. Anyone object/agree?))
((Up to you. I would use a spreadsheet if you choose to continue.))

((So, guys - task or just try and scrounge up 250 gold?))
I'm not paying for an item I can't use. We don't even know where we'd end up.

Is there any additional info on these bandits? What are we up against?
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

The librarian is happy to help you with your needs, quickly turning up a book titled On Energy. (3) You study for a while, but fail to learn much in the way of new information.

((@FakerFangirl: Didn't you see the part where the book said that using the key phrase takes you to the orb? There is no question where you will end up. Also you can use the orb, it's the thought that counts. Speaking is just easier for most folks.))

((@Everyone: You should probably meet up and decide what you want to do with the orb. Just FYI you will spend about a week here waiting for the professor to fix the orb and finish studying it. During that time you will be assumed to be studying in the library for your first batch of experience points! I will also allow each of you two chances to study any topic in the library (including non-magical subjects). These topics will provide a knowledge bonus if your roll succeeds. Those who already spent time in the library may choose to retcon their bonuses and try again if they would rather have different subjects.

Start thinking about if you want to spend or save your​ 3exp. 2exp will buy a new skill, 3exp will buy a hitpoint, and 4exp will buy an armor point))
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 11:13:11 pm by milo christiansen »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

((Edited everyone's inventory to turn food back into gold. Energy crystals are untouched.))
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34