Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34

Author Topic: Plane of Elements RPG (Time for the next adventure!) Room for another player!  (Read 18835 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile

Fine by me. Ta :)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile

soo..how much longer till the start?
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

As soon as I finish writing the post. I have the mechanics done, I just need to add some flavor :)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spice#Classification_and_types
Here's your flavour,or did you mean by that some sauce?
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

Welcome to the Plane of Elements!

Now that everyone is here, it is time to start the game. First a few conventions:

I would prefer to avoid PMs for game actions, if you need to say something private put it in a spoiler and address it to the individual you want to talk to. If you are playing don't open spoilers that aren't for you!
Code: [Select]
[spoiler=GM's Eyes Only!]
<Your Message>
[/spoiler]

((Out of character talk should be enclosed in double parenthesis))

Actions should be in bold.

Now for the game:

Welcome to Center City!

You are newlings fresh from the the Temple of Rebirth. You have banded together to seek adventure, and to this end you have followed directions to Adventurer's Row, a district at the edge of the city. To the left is a Tavern, the right Al's Adventure Emporium and several high end gear (weapons/armor/etc) shops.

What do you want to do?
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am gonna go to the Al's Adventure Emporium

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements! - Simple, Flexible, RPG (And we're off!)
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2017, 11:52:03 am »

@PaPaj:

You are treated by a rather hairy quadruped with a wicked scar across his muzzle. (Picture a bear with hands for front paws) "Hello! Welcome to Al's! I'm Al, nice to meet you. What do you need?" He stands up and leans on the counter.

(See second post for list of starting gear, or ask if you want something special.)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2017, 11:53:22 am »

Also, why is throwing nearby objects too "situational"? Unless I'm floating in the void or something, there should be SOMETHING nearby that I can throw.
I would rather not have a character with a default attack that will not work in every circumstance. Sure, it would be fine most of the time, but better to be 100% reliable.
Understandable. I'd still like to have a ranged attack, though... Maybe a seed-cannon?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2017, 11:53:49 am »

Would you have get's a bit closer to him Something special in stock?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2017, 11:55:32 am »

Search for a notice board or another source of quests.

((I wouldn't mind heading south towards the mage academies- mages tend to have pretty neato stuff, and my healing harms death-based creatures. How about you guys?))
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2017, 11:58:55 am »

@PaPaj: "Sure, what do you need. I have all kinds of junk in storage, just describe what you want and I'll see if I have one in the back."

@ATHATH: Do you want to trade in some gear for a bow? The only ranged default attacks I'll allow right now are magic for energy beings.

No notice boards here stock quests for newlings, but maybe the tavern keeper has heard some rumors?

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2017, 12:09:10 pm »

"Okay good to know,that you have some more then your usual things. Now on the other hand,do you need some work done?"

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2017, 12:15:51 pm »

@PaPaj: "No, sorry. You see, there are so many adventuring types around here you can almost always find some experienced types willing to do a quick errand. You newlings just aren't worth the bother. No offence. Would you like a fine steel short sword? Only 20gp. Its a fine weapon for a newling like you. How about a lantern?"

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2017, 12:17:27 pm »

"I think i might be fine for now,maybe gonna get something later"
Leaves the shop

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2017, 12:25:01 pm »

@PaPaj: Once again you are back in the main road, tavern one way, shops the other.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34