Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34

Author Topic: Plane of Elements RPG (Time for the next adventure!) Room for another player!  (Read 19221 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements RPG (Battle over!) Room for another player!
« Reply #465 on: September 04, 2017, 07:32:00 pm »

Crystis scans the loot
"Mmm I'm Intrested in the robe. But I'm sure it would look stupid over my coat.
He sighs
"if no one objects, I'll take a chaos and energy rune. My sword could use an upgrade.  ,likewise, if no one wants the robe, I'll take that to.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 04, 2017, 09:15:35 pm »

((Well, it is about time to move on. Sometime tomorrow I will narrate the trip back to blasted rock and give a few options from there. Any unclaimed loot will go into the party pool to be claimed by anyone who wants it later.

From Blasted Rock there are many options. Do you want to continue south looking for more ruins, loot, and quests? West to see the clockwork cities and maybe (after a lot of work, and a bit of luck) aquire a voidship? North to hunt the jungles? East to explore old mines and hunt riches? I would like to hear from everybody on this subject. Whichever direction is choosen there will be a way.))
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 04, 2017, 09:51:09 pm »

((I'm leaning to the jungle or mines. But...define voidship))

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 04, 2017, 10:23:27 pm »

((Floatly clockwork and magic thing. Like an airplane but with more gears and no wings. Not a flying wooden ship like so many steampunk settings have, think zepplin with crystals instead of a gas bags. No sails, just good honest Western magitech.

Don't expect to be able to get one just right away though, you will need a few (many) thousand gold first... Gold that may be easier to get elsewere. On the other hand maybe you can get freindly with someone who will give you a discount or you could hire on as guards for someone else's ship if you just want to see what it is like...

It would probably be a very good idea for someone to learn a bit about mechanicals bfore you get too far along that path though, hiring repairs and mantinence could get expensive in a hurry.

Basically a voidship is a later game item intended to serve as a mobile base. If you head west you will just have a slightly better chance of getting one sooner at the cost of other things you could get i you went another direction. Each direction will have its own cool stuff, and just because you headed one way first does not mean you won't go back later.))
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 05, 2017, 06:04:48 am »

"I think it might be worth the embarrassment." ((@Crystis))

Claim any unclaimed loot I guess

(( If we go to the clockwork cities, are we likely to be able to head elsewhere shortly after? If so, vote for the cities, if not, probably the ruins.

Also, couple of other questions:
Did we gain any xp at this point or is that still to come?
Also, regards the teleport homer, I can't see the exact details of it's working. When activated, does it take us where we'd like, or does it have some kind of counterpart it takes you to? Apologies if it's been mentioned and I just missed it.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 05, 2017, 10:05:35 am »

((Traveling to the cities will be a trip of a few months (not including any sidetrips that may present themselves).

EXP: Everyone will get 1 EXP as soon as you reach Blasted Rock, but since that will happen just as soon as I get around to typing it up, you (meaning everyone in he party who reads this) can have it now.

The teleport homer always takes you to itself. Its intended purpose is to allow people to return to the party after death with a minimum of problems. However, you can also be much more creative, for example you could throw it across a wide gap, and then teleport to it. Or you could leave it behind, so you can return to a particular spot in a hurry.))

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 05, 2017, 12:25:21 pm »

After rooting through the loot pile for a while, it is divided up as follows:
Skia takes one of the daggers and the spear.
Crystis takes an energy rune, a chaos rune, and the robe.
Everyone takes 125gp

The other items are all divided up amoungst the packs, waiting for later need.

The loot problem having been solved, everyone decides to emulate the professor, except rotating guards of course.

Morning comes to find the professor looking much less drawn out, and the party back in pretty good shape. The return trip to Blasted Rock goes smoothly, and after a day or so of travel you arrive at the school, ready to set out for something bigger and better.

Before he leaves the professor pulls you aside: "Look, I am very greatful you all helped me with my problem, and fixing that orb of yours was facinating, but I thought I should warn you. That mage we took out? I have a feeling he may be back. He is just the kind of crazy that the Pillars seems to find funny. If he does come back and comes looking for me I can handle myself just fine" he grins a little "I can always find some mercenaries this close to Center City, but you are an easier target with no mage of your own. If you ever have problems with him use this scroll and I'll come to your teleport homer as soon as I can. 'Apparate' was the word right? I wouldn't worry too much, but just in case." He hands you a small nondescript scroll. "Please don't use this unless you need it, ok?"

((I really need to know where everyone wants to go first.))

There are a few trade caravans in Blasted Rock at the moment, it is likely you could find one going your way, whatever way that may be. As everyone knows, caravans are always hiring guards...

For helping the professor, you all gain 1 EXP. I'll update your sheets/inventoy later.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 12:26:52 pm by milo christiansen »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 05, 2017, 12:35:56 pm »

((Ah, thanks.

1 Vote for the jungles then))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements RPG (Time for the next adventure!) Room for another player!
« Reply #473 on: September 05, 2017, 02:22:18 pm »

((Discord discussion resulted in two votes for jungle, so North it is. Now I just need to write the intro for that. Soontm))

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements RPG (Time for the next adventure!) Room for another player!
« Reply #474 on: September 05, 2017, 06:11:52 pm »

((Just for fun, here is everyone's stats as written in my combat cheat sheet:
Code: [Select]
Ripple    9/9 (1) 5/5 (0) 2d6
PaPaj     7/7 (0) 5/5 (0) 2d6/3d6+1DAM if concealed/3d6 if attacking target of another player
Skia      5/5 (0) 7/7 (0) 1d6+1AP/2d6+1DAM+1AP if concealed (heals half damage as energy, life rune)
Crystis   5/5 (0) 5/5 (0) 2d6
Collector 6/6 (1) 6/6 (0) 1d6ENERGY-1DAM

Almost done editing the character sheets (inventory) and updating the rules (to cover runes and scrolls in more detail). I will shortly write the intro for the scene with the caravan master.

EDIT: All done, scene to follow:))

After a bit of back and forth discussion, a trip to see the north is decided upon, and so the party checks with the caravans to see who is headed where. Luckilly one of the caravans is headed to a smaller city near the middle of northern farm country, not all the way there, but a good start.

The north bound caravan is made up of giant eight legged crystal beasts, pulling equally large wagons filled with southern goods. You can practically smell the profit.

One of the caravan drovers tells you that his master is willing to hire guards or simply take on paying passengers. As guards you would, of course, be expected to help fend off bandits or wildlife, but passengers do not have such duties if they do not wish them...

The caravan master appears from around one of the giant wagons. He is a huge bear of a man, literally. "Can I help you?"
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 06:43:24 pm by milo christiansen »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 06, 2017, 03:52:20 am »

(( What's the caravan's current guard like? ))

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 06, 2017, 07:37:08 am »

((A couple of guys per wagon. Not tiny, but far from too many.

Basically if you hire on as a guard I may throw in a travel encounter, with the party defending one of the wagons, but if you decided to go a passengers you can pay a few gp to skip all that... Guard pay is pretty trivial, but so is the passenger charge.))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 06, 2017, 08:34:50 am »

((I'm for guard duty then.))

Sigtext

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #478 on: September 06, 2017, 04:37:05 pm »

Ripple is willing to fight, but hates sliding along dusty roads, so pays the passenger fee.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 13, 2017, 02:58:01 pm »

"I would like to help as a guard for a little while"
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34