Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34

Author Topic: Plane of Elements RPG (Time for the next adventure!) Room for another player!  (Read 19228 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements RPG (Time for the next adventure!) Room for another player!
« Reply #480 on: September 13, 2017, 03:00:30 pm »

((I'll have the trip wrote up soon.))
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements RPG (Time for the next adventure!) Room for another player!
« Reply #481 on: September 13, 2017, 06:03:35 pm »

Early in the morning, the passengers pay their passage, and the guards line up by the wagons, before the caravan finally sets off.

(6,6,4, lucky bastards.) The trip was long, but uneventful, no attacks of any kind appeared, much to the caravan master's delight.

Over the course of the trip, you meet a somewhat creepy passenger, traveling to the north for reasons that align with your own. He seems to have much to offer to your group, so an invatation is extended for him to join you.

As you get farther north the land becomes greener, with wide open fields streatching for miles in every direction slowly giving way to smaller fields and woodlots, and finally to a city at the edge of the great jungle, your destination.

Once inside the city, the caravan master pays the guards off, and the party reunites, ready to pick your next move.

You are at the trader's quarter in a mid-sized city near the edge of the jungle. To your left is a tavern, down the road are an assortment of shops selling just about anything your heart could desire. On the right wall is a job/news board, listing a few local events of little interest to you and a few jobs, most of witch are for experienced guides.

Two jobs do stand out as possibilities though:

Mercenary Squad Required for Ruin Clearance

A team of 4-6 mercenaries is desired to assist with clearing a ruined homestead in the jungle. Pay is 300gp per man, loot reserved by employer. Apply at "ACME Reclamation" in the factor's quarter.

Guards Required for Local Road Crew

Crews will be clearing back vines from certain local highways, guards for these crews may apply at city hall in the upper quarter. Pay is 25gp per day, plus skins.

Maybe there are other oportunities avalible if you ask around?
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 13, 2017, 06:08:37 pm »

"Greetingss, sstranger. What bringss you north?"

Skia later addresses the group as a whole:

"A small selection to be ssure. Perhapss I'll have a look around."

Skia heads into the tavern with ears open for rumours.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 13, 2017, 08:03:31 pm »

"Greetingss, sstranger. What bringss you north?"

The skull, burning blue within its cage as always, did not turn, it made no attempt to look at the being talking to it, rather it simply faced northward, anticipating the start of the collection. It still spoke however, but the noise sounded not like the speech of a being, but the struggled moans of many formed into words, not a one came from its head.

"The jungle is filled with life, both conceptual, and literal. I collect from the dead, so that I may provide my services, through this more death may come, thus the collection will grow."

It shifts briefly, before the skull turns to be facing the Skia

"If I may, you signed on to guard, I have no weapons, and my arms are not made for unarmed strikes, having assistance in hunting would be useful. If you would let me join you in battle, I will offer my services. I feel you will find them quite useful."

(also, I need to go to sleep soon, just so you know.)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 08:11:43 pm by Failbird105 »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 14, 2017, 03:06:04 am »

Skia chuckled.

"A good reason, and a good propossal."

"Let uss hope you lasst longer than our previouss companion."

Another chuckle, and a sigh. The faceless shadow still manages to give the impression of rolling its eyes.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 14, 2017, 09:10:23 am »

((I'll give a bit more time for others to post, but I'll roll up a tavern visit later today.))

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 14, 2017, 06:08:26 pm »

You walk into the tavern. Across the room from you there is the bar, complete with barkeep. Skattered around the room are various small groups, mostly caravan drovers,  guards, and mercenaries. You doubt they will want to talk to you, but the barkeep probably kons the local news.

"What will you have?" he asks you.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 15, 2017, 06:24:41 am »

"Whatever'ss local."

While the barkeep's getting the drink, she adds
"How's busssinesss? Haven't travelled this way since my last wipe at leasst."

((Wipe referring to a memory wiping death. Can change it if you'd prefer.))

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 15, 2017, 11:39:43 am »

"Pretty good actually, a new company has started hiring mercenaries to clear overgrown settlements, some kind of 'farm the jungle' scheme. Operations like that spring up every few years" he chuckles "sometimes they even make money. For a while. Anyway, lots of new mercenaries in town for that. Then of course there are the old standbys, road clearing, contract hunting, and general exploration."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 15, 2017, 11:47:47 am »

"Heard of any interesssting rumourss for the latter two? Allwaysss did like a good hunt, treassure or alivve. I think."

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 15, 2017, 11:54:42 am »

"Not until it's finished. Most hunters are pretty close mouthed about prospects. If you really want to do that kind of thing, I would sugest checking old settlement maps in the hall of records, but you have to get lucky and hit something no one else has done yet. As for animals, they aren't hard to find, the hard part is surviving the ones that find you."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 15, 2017, 12:55:19 pm »

"My thanksss."

Skia takes her drink and goes to sit quietly elsewhere, preferably near any group that seem more equipped than the average. She listens in for any likely sounding conversations.

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 15, 2017, 07:39:20 pm »

The drink is pretty good, but conversation is lacking. You hear plenty of tall tales from past hunts, some of which may even be true, but no one talks about their secret plans to loot fabulous riches from a secret spot in the jungle. There is some talk of current jobs, but it all sounds like rehashing of the job board or basic planning for trips with the destination not mentioned.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #493 on: September 16, 2017, 12:00:03 am »

Ripple brings a friend to purchase 1 medium energy crystal and a spare tarp (because you never know when you'll need it). Ripple then rents a room at the inn and proceeds to take a bath for the rest of the day.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 16, 2017, 12:03:54 am »

((Ahh, that reminds me:
@Everyone: Shops in town will refill energy crystals at 1gp per 2 Energy. Quite a few of you are carrying empty or partly filled crystals...))
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34