Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The WW1 mod: Abandoned before release  (Read 1608 times)

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
The WW1 mod: Abandoned before release
« on: May 23, 2017, 12:33:49 pm »

I made this over the course of a month after I got really excited at the concept of WW1 in Dwarf Fortress. However, numerous factors (not the least being that I hated making it) have caused me to drop it.

I've gotten the Ottomans maybe half done altogether, and barely started on anyone else.

If anyone wants to take this over, use what little work I DID get done, or god forbid actually try playing it, Download it here.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12926

Also, forgot to mention in the credits file.

The guns are copy paste from Enemy Post's WW2 Mod, which ultimately came from Stirks' Modern Mod.

We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: The WW1 mod: Abandoned before release
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 12:56:25 pm »

Cool, my raws got used. It's a nice surprise when that awful mod still comes up from time to time. Looks like you made some improvements.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!