Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 179981 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 3: Dead Men Do Tell Tales
« Reply #1125 on: June 26, 2017, 02:33:18 pm »

It does, yes.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: June 26, 2017, 08:43:32 pm »

Posting quickly because I think the day will end soon.

Pretty sure Everyone Wins is impossible simply because multiple town players have died and would lose if everyone converted to mafia. Secondly, the mafia convert version is going to be pointless at any rate if 4maskwolf is lynched and the theory that flabort's claimed mafia ability is from him. At any rate there's too many unknowns at stake and I don't trust webadict to make something like that possible

So... I guess we weren't permitted to talk at night, but the GM left the thread unlocked. I'd get into speculation as to why, especially considering the way Wuba phrased "if you are not allowed to talk at night", but that would probably be an unhelpful conversation. I didn't see what Tiruin or Persus had said, because they had edited away their posts on Wuba's request when I looked - probably just "why is this thread unlocked at night", like I think I did.
Webadict doesn't lock his threads at night. He didn't lock it in at least last BYOR too. My post was basically telling you that you shouldn't be posting in the thread.

I'm looking for things to probe about, but the problem is that TBF and 4maskwolf are the two people I'd like most to hear from and TBF hasn't posted at all (Webadict claims he's having posting issues), and 4maskwolf hasn't voted since the train. I am pretty suspicious of TDS as well though the inconsistencies Jack mentioned, plus his attacks on Shakelon come off funny.

Hector13: There were two kills that were unclaimed N1. You appear to be the only target of a kill N2. If two people targeted you with kills, would your revive still worked?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: June 26, 2017, 08:46:51 pm »

I imagine so, yes. Seems like an odd question to ask shortly before the deadline.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: June 26, 2017, 08:52:09 pm »

I imagine so, yes. Seems like an odd question to ask shortly before the deadline.
I've been trying to figure out why there was only one attempted kill last night. I also need to reengage myself with the game, by asking questions. You don't seem to like the Everyone Wins idea as well. Has that changed your read of TolyK or anyone else at all?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: June 26, 2017, 09:11:38 pm »

Makes me more inclined to believe Lenglon is a survivor or otherwise benign third-party, beyond that nothing except they're all Communists.

Tolyk not having used their vote for almost the entire game is bothersome for me, the vote is a townie's voice, so it implies to me they have some other means of achieving their wincon, whatever it may be. I'm inclined to think they may also be benign third-party.

Jack and Tiruin seem to derive some entertainment from breaking games wide open, so the former's tacit approval and the latter's attempts to logic their way through it maybe aren't all that telling.

Flabort kinda bothers me, but that's for things outside of the everybody wins stuff, like the "Monster Within" ability claim.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: June 26, 2017, 09:28:01 pm »

webadict: if an anti-town faction has received an alignment-changing ability like Lenglon's fusion ability - which is claimed to change the user's alignment to the target's alignment - what would happen if said anti-town faction used it on a town player?

Could any anti-town faction/player start this game with an alignment-swapping ability?
All alignment changing abilities (Whether changed by the user or used on the anti-Town player) fail when targeting an anti-Town alignment.

Any player can start with any ability. That's kinda the nature of the game.

Apologies for being here late. I'll wrap up the Day.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Night 2: Mafi-Oh So Dead
« Reply #1131 on: June 26, 2017, 10:18:52 pm »

I am feeling pretty sick. I apologize for the lack of anything here.

4maskwolf has been lynched.

4maskwolf was He Who Fights Monsters (mafia).

TheBiggerFish has been modkilled.

TheBiggerFish was a Flailing Penguin (mafia).

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf - Tiruin, Persus13, flabort,
flabort -
hector13 -
Jack A T -
Lenglon-Shakerag - Shakerag,
Persus13 -
Tea -
TheBiggerFish - Tea,
TheDarkStar - Jack A T,
Tiruin - Lenglon,
TolyK -
No Lynch - TolyK,

Not Voting - hector13, 4maskwolf, TheBiggerFish, TheDarkStar,

6 To Hammer. Day Ends on Monday, June 26th around 8:00 PM CST. There is no Extension available.

It is now Night. Night ends Wednesday, June 28th around 8 PM CST.

Quote from: Current Rules
Survival - The Mafiakill does not count toward the 1 action per Phase limit.

He Who Fights Monsters

(Auto) Antihero: You appear as Town to inspections. Your targets appear as Mafia to inspections.
(Night) Deflection [target1] [target2]: Redirect target1 to target2.
(Night) He Who Protects Monsters [target]: You protect the target.
(1-Shot, Mafiakill) The Monster Within [target]: Convert the target to your alignment. If this action succeeds, you die and give the player this role. You roleflip as the converted player’s role and alignment.

Flailing Penguin

You have no actions.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 09:15:35 pm by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Night 2: Mafi-Oh So Dead
« Reply #1132 on: June 28, 2017, 08:28:40 pm »

And so, endgame approaches for our final femme fatales. The pieces have been laid out. People will die today. But who? Did you take your precautions?

I'm not sure if you have. There's so little surety that you will even live through today.

We move our scene to that of the Town Square. Here we see the bodies of...

No. What happened here? Where are they? Where are Lenglon and Shakerag?! Where is Lenglon-Shakerag?!?

What is going on he--

*bzzzt*

Server: hi guys
Server: i forgot to do something before i left
Server: teehee
Game Mode has been changed to Creative-Spectator mode.
Server: see ya
Server: s
Server: u
Server: c
Server: k
Server: e
Server: r
Server: s
Server: !

... Let us see the finale.

Lenglon-Shakerag has been killed!

Lenglon-Shakerag cannot be found!

FallacyOfUrist reveals a hidden ability! The rules have changed!

Vote Count
------------------------
flabort -
hector13 -
Jack A T -
Persus13 -
Tea -
TheDarkStar -
Tiruin -
TolyK -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Jack A T, TheDarkStar, Tiruin, Persus13, Tea, TolyK,

5 To Hammer. Day Ends on Monday, June 26th around 8:00 PM CST. There is an Extension available.

It is now Day.

Quote from: Current Rules
Creative - The next Mafia Player to die revives. This ability only triggers once per game.
Spectator - The Mafiakill is a Day action.

Quote from: Hidden ability
(1-Shot) Administrative Privileges: You gain this ability on death. Select two Game Modes. This combined Game Mode lasts for the rest of the game, and overrides your previous Game Mode(s).

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 4: Server Takeover
« Reply #1133 on: June 28, 2017, 08:42:53 pm »

Well that rather strongly hints at another scum player still in the game. From the flavour it also appears like the last one.

Also, Tiruin apparently stole my vote, so that's awesome. Understandable, but still totally awesome.

I'm inclined to see Persus and TDS as Town, Tiruin and flabsy as maybe-probably, Jack a little less so 'cause of their vote on TDS toward D2 end of which I was not a fan; watcher and fracker are, imo, very easy to mix up. Not so sure about Tolyk.

That leaves Tea, and I guess me, 'cause I haven't really done anything.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 28, 2017, 08:51:33 pm »

So three of the Mafia team are dead, but the game isn't over. But the after death shenanigans seem to imply theres a Mafia player that's still alive. So there's two main possibilities here, that one Mafia player is remaining, or there are no Mafia players left and all that's left is a third party. The lack of a second kill again could support this. Or the second N1 was a one shot. At any rate, if someone is daykilled, it may clear things up.

Players left:
Tiruin- Pretty confident she's town.
flabort (Lynched and Revived Day 1)-  Probably town, or at least not Mafia-aligned.
hector13 (Died and Revived Night 2)- I haven't been able to get a good read on him. But he was targeted by a kill N2, and it was the only visible kill that night.
Jack A T - Reads town as usual, need to reread on him to make sure.
TolyK- I don't think TolyK is Mafia, but he could be a third party. I'll have to reread his reaction to webadict shooting down Everyone Wins to solidify my read on him.
Tea - I can't remember anything except they were also being frustrated by this game. I'll need to fix that
TheDarkStar- His interactions with 4maskwolf and TheBiggerFish seemed off, I'll need to reread to put my finger on why. So as he probably figured out by now, I hit him with Jack's oneshot last night

Well, I have a lot of rereading to do. See you on the other side.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 28, 2017, 08:53:56 pm »

webadict: re: the mafiakill being a day action, does that mean the mafiakill is only a day action, or can it be used during the night too?

PPE: Persus: what makes you think flabort is town?

Tiruin: this presuming you were the vote stealing person, why flabort and myself?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: June 28, 2017, 08:56:57 pm »

Quote from: hector13 link=topic=164260.msg7497975#msg7497975 date=1498701236

PPE: [b
Persus[/b]: what makes you think flabort is town?
I doubt he bussed his teammate.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 28, 2017, 08:58:04 pm »

Why not? 4mask did it to FoU when FoU was less than useless.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 28, 2017, 08:58:31 pm »

Well, he would've done, had he a vote at the time.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: June 28, 2017, 09:00:46 pm »

Why not? 4mask did it to FoU when FoU was less than useless.
4maskwolf was seen as pretty town in most people's eyes before Flabort and Shakelon voted him. Fallacy was suspicious to everyone.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 95