Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Let's Play Dominions 5 LA Abysia - The Last Sunset  (Read 12944 times)

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Dominions 5 LA Abysia - The Last Sunset
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2020, 09:08:05 pm »

Turn 28. Summer in the year 2.

Multiple battle reports came in from engagements with Man.  Our mercenaries were wiped out to the last and killed half of Selwyn's forces before they were defeated. More amphibious troops landed and retook Bhamot, not unexpected since it was left far away and defenseless.

The only real defeat was Sheddan's army. He took his cavalry and warbred units up against Selwyn himself in the Steppe of Wild Horses. Overwhelming crossbow fire and the overpowering presence of a pretender god were too much.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reports indicate that Agartha pulled back after taking that single province. The council believes they may have only been interested in a token effort on our western front. We are still ordering the army to mobilize on the eastern against them.  Cin and Wather are moving into Selwyn's lands as I write and the slayer cult is positioning agent's as rapidly as they can.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2020, 10:45:18 am »

Might be worth launching a headhunting mission against that Selwyn himself.  Not necessarily assassins (unless used en-mass), but rather a large army.  No helmet, no shield, no regen.  Sloppy sloppy.

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2020, 09:00:05 am »

The game's on a hiatus for undetermined length of time.  One of the players had some major issues come up personally.  I'll leave the thread here and pick back up if it continues in the near future.    There are about 4 missing turns of action that I was preparing to post all at once and accidently deleted.  In short, Agartha attacked me out of the blue the turn before I attacked Man, and the following turn Midgard started throwing blood rituals at my cap and raiding groups of 2-3 thugs (vine shield, frost brand). 

Currently mostly winning against Agartha, a draw on Man's front (they have one of my border forts but my army is in their heartland.  No answer for Midgard yet - I can't spare troops kitted out to kill the thugs and don't have any research for ritual shields.
Pages: 1 2 [3]