Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Manager macro generator  (Read 2036 times)

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
Manager macro generator
« on: May 31, 2017, 03:54:28 am »

A simple little program that turns plain text into clean macro for manager orders that sets the items to be produced the number of times defined, adds the required material and outputs andset it to check every month.

Basically, just type in exactly what you would type in the manager screen to get the item as the top option. Then the number of items you want produced.  Then out comes a clean macro .MAC file that you can run in the manager screen. Its very handy for all those basic orders you set up every time you start a new fort.

Get the file here.

Right now its only a very basic program (might expand it when I have more time), double click the DMMG.bat file and it should work. If not try running it trough the cmd. If you do not know how to do that you can read it about it here.

If you want some pre-gened macros look here.

Spoiler: How it started (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 10:00:47 am by hostergaard »
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
Re: Manager macro generator
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 04:10:45 am »

The code

Its very basic and hacked together over a couple of ays, I might improve on it when I have more time but I am posting the (java) code here so people can improve on it if they wish, criticize or make suggestions.

NEWEST CODE (requires bluej)

OLD CODE:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 10:06:02 am by hostergaard »
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 04:58:59 am »

Putting (int) before a character gives its ASCII value.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 05:00:37 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 11:22:42 am »

Putting (int) before a character gives its ASCII value.

Now that would have saved me a lot of work if I knew that before  ::) Thanks tough!