Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Awesomenauts (again) - Saturday morning cartoon MOBA, now free to play.  (Read 554 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

So yeah, Awesomenauts. You might have heard of it. Take a MOBA skeleton (choose one of many different heroes, head out to the battlefield with your team of other heroes against a team of yet more heroes and try to destroy their base while preventing them from doing the same to yours, buying more and more items along the way to boost your odds of winning), wrap it in a 2D action platformer shell and paint it with some nice 80s Saturday morning cartoon aesthetic.

And now make it absolutely free to play on Steam, for Windows, Mac and Linux.

Sounds like a good deal, no?
I guess I'll throw the trailer in for good measure too.

So yeah, after 5 years the game finally enters the F2P scene. If you played it before, you don't lose any of the content, and indeed gain some in the form of Fancy Medals and a Drop Pod (and all the characters and such that you had previously).

Oh yeah, now there's also A Totally Revamped Progression System™, where you level up all the characters individually (in addition to leveling up your profile) which lets you unlock the characters' specifics items and other fancy things more quickly.
You also get the new currency, Awesomepoints, that you can spend on unlocking the characters and some fancy cosmetics like portraits and drop-pods.

So yeah, go and get it. Either again, or for the first time.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile

It was pretty cool when i played it a long time ago, but it didn't seem like a lot of people were playing.  Hopefully turning this f2p will bring more people in it.