Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: neck snapping and limb tearing  (Read 1631 times)

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief! Protect the hoard from skulking filth!
    • View Profile
neck snapping and limb tearing
« on: May 26, 2017, 01:33:23 am »

like it says you can put a wrestling hold on somethings neck in adventure mode with your hand or lower or upper are and then it give the option to twist and if your strong enough it will snap or tear off the head but if not it will do damage to the skin,muscle and spine same with other limbs like a leg if you twist it could break it or tear it off if strong enough but on ankles if your not strong enough you still sprain them       
adamantine, the only material that can be honed to an edge so fine it can cut light, cleave steel like butter, and sever heads with the enthusiasm of a deranged bloodthirsty child.

Turn those goblinoid uglybolds into adorable cutebolds

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: neck snapping and limb tearing
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 07:41:08 am »

You can already joint lock and break limbs in adventure mode.

vlaslega

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 01:56:32 pm »

like it says you can put a wrestling hold on somethings neck in adventure mode with your hand or lower or upper are and then it give the option to twist and if your strong enough it will snap or tear off the head but if not it will do damage to the skin,muscle and spine same with other limbs like a leg if you twist it could break it or tear it off if strong enough but on ankles if your not strong enough you still sprain them       
You can't snap necks though, neither can you tear a limb off

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 02:43:50 pm »

this has been suggested a few times before. AFAIK it's been deemed too powerful/impossible for almost any human sized creature to do without some seriously strong muscles/very strong holds. I don't recall Toady weighing in on the matter, but you can still add [JOINT] to the neck which allows you to break it with a hold, but it is really powerful with moderate wrestling level.
If your animals aren't expendable, you could always station a dwarf or two out there?

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 07:00:00 pm »

this has been suggested a few times before. AFAIK it's been deemed too powerful/impossible for almost any human sized creature to do without some seriously strong muscles/very strong holds. I don't recall Toady weighing in on the matter, but you can still add [JOINT] to the neck which allows you to break it with a hold, but it is really powerful with moderate wrestling level.
maybe they could a counter wrestling move instead of just break free
adamantine, the only material that can be honed to an edge so fine it can cut light, cleave steel like butter, and sever heads with the enthusiasm of a deranged bloodthirsty child.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 11:49:28 pm »

I would like to see "twist" as a standard wrestling move.  The mechanics could be identical to biting/snatching and shaking, using the unused (in vanilla) torsion strength to determine resistance.

Pinching can already remove body parts if you're strong enough, but the parts don't remain in your grasp which kind of seems like a missed opportunity.

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 12:13:02 am »

I would like to see "twist" as a standard wrestling move.  The mechanics could be identical to biting/snatching and shaking, using the unused (in vanilla) torsion strength to determine resistance.

Pinching can already remove body parts if you're strong enough, but the parts don't remain in your grasp which kind of seems like a missed opportunity.
yea i want to tell my friend is ripped a horses leg off and beat a goblin to death with it or something else as cool

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 12:57:17 am »

yea i want to tell my friend is ripped a horses leg off and beat a goblin to death with it or something else as cool

You could rip his sword from your own lungs, being an undead thrall brought to unlife by a clammy, salt-slicked blood rain in a purple desert, taking the generals weapon and cutting down the cave dragon he's riding upon and then carving it mid battle while holding his hand in your mouth, taking a tooth and shoving it through his face.

Or just throw coins at him and say you're dwarven Gambit.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.