Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Plight of the Atomic : Ship Thread [IC]  (Read 21294 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Plight of the Atomic : Ship Thread [IC]
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2017, 05:10:19 pm »

((How far is the target?))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2017, 11:52:51 pm »

((How far is the target?))
((About 25m. Well-within range of the grapple-cannon.))

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2017, 02:26:39 am »

"Says the fool who boarded OUR ship, destroyed dozens of machines, and were tying to kill us! You simply don't know when to quit, do you?"

"...come to think of it, why did you even board us in the first place?"

Keep 3 Speed and 1 Reflex for dodging his disarming attempt. Try to regain my Constitution and Strength.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2017, 11:38:58 am »

"'Cause I got paid t' blow up yer ship an' not ask why. And 'cause I enjoy blowin' things up.

Now stop askin' questions."
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2017, 11:49:27 am »

Spend 3 Dex and 2 Ref, and fire my canister rifle directly at the enemy. Use the force of the weapon's firing, along with some thrusting, to begin rapidly backpedaling along the hull of the Atomic. Try to make it back to the mech hangar. I should be a bit faster than it. If it hooks onto me, use Speed to pull away.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2017, 02:30:07 am »

Spend 3 Dex and 2 Ref, and fire my canister rifle directly at the enemy. Use the force of the weapon's firing, along with some thrusting, to begin rapidly backpedaling along the hull of the Atomic. Try to make it back to the mech hangar. I should be a bit faster than it. If it hooks onto me, use Speed to pull away.

Jackson reacts to the sudden engagement by bringing his weapon to bear, aligning it with his center of gravity. It's not a particularly high-velocity weapon, so the specific momentum imparted onto LONGINUS is quite high in space--Jackson flipped the switch that says "Recoil Compensation" off.

[24 => 11] (3 => 0) (7 damage!) (deals 7 Strength loss)

The enemy mech is rather slow to maneuver, and by using his thrusters to correct Jackson is more than able to maneuver back into the hangar with ease. However, he takes a healthy dose of fire from the iron juggernaut's weapons, but everything merely pings off LONGINUS' armor.

Target is now hundreds of meters away.

Spoiler: Embarked on Mech (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy Mech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jackson's Stats (click to show/hide)

Recover the body and put on the suit. recover ref with endurance? Or wait such that my ref recovers.

Rai recovers much of his senses after the initial onrush of adrenaline elides.
He rips the suit apart (non-destructively) and replaces its occupant with himself. He is now an enemy!

Spoiler: Rai's Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Riker's Stats (click to show/hide)

"Ya' killed 10 men there boy. Men with families, men with dreams, men with hopes an' goals an' lives all cut short all so y' can live another day. Are y' proud 'f yourself? Do y' think yer life is worth more than all of those y' killed? 'Cause it ain't.

You've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk? Luck's the only thing that can save y' now."

Use 1 ammo to shoot Abelard with the PDW again, take the Megadrill, then attack him with the Megadrill (pump 3 strength).

[4 -> 3] {3 => 3 -- blocked} [Con: 0-6+2 -- no stun] Eddie lays down a hail of fire with his PDW, while Abelard swats he weapon aside with his right arm, thus leaving the drill solo-handed in the other.

Eddie makes a mad dash for the weapon, knowing Abelard won't be swift enough to bring it to bear in the heat of battle. [3 => 3] {7 => 4} Abelard's third arm snatches it out of the way, and he dashes back. Damn, better get used to that third hand screwing things up.

Spoiler: Eddie's Stats (click to show/hide)

"Says the fool who boarded OUR ship, destroyed dozens of machines, and were tying to kill us! You simply don't know when to quit, do you?"

"...come to think of it, why did you even board us in the first place?"

Keep 3 Speed and 1 Reflex for dodging his disarming attempt. Try to regain my Constitution and Strength.

Abelard avoids Eddie's attacks (see above) and recovers twice (due to two combat ticks).

[9 => 5]
[9 => 2]

Spoiler: Abelard's Stats (click to show/hide)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2017, 08:47:03 am »

"Screw this."

Toss a demo charge at Abelard using 4 dex. Use all reflex to make sure I detonate it before he has a chance to swat it away or dodge too far away from it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 01:09:35 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2017, 10:39:47 am »

oops hit quote instead of modify
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 01:09:51 pm by DolosusDoleus »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2017, 12:14:16 am »

Does this thing cover my face? If so reenter the ship, if anyone tries to talk to me hand motion to them that the suits mic isn't working, try to avoid getting tangled up in talks (spend 6 ref to do so) and explore the enemy ship in search of armories, engine rooms or cargo bays, also note any sort of diversion opportunities like fire alarm sort of things.

EDIT: Dim it considerably then.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 08:37:07 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Vuldrae

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2017, 01:04:10 am »

Ryker, who is off in the side lines, wonders what the F*** is happening when just amoment ago he was potentialy being threatened and then another person just came crashing through the wall and questions some of his life choices. then he goes towards the two strangers facing off and gets their attention: Hey wait! don't any of you shoot, Please? the two strangers take notice of Ryker. "okay" Ryker starts, "What the hell is going on, Who are you people,Where am I, and What are the marines doing here?" he asks in a frustrated tone hoping for a proper response from the two strangers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2017, 03:53:36 am »

Does this thing cover my face? If so reenter the ship, if anyone tries to talk to me hand motion to them that the suits mic isn't working, try to avoid getting tangled up in talks (spend 6 ref to do so) and explore the enemy ship in search of armories, engine rooms or cargo bays, also note any sort of diversion opportunities like fire alarm sort of things.

Visors are a bit dark indoors but you'd have to manually dim it if you want your face to be totally invisible.
The visor can dim to avoid sun glare, but the dimming action makes it actually hard to see.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2017, 11:58:24 pm »

"Machines take you, menace!"

Rush at hime and spend 6 Str and 1 Dex to 'drill' some advice into him, whil spending 2 Str and Dex on my Digitron to keep him in place. (8 Str and 3 Dex in all) with my megadrill, while frenzying.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 26, 2017, 09:38:51 am »

"Come on then! Come an' get me!"

If he gets close, use 4 strength to knock the drill out of his hands, and 4 strength to attempt to break the digitron via snapping it in half with my hands.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2017, 08:36:06 pm »

:(

Spoiler: Embarked on Mech (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy Mech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jackson's Stats (click to show/hide)

Reenter the ship, if anyone tries to talk to me hand motion to them that the suits mic isn't working, try to avoid getting tangled up in talks (spend 6 ref to do so) and explore the enemy ship in search of armories, engine rooms or cargo bays, also note any sort of diversion opportunities like fire alarm sort of things.

Rai re-enters the ship with a heavily-dimmed visor (-1 to all rolls involving sight) and enters the armory (which is right outside the airlock). He finds that the ship is almost empty, wave for waving technicians and the control bridge, whose door is closed. (Rai can't tell if it's locked without testing it and potentially attracting attention)

What his obsession with engine rooms is, no-one could tell. Nobody wants to be in the same room as a nuclear death pit.

There is an Antimatter Storage room though. Looks like having the whole storage system under pressure lets them perform maintenance more easily.

There's also a hangar room in the back, notably empty of its contents. It contains explosive weapons, piles of ammo, and oversized guns. Hmm.

It's a rather simple ship, really. There's also an algae farm and an internal airlock leading to a pressurized cargo bay. He'll have to explore the cargo bay to find out what's inside.

Spoiler: Rai's Stats (click to show/hide)

Ryker, who is off in the side lines, wonders what the F*** is happening when just amoment ago he was potentialy being threatened and then another person just came crashing through the wall and questions some of his life choices. then he goes towards the two strangers facing off and gets their attention: Hey wait! don't any of you shoot, Please? the two strangers take notice of Ryker. "okay" Ryker starts, "What the hell is going on, Who are you people,Where am I, and What are the marines doing here?" he asks in a frustrated tone hoping for a proper response from the two strangers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The two men continue to do battle. Riker nearly screams as he expects a torrent of blood from the armored guy's side, but it seems his armor is holding up quite well...

It will take a dramatic intervention to make these two stop, it seems. Neither is willing to let up.

Spoiler: Riker's Stats (click to show/hide)

"Come on then! Come an' get me!"

If he gets close, use 4 strength to knock the drill out of his hands, and 4 strength to attempt to break the digitron via snapping it in half with my hands.

Eddie's assailant lunges at him with The Amazing Digitron™, (5 => 1) [7 => 4] while Eddie turns, deftly moving his body out of the way and grabbing the metal arm in order to ruin Abelard's balance.

The metal arm detaches in safety mode to prevent Abelard from getting grabbed. He'll have to spend an action to put it back on.

Abelard then rushes forward, with Eddie preparing a counterattack [Abelard scores 7, 7 => 3]. However he is soon overtaken by the overpowering viridian robed figure, who swings the drill with such tremendous force that the whirling death rips a gaping hole in his flak armor.

[Recovery: 10-7 => 0]
[Recovery: 10-7 => 0]

Spoiler: Eddie's Stats (click to show/hide)

"Machines take you, menace!"

Rush at hime and spend 6 Str and 1 Dex to 'drill' some advice into him, whil spending 2 Str and Dex on my Digitron to keep him in place. (8 Str and 3 Dex in all) with my megadrill, while frenzying.

(See above for a more dramatic representation)

[5 => 1] Abelard tries to immobilize Eddie to negate his ability to spend speed. His opponent counter-grapples and rips off his digitron, though it actually just detached itself and can be recovered in a single turn if you choose not to attack.
[17 => 7] Abelard drills some sense into the opposition. His damage is reduced by 3, and the target's armor absorbs 1.

Spoiler: Abelard's Stats (click to show/hide)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 30, 2017, 02:07:04 am »

Abelard snapped his head to the bystander. "HEY! HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!"

Hold up the metal plate I grabbed earlier, and grab the digitron with my other arm. Try to regen str, and devote 1-2 strength to blocking if I do.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 04:02:33 am by HighEndNoob »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11