Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Plight of the Atomic : Ship Thread [IC]  (Read 21308 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Plight of the Atomic : Ship Thread [IC]
« Reply #150 on: July 30, 2017, 11:22:14 am »

Yell towards the bystander as well!

"Thi' man is a pirate! Th' lowest of th' low! Scum to th' likes f' you! Even worse than th' likes f' me! F' you help me, you'll have th' thanks f' the Navy! F' you help him, he'll stab y' in th' back once y' kill me! Make yer choice now!"

Spend 3 dexterity to dodge the disarming attempt, and 3 reflex to quickly jump back and respond with a point-blank grenade shot, expending 1 ammo.

Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2017, 07:47:47 pm »

"You attacked and boarded our ship, and tried to kill us, all supposedly for some money, and we're the pirates?"
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2017, 07:49:20 pm »

Spend 3 dexterity to dodge the disarming attempt.

((I don't see a disarming attempt in his post, unless you mean you want to hang on to the digitron. That'd mean you can only use one-handed weapons without a -1 penalty.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2017, 08:13:17 pm »

Enter the hangar, and use the speakers to signal my ally to close the hangar doors. If he doesn't react, hop out of LONGINUS and do it myself. If the enemy mech is too close for the doors to sufficiently close on it, use the wall of the hangar as cover and fire a few shots of the Pulsed Particle Rifle at my opponent - No extra stats expended.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2017, 09:38:22 pm »

Spend 3 dexterity to dodge the disarming attempt.

((I don't see a disarming attempt in his post, unless you mean you want to hang on to the digitron. That'd mean you can only use one-handed weapons without a -1 penalty.))

Yeah, that.

"You attacked and boarded our ship, and tried to kill us, all supposedly for some money, and we're the pirates?"

"See thi' armor? See thi' gun? Navy! Why would th' navy be attackin' a ship f' it weren't a pirate ship? An' I'd like t' point out it was you who made th' first shot wi' that mech out there! Don't take th' high ground, y' got none t' stand on!"
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 31, 2017, 01:35:32 am »

"Yes, after BOARDING US, you invasive lout!"
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2017, 11:27:39 am »

"I ain't gonna spend any more time arguin' wi' a man who won't listen t' reason. Either I kill you, or y' kill me. Then we'll see who's right."

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2017, 06:18:19 pm »

Is there any interior cameras? Head to the armory and look for any remote explosives I can find also look for any ship-wide broadcasting device.

Maybe I can convince them of a take over, that is, that they have been taken over.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 03, 2017, 01:06:28 am »

Enter the hangar, and use the speakers to signal my ally to close the hangar doors. If he doesn't react, hop out of LONGINUS and do it myself.
If the enemy mech is too close for the doors to sufficiently close on it, use the wall of the hangar as cover and fire a few shots of the Pulsed Particle Rifle at my opponent - No extra stats expended.

(NPC'ified) Rhodes meets you on the deck, having learned to use the gantry to pick up equipment. He's finally made himself useful.
He closes the hangar doors after you turn on the speakers, projecting your voice with a characteristic echo caused by your voice rebounding in the cockpit.

Now within the refuge of the hangar, you grab a spare fuel tank, and hear a loud banging on the hangar door. Rhodes rushes to get a spacesuit.

Spoiler: Embarked on Mech (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy Mech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jackson's Stats (click to show/hide)

Is there any interior cameras? Head to the armory and look for any remote explosives I can find also look for any ship-wide broadcasting device.

Maybe I can convince them of a take over, that is, that they have been taken over.

It seems like a pretty small ship. There are no cameras in sight though it's not above the navy to use hidden ones in order to raise morale without compromising security.

That said, the presence of hidden cameras would restrict your options. Quite a bit.

[3 +> 0] [three 1's] Backtracking to the armory you grab some breaching charges off the wall, and their detonators.
However, in the process of securing the heavy ordnance you are stumbled upon by the repair tech, who came back with a nice welding kit and an electric buzzsaw.

"Whaa..." he stammers hesitantly, catching you in the act.

Spoiler: Rai's Stats (click to show/hide)

:(

Spoiler: Riker's Stats (click to show/hide)

"Thi' man is a pirate! Th' lowest of th' low! Scum to th' likes f' you! Even worse than th' likes f' me! F' you help me, you'll have th' thanks f' the Navy! F' you help him, he'll stab y' in th' back once y' kill me! Make yer choice now!"

Spend 3 dexterity to dodge the disarming attempt, and 3 reflex to quickly jump back and respond with a point-blank grenade shot, expending 1 ammo.

Abelard makes no attempt to deprive you of the metal arm he is holding. Good, he won't be able to abuse two-handed weapon mechanics anymore. He holds up the plate of the wall he hewed out earlier,

[Regen: 10 => 4 recovered]

You then lob a grenade directly at him. [8 --> 1] The fuse trips, and it bounces harmlessly off the metal plate. Damn.

Spoiler: Eddie's Stats (click to show/hide)

Abelard snapped his head to the bystander. "HEY! HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!"

Hold up the metal plate I grabbed earlier, and grab the digitron with my other arm. Try to regen str, and devote 1-2 strength to blocking if I do.

Eddie backs off, giving you a chance to pick up the metal piece of the wall from before. You hear a loud thud, the sound of another grenade being launched, but this time you feel a high note in your bones as the metal plate rings off of the impact.

[Regen: 9 => 3]
[Regen: 9 => 6]

Spoiler: Abelard's Stats (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2017, 04:04:44 am »

"We ran into another choke point, these will open her up. The walls I mean." Raioyris explains without pausing his actions. Put 6 ref into this convincing.

"And I don't think we'd mind if these killed some pirate assholes too."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]