Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Plight of the Atomic : Ship Thread [IC]  (Read 21324 times)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Plight of the Atomic : Ship Thread [IC]
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2017, 10:58:25 pm »

"Perfect. Now then, aid me in my trip to to other horribly inefficiently placed hab structure."

Get in the suit and use it to jump across to the other habitat.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2017, 11:17:38 pm »

Jackson plugs in the Atomic Tag.

"Let the whole world- uhh... local solar area, know of our existence, and fear."

Command accepted. Configuring transponder... the screen says with a ping.

Fantastic! Now to wait for their terrified reaction...

You notice the navy cruiser is decelerating.

"Perfect. Now then, aid me in my trip to to other horribly inefficiently placed hab structure."

Get in the suit and use it to jump across to the other habitat.

Abelard hops out the airlock and jets across to the other hab.
During his short voyage, he sees a large glowing pinpoint of light come from behind the ship. What could it be?

At the other hab, he finds a spiral staircase leading downward (he embarks on the inner face of the hab). The factory should be all the way at the bottom, but in the meantime there are lots of rooms he could check out. It's like a giant cheap motel, not unlike the station he was used to.

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2017, 11:57:07 pm »

"There's bound to be many, many machines to get advice from! Now where to start?"

Begin exploring the rooms, giving them a once over for particularly notable items, before making my way to the factory.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2017, 05:17:40 pm »

Is this a kind of problem a rod and clothes hanger would fix? Rai looks for a Rad suit.

((Did I get to keep that SMG?))
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 01:47:38 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2017, 07:21:36 pm »

Rhodes would approach the back of the room, holding his nose, and try to find the source of that terrible smell.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2017, 12:34:02 pm »

Jackson stands up.

"That should do it. Might want to get ready for an 'inspection', pals."

He then proceeds to the mech hangar.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2017, 08:30:22 pm »

Is this a kind of problem a rob and clothes hanger would fix? Rai looks for a Rad suit.

((Did I get to keep that SMG?))

Hm, it'd be worth finding out. It'd be awful to float around a suit made of lead though.
...he can't find any inside the airlock. He'll need to search somewhere else specifically to find one.

Rai checks to make sure the SMG stays magnetically attached to his space-belt. It's pretty secure.

(*A note about the SMG in your inventory (below)
When attacking, you may choose to spend Shots to roll extra dice per. You can spend 0 and still shoot the weapon, but if you want to use the bonuses again it takes a full turn to refill. Infinite ammo for now.)

Spoiler: Rai's Stats (click to show/hide)

Jackson stands up.

"That should do it. Might want to get ready for an 'inspection', pals."

He then proceeds to the mech hangar.

The mech hangar is in the other hab. Jackson puts on a spacesuit again and begins his journey through space.

On his way across the ship's span, he notices an extremely bright star shining behind the ship. It wasn't there before.

Better be quick about it.
He re-entered pressurized space, keeping his space suit on, and made his way down to the mech hangar via a fast elevator (read: a handlebar to grab onto, and a platform to step on).

There was one warmachine in the mech bay. But it was quite a sight.

((Notes))
(limited ammunition) means that the weapon cannot fire without remaining Shots. It does not gain 3 free rolls when attacking.
(no reload) means that the user does not store additional ammo for the weapon
(Armor: 4) reduces all damage taken per attack by 4
(AP 2) means that the weapon ignores 2 of the opponent's armor
Spoiler: Mech Hangar (1/4) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jackson's Stats (click to show/hide)

Rhodes would approach the back of the room, holding his nose, and try to find the source of that terrible smell.

Holding his nose made it difficult to use triangulation... [3 > 1] but fortunately the answer was plainly obvious, and only thinly-masked. A bookshelf, slid a few inches to the side, hides a secret door in the dividing wall between this room and the next.

And on the other side, Rhodes found a brightly-lit room lined with test tubes, beakers, tubes of chemicals, lab equipment... and plastic-wrapped packets of white powder stacked against the . A hot plate lay on one of two slate benches, left on long ago. Its contents are a black paste that's long-since smoldered away, but the smell remains.

Spoiler: Rhodes' Stats (click to show/hide)

"There's bound to be many, many machines to get advice from! Now where to start?"

Begin exploring the rooms, giving them a once over for particularly notable items, before making my way to the factory.

Abelard finds that most of the rooms are pasted in a layer of dirt over a layer of plastic wrapping that covers the floor and walls. There is also a layer of plastic wrap stretched out over the dirt. They smell horribly rotten, and the whole hab would smell just the same if the doors weren't airtight.
He finds one room where, instead of the dirt, there are wheeled carts loaded with boxes of seeds and pietri dishes. He finds a bio-analyzer configured to check for bio-signs in the air.
All of the wheeled stuff has magnetized wheels, and all of the boxes are strapped to the cart tops and/or magnetically held.

The factory floor is likewise heavily magnetized. There is a workshop section where people can work with their hands, and then there's an automated manufactory section where 3d-printers, mills, and laser cutters work their magic. There is a centrifuge used for powder-bed manufacturing, though currently dormant.
There is also machinery present for fabricating circuit boards. It is a true paradise.

Spoiler: Abelard's Stats (click to show/hide)

A raucous alarm woke him up. It took some time, however, owing to his dulled senses.

He was used to loud noises time to time.

This man's name was Eddie Redford. Hired by Rhondeim's navy to help bust an underground trafficking ring buried in the colony's outer surface, he hadn't expected to wake up so soon. Now the ship was rumbling with the sound her antimatter-fusion engines.
Now a child-sized droid, rattling across the grated floor on a magnetic sphere, chirped at his bedside holding up a tablet.

"Mr. Redford! Mr. Redford! Boarding action!"" it asks you. The tablet shows a picture of a ship with a large monolithic protrusion on the front. You recognize it--it's called a Shard, and it projects Filaments which are often used as a sort of energy shield. A strong asset in ranged combat.
Your ship lacks one, rather unfortunately.

(*A note about the PDW in your inventory (below)
When attacking, you may choose to spend Shots to roll extra dice per. You can spend 0 and still shoot the weapon, but if you want to use the bonuses again it takes a full turn to refill. Infinite ammo for now.)

Spoiler: Eddie's Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:55:17 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2017, 08:45:30 pm »

"Well, well, well. This will do just nicely.

Now... how the hell do I use you."

Jackson enters the cockpit of the Mech (Assuming I don't need keys), and attempts to call upon his memory of Aliens to remember how to pilot a mech. He tries it out a bit, moving around the bay, and attacking the air with his lance.

((So, I'm actually playing Starbound 1.3 at the moment, and the sight of this mech makes me a little giddy.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2017, 09:25:55 pm »

"Ooh la la. Was somebody on this ship running a little "business on the side"?"

Rhodes would inspect the space meth lab, trying to figure out 1. what exactly the powder is, 2. if it's super valuable, and 3. if there's a handy formula to make whatever it is lying around.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2017, 12:20:22 am »

Eddie yawns, running his fingers over his scalp. Groggily, he glances at the screen. "Now what's this then? This don't look no good at all."

To battle stations! Attempt to acquire some sort of personal armor en route.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 04:16:57 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2017, 01:30:49 am »

*sniff* "It's beautiful."

Go into the hand-working area and examine the tools available.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2017, 10:49:35 pm »

Rai just stares.

That new star in the sky just got a lot bigger. He's starting to make it out... it looks kind of like a ship. The engines are constant instead of pulsing, and there's no steadily-rising radiation level like you'd expect from antimatter. Perhaps they're being good neighbors to the colony using their cold thrusters instead of the maindrive.
Things would have been much simpler if they just sliced the Atomic in half with their antimatter drive.

Spoiler: Rai's Stats (click to show/hide)

"Well, well, well. This will do just nicely.

Now... how the hell do I use you."

Jackson enters the cockpit of the Mech (Assuming I don't need keys), and attempts to call upon his memory of Aliens to remember how to pilot a mech. He tries it out a bit, moving around the bay, and attacking the air with his lance.

((So, I'm actually playing Starbound 1.3 at the moment, and the sight of this mech makes me a little giddy.))

(Glad to hear. I haven't touched Starbound in a while.)

Jackson finds a set of keys (it's more like a fob), but it's locked inside an acrylic box at the base of the mech's refueling station. However, the keys to the box of keys were left inserted into the box.

He grabs one of the fobs and presses the button to have the mech kneel. Conveyors on the floor distance it from the refueling station, and soon enough the 4-meter-tall robot kneels down to allow entrance.

Jackson hops inside.

The first thing he notices is that this mech relies quite heavily on the user to counterbalance its movements. All the while, a notice on the screen tells him "Pilot Compensation Suit Disconnected"
Regardless of the warnings, it seems he is able to control it, and manages to stumble a few meters forward, before falling over and catching himself with LONGINUS' arms. [3 => 0] ((He takes a Power 3 hit: 3 => 1, and then resists: 3 => 2))
Next, next, he attempts to swing the Lance of Longinus, a 5m long drill-tipped spear with a telescoping handle. He catches himself off-guard by the sheer weight of the weapon, and fails to compensate for the swing propertly, causing LONGINUS to fall forward once more. [3 => 1]

(Because you aren't currently trained, you will need to roll for properly controlling the mech, in addition to rolling for the mech's actions. You can spend Dex or Reflex to have more than a 50% chance of passing the command correctly. Spending 1 gives a 70% chance, spending 2 gives an 80% chance)

Spoiler: Jackson's Stats (click to show/hide)

"Ooh la la. Was somebody on this ship running a little "business on the side"?"

Rhodes would inspect the space meth lab, trying to figure out 1. what exactly the powder is, 2. if it's super valuable, and 3. if there's a handy formula to make whatever it is lying around.

3. He finds a cheat sheet, composed of twelve pages stapled to each other and pinned to the wall. It diagrams a process of 72 unique steps, with additional steps that involve repeating previous steps (but with a different product).

2. It must be, given the great lengths to produce it.
Rhodes opens a drawer and finds a notebook filled with what look like "Product Orders." There are columns for a "Destination," a "Source," and a "Fence."
Fences are given nicknames like 'Watchdog' and 'Frankenstein.' There's a machine-readable QR code next to each fence.
Sources refer to place-names, most likely. Rhodes is familiar with "Helmgard Bank," a rather seedy establishment in the Freon Trojans where people trade all manners of high-risk securities.
Destinations are given by triple initials.

The price-per-quantity varies based on the recipient, but... man... a pound of this stuff is probably enough to retire. The exact payment however is in cryptocurrency and is marked with an asterisk to indicate the value is subject to change.

1. Dioxyhydrogenated Nitrofullerite Aether. Not a clue.
There are lots of unfulfilled orders, however, due in the next 1-2 years. Perhaps one of these "customers" can tell him.

Spoiler: Rhodes' Stats (click to show/hide)

*sniff* "It's beautiful."

Go into the hand-working area and examine the tools available.

Abelard finds racks of portable tools: grinders, drills, saws, torches, welding kits, soldering kits, the usual. The crew should be able to construct scaffolds, repair machinery, and build new devices.
There are also tools for making guns, such as a manual drill for boring out barrels.

Spoiler: Abelard's Stats (click to show/hide)

Somewhere in a certain cargo bay, a silent hiss went off. Spots and phosphenes filled his vision, 'till a blurry and distorted world swirled in to fill the gaps.

Riker woke up. It was much like having a long dream, except he had no idea how long it had been since he'd set course for the planet Freon in search of finer culinary stock.
Something wasn't right, though. He sat up, lifting the huge cover off the cryopod, and immediately found himself short of breath. No matter how much he gasped, no breath could satisfy his lungs screaming for oxygen.

He quickly snapped his helmet on, but found the emergency oxygen supply didn't help. The culprit was low pressure--he had to put his suit on.

Dragging it out of a compartment underneath the gel-filled crypod, he slipped inside and connected the neck joints to complete the seal. The suit began a repressurization routine to calm his vital signs and help him recover.

He found that intruders had been aboard his ship. They stole his SMG and the spray he used to groom his fur, but they didn't steal his pistol or his ship computer, which lay on the front dashboard.
Out of the canopy, he saw nothing but darkness. Either his mothership had been disabled, or his shuttle, the ship he was currently on, was taken somewhere else. Somewhere dark.

Spoiler: Riker's Stats (click to show/hide)

Eddie yawns, running his fingers over his scalp. Groggily, he glances at the screen. "Now what's this then? This don't look no good at all."

To battle stations! Attempt to acquire some sort of personal armor en route.

"It's not! It's not! But the captain says it's attacking a cargo ship! He says he needs you to help the breacher team!"

Eddie hops into his own personal suit made of fiber mesh, with carbon heatshield plates that double as extra protection.
He then swings down into the hallway, running past the bridge compartment on his way to pick up the rest of his gear. This ship has awfully cramped quarters.

Speaking of the bridge--

"Oi! I've gotta speak with you for a moment, Mr. Redford," says the captain, stepping into Eddie's path for a moment, then retreating out of courtesy.
"It's T-minus two minutes till we get into melee. Got the drop on those suckers since they're so close, and there's no way they're turning that big hulk around in time. That said, I hope you noticed that it's a fair bit bigger than we are..."

The short, stubby, colony-raised official looks up at you through his spectacles. He looks like he never slapped someone in his life, let alone killed a man with his bare hands.

"You know these marines... they were expecting a surprise attack on a bunch of crackheads. They weren't expecting this at all. You think you can give them a good shakeup?"

Spoiler: Eddie's Stats (click to show/hide)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2017, 11:58:18 pm »

"So many machines here. I can hear their singing clear as day. I wonder if they worked on any weapons but were left half-finished?"

Look for any partially-finished weapons left around the factory, ones that might be quickly finished.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2017, 12:07:10 am »

"F' course I can sir. Let's get to it then."

Follow the officer to the marines. Before starting off on my pep-talk, break into a grin at the assembled soldiers.

"Men! I s'pose this is the point where I'm givin y'all a shake-up, a prep for this here mission. Well, I ain't gonna giva ya a talk on trustin' yer instincts or how yer all strong men of the navy. Y'all right now, you just hafta know one thing.

These are pirates, gentlemen. You are soldiers. I guess that's two things really but whatever. The point is that each f' you, yer trained and you know what yer doin', while th' idiots on that other ship prolly don' have a goddamn clue what to do right now. As long as th' lot f' you don't do nothing stupid, victory is pretty much assured!"

Flash another crooked grin.

"And y'all got me, watchin' yer backs. So there's nothin' to worry about anyway! So let's go in, kick some ass, and blow the whole place t' hell n' back! Who's with me?"
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:14:25 am by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2017, 06:32:53 am »

Jackson looks around the mech bay for any kind of suit or container that might hold a suit. If he sees one, he dismounts and investigates. If not, he continues practicing, especially on his balance.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11