Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Plight of the Atomic : Ship Thread [IC]  (Read 21213 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Plight of the Atomic : Ship Thread [IC]
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2017, 07:17:22 pm »

Rhodes would observe the marines for a bit longer, waiting to see if they go to a Plan B. If nothing interesting happens, he'll head for the Fighter Hangar and go that way.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Vuldrae

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2017, 10:02:27 pm »

Ryker wonders what was going on. But he desperately needed help and answer so he tries getting the attention of the space Marines but with his hands up to show he means no harm

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2017, 04:03:26 pm »

Any goodies in the mech hanger? If not than take a walk. Walk towards action.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2017, 05:55:35 pm »

"...really? Already we're invaded? These machines just get no break."

Get back into the ship and head down to where there will be useful heavy ordinance, AKA the mech hanger.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2017, 06:58:26 pm »

Any goodies in the mech hanger? If not than take a walk. Walk towards action.

Raioyris takes to space, bringing his weapons with him. Time for some action.

Jackson flies overhead in a jetpack mecha. Good, that'll keep them occupied.

However, they are a fair distance away. Hundreds of meters.

Spoiler: Rai's Stats (click to show/hide)

Jackson braces himself, then fires five SRM missiles at the Marines' ship. He then dips back into the Mech Hangar.

Drifting through space, Jackson fires the rocket pod. (defaulting to 3 shots) [3 -> 1x2] The ship's side is completely ravaged. Using the scope, he spots gas leaks and gashes in the outer hull. However, the marines on the orther side are unharmed, and they pop out, showering Jackson's mech with a hail of fire.
[10 --> 1] Rounds ping off his armor. However, he hasn't seemed to put much of a dent in their armor.

He fires the jets and returns to the mech hangar, consuming 3 fuel.

(That wasn't very effective because you only fired 3 shots. In the future, you should spend points to boost your attacks)

Spoiler: Embarked on Mech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jackson's Stats (click to show/hide)

Rhodes would observe the marines for a bit longer, waiting to see if they go to a Plan B. If nothing interesting happens, he'll head for the Fighter Hangar and go that way.

The marines take up a defensive position. Explosions occur on the other side of the ship--from a source Rhodes can't exactly see, but he'd probably welcome the help nonetheless. Navy ships wouldn't explode for no reason.
At the moment, they're entirely distracted, their attention focused toward the other side of the Atomic.

Spoiler: Rhodes' Stats (click to show/hide)

"...really? Already we're invaded? These machines just get no break."

Get back into the ship and head down to where there will be useful heavy ordinance, AKA the mech hanger.

The mech hangar is empty.

However, judging by the ripped-open closet filled with mech suits and a single clothes hangar, it wasn't always empty.
Rockets, ammo, and explosives line the walls in ammo crates. Spare weapons, too. These weapons are all mech-sized, twice as big as what a man can carry, but they could be mounted and turned into emplacements if necessary.

There's a Vulcan Cannon (close range, extremely high volume of fire), a Missile Pod (long range), a Pulsed Particle Cannon (mid-range, high AP), and a Canister Rifle (AoE short ranged).

Spoiler: Abelard's Stats (click to show/hide)

Ryker wonders what was going on. But he desperately needed help and answer so he tries getting the attention of the space Marines but with his hands up to show he means no harm

The marines keep their weapons pointed at Riker, but suddenly an explosion envelopes the side of their vessel. They're too busy at the moment to do anything with regard to Riker.

Spoiler: Riker's Stats (click to show/hide)

"Awright boys, that prolly got them's attention! I wan' the lot f' ya t' extend out around this area here, an' shoot anyone who gets close! They've got t' come t' us now!"

Have the marines assume a defensive position on the side of the ship. I will take cover by a nearby bulkhead. Standing orders are to shoot anyone who gets near.

The marines set up as follows:

In the case of a flank, this would prove to be a disastrous positioning. However, when you feel the ground rattling beneath your feet, and turn around to see the police cruiser drifting back after a hit, shrapnel dispersing silently into space, you know only that you made the correct choice.
The cruiser is still attached to the superstructure, but you'd need to travel to the other side of it to assess the damage.

[Marines Defend in Heavy Cover: 3+3 => -4 damage taken] [2 damage -4 = 0]
The marines, peer over the rim of the ship to return fire. "Enemy armor!" they scream into the radio. One of them drifts over to get your attention.
"Sir, we need heavy ordnance to bring it down. There's a rail rifle and a grenade projector inside the armory on the other side of the ship. We'll cover you!"

If you go to retrieve the heavy weapons, you'll have to drift into space out of cover.

((You have 2 Command Points, gained as a reward for saving the lives of your men. You can spend these to boost the Marines' attacks/actions, or reserve them to boost their defense))

Spoiler: Eddie's Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 07:02:13 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2017, 07:54:00 pm »

((So I spend stat points, and they are gone forever? Or is it a system similar to Fields of Magic Murder, where "Magic" or in this case stats, regenerate over time?

Also, when in Mech, do I spend the Mech's stats to augment my attacks, or my own? I noticed the Mech has its own stats, after all. Also, if I wanted to boost my 20x SRM Rack, I would use stat points, but which ones?))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2017, 12:39:19 am »

((So I spend stat points, and they are gone forever? Or is it a system similar to Fields of Magic Murder, where "Magic" or in this case stats, regenerate over time?

Also, when in Mech, do I spend the Mech's stats to augment my attacks, or my own? I noticed the Mech has its own stats, after all. Also, if I wanted to boost my 20x SRM Rack, I would use stat points, but which ones?))

((A general rundown of the mechanics are in the second post in the IC thread. You regenerate stats over time. Keep in mind that stats don't benefit you UNTIL you spend them.
Your Endurance determines how many stat points you recover, whenever you either don't attack in combat, or 15 minutes passes in game time

The SRM has ammo, so you can spend more ammo to boost it. On the other hand, you can spend your own Dex to represent aiming better, or your own Reflex to represent aiming for weak points. You don't need to burn ammo if you don't want to. However if there are no weak points and you're at point blank, you won't be able to justify spending either, so in that case burning ammo is the only option.

The mech can't spend its Dex or Ref for shooting attacks, because it's not the one doing the aiming (it would be a different matter if you found a targeting chip). Those are mostly there for melee combat, whenever you get around to mech vs mech melee combat.))
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 04:13:56 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2017, 08:01:52 am »

Jackson once again pops his mech out and, if the marines are still visible, fires another 3 missiles, spending 2 dex to aid them with their aiming. If they are not visible, he instead fires 3 missiles at the ship, spending 2 ref and 1 dex to make sure that the ship takes critical damage.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2017, 08:57:00 am »

"Awright! Men, hold out here 'till I get back!"

Pump 2 dex to quickly and nimbly maneuver to the armory, and grab the grenade launcher.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2017, 04:28:13 am »

Slink on over. I want to see what I'm getting into before I expose myself.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2017, 02:38:08 pm »

"Hmm... these machines may prove helpful still."

Spend 2 Reflex to set up the Vulcan in a good defensive spot as an emplacement with cover.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2017, 12:35:32 am »

Slink on over. I want to see what I'm getting into before I expose myself.

[Stealth: 3 +> 2] Rai manages to climb onto the other side of the ship, mand uses the superstructure to block line of sight. He notices a very large-framed figure in the now-opened cargo bay, wielding a pistol and raising his hands.

Spoiler: Rai's Stats (click to show/hide)

Jackson once again pops his mech out and, if the marines are still visible, fires another 3 missiles, spending 2 dex to aid them with their aiming. If they are not visible, he instead fires 3 missiles at the ship, spending 2 ref and 1 dex to make sure that the ship takes critical damage.

One of them dives into view in order to re-enter the ship. Jackson decides not to let that happen. He lets forth a barrage of missiles, [5 -> 2x2 = 4] striking a hit on the side of the enemy vessel. However it's unclear whether or not there's a hit. There's no voluminous spray of blood as expected from fragmentation warheads detonating against soft flesh. Then again, blood probably wouldn't stay liquid in space...

The baddies retaliate by crawling out of cover on the other side of the ship and firing useless shots at you. [10 --> 2][3 => 0][Damage: 2-4 < 0] Useless, because you're in a big robot, not necessarily because they wouldn't harm your friends.

Speaking of which, during the conflict, you notice Abelard operating out of a makeshift bunker next to the airlock. It's even got a heavy machine gun waiting to fire. This should be great.

Spoiler: Embarked on Mech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jackson's Stats (click to show/hide)

:(

Spoiler: Rhodes' Stats (click to show/hide)

"Hmm... these machines may prove helpful still."

Spend 2 Reflex to set up the Vulcan in a good defensive spot as an emplacement with cover.

[5 => 2] Abelard sets his drill aside for drilling, and gets to work strapping together a shield to mount on the front, fashioning a tripod from spare pistons and a wrench, and shoving piles of ammo out into the airlock to fuel his beast with. The man is resourceful, and a tad bit crazy.

((Note for below: Fire Rate x3 means that you throw 3 dice for every unit of ammo and stat point you burn))
He is now operating a Vulcan Cannon (50/50) (x3 fire rate) (100m range) (overheats if firing more than 3 rounds, disabling for a turn) behind Makeshift Cover (+2 armor except to head) in space.
The marines are taking cover behind their ship, but a good burst from an automatic will suppress them. Your teammate is overhead, floating around in a mecha sending rockets their way--but the nature of his attacks gives much margin to duck out of cover and issue retaliatory plinking.

Spoiler: Abelard's Stats (click to show/hide)

:(

Spoiler: Riker's Stats (click to show/hide)

"Awright! Men, hold out here 'till I get back!"

Pump 2 dex to quickly and nimbly maneuver to the armory, and grab the grenade launcher.

Eddie hops into view, taking the time to observe twelve missiles heading his way. He swoops into the armory and screws the hatch shut just as they strike, narrowly avoiding certain death.

Turing around, he exits the inner airlock door to the armory. His space suit gives some kind of pressure warning. Perhaps it's depressurized inside the ship due to damage from the missiles.

Something happened.

He retrieves the grenade launcher. Inside the armory there's a repair tech, not wearing a helmet, just staring at Eddie obtusely.

2 Command Points
[5 => 3][6][4-3 damage taken to head = -1 CON]

Spoiler: Eddie's Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 02:52:01 am by _DivideByZero_ »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2017, 08:48:16 am »

"Men! Get away from th' goddamn mech! You can't do nothin t' it!"

Spend 1 command to make my men take a tactical retreat away from the mech, and attempt to breach another airlock.

Pump another 2 dex to get back over to the pirate ship, taking potshots at the mech with my grenade launcher along the way.

((Do I get stats for the grenade launcher?))
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 08:56:29 am by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2017, 05:34:13 pm »

((Do I get stats for the grenade launcher?))

The repair tech motions toward his own head before Eddie switches gears and contacts his men over the radio.

The mech is 600 meters away.

((Here you go.
Manual Reload means that you roll to reload, reloading 1 per Hit.
The grenade launcher itself has unlimited ammo, but you can consume Shots to boost damage further))

Grenade Projector (6/6) (x2 damage) (Manual Reload) (100m)
->Large blast: +4 to direct impact, +2 within 5m, +0 within 10m
->Scatters: For the first 3 dice rolled: if you roll a [1], it scatters 5% of the distance to the target, and if you roll two [1]'s, it scatters 10%.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2017, 08:56:10 pm »

"Not so brave with a large mech in the way, now are they?"

Fire a simple burst to suppress the marines behind the ship.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11