Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Plight of the Atomic : Ship Thread [IC]  (Read 21322 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Plight of the Atomic : Ship Thread [IC]
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2017, 08:58:53 pm »

Jackson fires his remaining missiles at the marine if he dives out of cover again, spending 2 more dexterity and 1 reflex to ensure that the missiles hit, and close enough to do damage. If the marine does not poke out of cover, he returns to the mech bay and looks around for either more missile ammunition or different armaments that he might swap to.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2017, 04:31:44 pm »

Rhodes, throwing caution to the wind, would head out into space and start creeping towards the marine ship, hoping that they're too busy being exploded to look in his direction.

(just got back from a week in the mountains, sorry!)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2017, 01:52:09 am »

Sneak past. This guy doesn't seem very important. Where's all this action that can be felt/heard?
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Vuldrae

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2017, 04:12:20 pm »

ryker notices someone ( wunderkatze) sneaking past, with the marines distracted, he follows the path of the stranger and sneaks away from the marines

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2017, 03:16:12 am »

Jackson fires his remaining missiles at the marine if he dives out of cover again, spending 2 more dexterity and 1 reflex to ensure that the missiles hit, and close enough to do damage. If the marine does not poke out of cover, he returns to the mech bay and looks around for either more missile ammunition or different armaments that he might swap to.

Adjusting his aim, Jackson waits for a response from the marines. He dives out of cover again, and so Jackson fires in response. [6 -> 4x2]

The missiles engulf the target area. However, since vacuum does not transmit shockwaves at all, it seems that it's quite difficult to kill that bugger. Looks like he's wearing a flak suit or something, because you spot him thrusting around into space and behind the Atomic's support pylon.'

Jackson spots someone in a pirate spacesuit creeping up to the Navy cruiser. Rhodes, or perhaps Abelard?

Spoiler: Embarked on Mech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jackson's Stats (click to show/hide)

Rhodes, throwing caution to the wind, would head out into space and start creeping towards the marine ship, hoping that they're too busy being exploded to look in his direction.

((No problem, though it would be helpful if you told me beforehand next time ;) .))

[3 => 2] Rhodes sneaks over to the navy ship. The marines are actually gone to go breach the Atomic, while the navy cruiser is full of holes and looks like it will need repair. Rhodes could imagine taking a repair tech hostage, if he was willing to go that far.

Spoiler: Rhodes' Stats (click to show/hide)

"Not so brave with a large mech in the way, now are they?"

Fire a simple burst to suppress the marines behind the ship.

[3+5 vs 3+6 = You fail constitution] Abelard unleashes havoc. [9 --> 2] [3 => 2, they dodge] Most of the fire goes into space, of course, and tracers sparkle across the vacuum of space as they ricochet harmlessly off the ship's hull.

Spoiler: Abelard's Stats (click to show/hide)

Sneak past. This guy doesn't seem very important. Where's all this action that can be felt/heard?

It's on the other side of the ship. Rai catches a glimpse of the marines setting up a breaching charge and, with a yellow flash, punching their way into the ship. His ship.

(see below)

Spoiler: Rai's Stats (click to show/hide)

ryker notices someone ( wunderkatze) sneaking past, with the marines distracted, he follows the path of the stranger and sneaks away from the marines

[3 => 3] Riker's black suit allows him to blend into the background of stars, and soon he creeps up on Rai, whose attention was focused elsewhere.

Spoiler: Riker's Stats (click to show/hide)

"Men! Get away from th' goddamn mech! You can't do nothin t' it!"

Spend 1 command to make my men take a tactical retreat away from the mech, and attempt to breach another airlock.

Pump another 2 dex to get back over to the pirate ship, taking potshots at the mech with my grenade launcher along the way.

Eddie's helmet screams at him as he depressurizes the airlock. He hears a hissing noise. But there's no time to hesitate. He jumps out and tries to maneuver back into safety behind the cruiser.

A swarm of rockets bursts into life at his presence, converging on Eddie's position. This time, they arc around the cruiser and land all around him, shrapnel bouncing off his flaksuit. [8 dmg incoming] [5 => 2] [6-1 taken due to armor] He feels a shard of shrapnel tear into his suit's hand, but it doesn't go deep, and the shrapnel plugs the hole.
[Failed constitution vs the mech] Eddie doesn't get a chance to fire back.

The marines unleash one more round of fire before retreating to the other side of the enemy vessel (the Atomic). Using the enemy vessel as a shield will discourage the use of heavy ordnance. [10 --> 2, blocked by mech armor]

[4 => 1] A team of marines breaches another airlock, this time using a lesser charge, and opens a path into the Atomic.
Before they enter, however, the chief marine taps your shoulder.
"Dude, your helmet's cracked!" he stares off into hostile, mecha-controlled space. "Don't know what we're gonna do about it, but I reckon we'll have a better shot at taking it down if we force it to get close."

((1 Command point))

Spoiler: Eddie's Stats (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2017, 07:30:22 am »

Hmmm. Yeah.
Jackson spends his remaining two dex and remaining two reflex and tries to fire a few missiles exactly where he saw the hostiles dive back into cover. He doesn't send a ridiculous barrage- he doesn't want to cause intense damage to his own ship. He just aims and fires a few, then he goes back through the airlock into the Mech Hangar, and looks for other ordinance to use.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2017, 02:43:01 am »

Sneak closer. How many? Rai readies his SMG, maybe he can take them all out at once with a nice long burst.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 05:10:58 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2017, 09:37:17 am »

Rhodes would think about it for a second, before shaking his head. He'd instead try to slip past the marines and link up with the rest of his crew in the Hangar.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2017, 10:48:53 am »

"Men! Follow me!"

Make a tactical retreat to the breached airlock. Once inside, make a sweep of the room and have the marines assume defensive positions near all the doors.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 04:09:10 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2017, 01:34:23 pm »

"Men! Follow me!"

Make a tactical retreat to a further back part of the ship. Have the marines place their shaped charges on a new airlock, and then board. If the marines don't have any shaped charges, use one of my demo charges.

((They already did. Last part of your action))

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2017, 04:07:46 pm »

"Men! Follow me!"

Make a tactical retreat to a further back part of the ship. Have the marines place their shaped charges on a new airlock, and then board. If the marines don't have any shaped charges, use one of my demo charges.

((They already did. Last part of your action))

Whoops. Edited my action.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2017, 01:46:36 am »

"Sparks! They fled from the gun's view. Guess I should pack it up and move to intercept them."

Pack up the emplacement and move to a better firing spot in the hallways by entering through a different airlock.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 03:44:30 am by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2017, 03:56:14 am »

Hmmm. Yeah.
Jackson spends his remaining two dex and remaining two reflex and tries to fire a few missiles exactly where he saw the hostiles dive back into cover. He doesn't send a ridiculous barrage- he doesn't want to cause intense damage to his own ship. He just aims and fires a few, then he goes back through the airlock into the Mech Hangar, and looks for other ordinance to use.

The marines retreat! {3 => 2} They do so successfully. Jackson isn't able to get a lock.

Jackson notices his mecha has a few bolts knocked loose here and there... He returns to the mech hangar, where his mech is refueled and rearmed.

He discovers a cache of new weapons he could swap out. LONGINUS has two hardpoints.
An LRM Rack (extremely long range, +1 to hit at range), and a Canister Rifle (AoE short ranged, best in close quarters).

Rhodes also shows up. Your mech has speakers.

(By the way, I nerfed the mech's constitution. Was too stronk before :( )

Spoiler: Embarked on Mech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jackson's Stats (click to show/hide)

Rhodes would think about it for a second, before shaking his head. He'd instead try to slip past the marines and link up with the rest of his crew in the Hangar.

Rhodes manages tro slip past undetected, mostly because the marines are in full retreat. He ends up at the hangar, alongside a giant mecha that's walking around. Is it... automated? Probably not.

Spoiler: Rhodes' Stats (click to show/hide)

"Sparks! They fled from the gun's view. Guess I should pack it up and move to intercept them."

Pack up the emplacement and move to a better firing spot in the hallways by entering through a different airlock.

Abelard follows the marines, entering via a third airlock. He finds himself adjacent the armory, which is blocked by retinal scanners.

[Tracking: 3 => 1] He seems to have predicted well. Footsteps echo the long, rectangular hall. However, it's unclear whether the footsteps are moving forward or backward. They might even be above--the floors aren't particularly thick or soundproof aboard this vessel.

Spoiler: Abelard's Stats (click to show/hide)

Sneak closer. How many? Rai readies his SMG, maybe he can take them all out at once with a nice long burst.

{3 => 2} The marines performed a safe retreat. Raioyris moves in to gun them down, followed by the stranger from the cargo bay, who seems to keep asking him questions.
However, the marines have already entered the Atomic via another airlock.

Spoiler: Rai's Stats (click to show/hide)

:(

Spoiler: Riker's Stats (click to show/hide)

"Men! Follow me!"

Make a tactical retreat to the breached airlock. Once inside, make a sweep of the room and have the marines assume defensive positions near all the doors.

The men follow. Eddie finds himself in a hall, wall signs pointing to ARMORY to the left and HAB to the right. The armory is bound to be filled with weapons, but it's also likely locked.
"I'm tempted to set an ambush for them. Which way do you think they're headed?"

Spoiler: Eddie's Stats (click to show/hide)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2017, 06:50:59 pm »

Ha. Perfect.

Enter the marine ship. If someone finds me I'm an escaping hostage.

Retreated where? Rai's ambition is enter the enemies ship. Is my suit to distinct to pose as an escaped hostage?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 10:51:17 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2017, 06:55:51 pm »

Jackson swaps out the SRM missile launcher for the Canister Rifle, then makes note of all possible entrances to the mech hangar. He attempts to lock the airlock, then begins pushing any miscellaneous items in front of doors, to create barricades.

"Can I get a hand making some rudimentary defenses? We have interstellar marines here. I don't want to hold out here, but preparing the room as a backup emergency shelter would be a nice fallback plan."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11