Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fractured Space = MOBA + Tactical spaceship battle  (Read 962 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fractured Space = MOBA + Tactical spaceship battle
« on: May 27, 2017, 06:44:04 pm »

I haven't seen a Fractured Space thread yet and I think it deserves more exposure.

Fractured Space is a free-to-play game available on Steam that combines MOBA (multiple lanes and capture points) and has spaceships as heroes. I'm not usually a MOBA fan, but this game really draws me in.

The ships have three broad categories: attack, defense, and support. Each ship has its own set of abilities and they're well balanced. Even the starting ships can do well if played properly. You also create crew sets (each consisting of a captain and 4 officers), tailored to compliment your ship's strength. For example I have damage-focused crew for my Reaper (fire support) and tank-focused crew for my Superlifter (healer).

I must note that the ship models are gorgeous. They look like they're coming out of hard science movies, with many boasting realistic, industrial look (e.g. mining ship repurposed into combat ship).

The essence of the game is teamwork. Teams are rewarded for achieving team objectives, rather than individual ones. When playing as a healer, I don't feel my earnings are less than when playing as a fire support. The battles are slower paced than twitch-based games, so tactical opportunities are aplenty and you can turn around a losing situation into a victory with the right moves.

For those of you concerned of pay-to-win, the premium aspects are mainly visuals, i.e. skins for ships. There are 'ultimate skins' that give extra 20% credits if they're played, but I rarely see them being used. You can enjoy this game without spending anything if preferred.

I've tried Dreadnaught that recently got into Open Beta, but I quickly switched to Fractured Space and liking it much better.

Hoping to see some of you in the game. I got free Ultimate Skin for my Reaper during alpha, so can provide team-wide credit bonus when playing it, so if you team up with me it should help the initial grind. My IGN is Elsior.

Official website: https://www.fracturedspace.com/
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 06:49:13 pm by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)