Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Suggestions  (Read 1501 times)

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Adventure Mode Suggestions
« on: May 28, 2017, 01:59:57 pm »

Bugs/Suggestions
1) When you attack with a weapon in a hand that is holding an object for climbing, you should release your hold. (I shouldn't be able to punch twice, block, shield strike, and swing an axe simultaneously WHILE holding onto a vertical wall.)
2) Pressing Q lets me wield stuff in both hands while climbing. (Also picking stuff up while your backpack is full is broken. I can carry two dozen weapons and still have 0.99 movespeed AND climb/swim normally.)
3) When an elf adventurer gives logs to an elf (especially if members of the same society) then the elf have a different message than "A bauble only fit for your kind!" (Tried to give a wooden cup of wine to the elf queen.)
4) C̶h̶e̶r̶r̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶i̶n̶e̶a̶p̶p̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶r̶e̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶u̶s̶h̶e̶s̶.̶  (Wait. WHAT!?! I thought. But - all this time, I thought pineapple trees were a thing!! And there are cherry bushes too. >.<)
5) If I have max 2 companions but have them work on building and then leave, I can recruit two more... What? (I made a camp, had them start working, left, recruited two more companions, and then returned. Now I have four companions following me and am getting like x100 monster spawn rates with bat men and ant women and blind cave ogres appearing above ground. With low social skills and no fame.)
6) Crippling lag at sites in adventure mode may be caused by something spawning on a tree underground..? I did have two companions plus two companions abandoned at my camp when my maximum was definitely two. And it seems this yeti kept cloning itself. I had been tracking its night travel instead of heading towards it and then demon rats appeared and two yetis appeared and the game lag got four times better but then it crashed. (See 'Double Yeti crash' save file.) You'll note there is also a goat in the tree to the south, a goat in a tree to the southwest, and all of the animals are tired, and there is a grimeling fighting Lesno Ebkaulco and winning (ssw). There are about 13 demon rats. The goats, coyotes, giant kea and peregrine falcon are ALL over-exterted. There's a militia captain in a tree. A completely healthy yeti gives in to pain after one hack to the leg. There are five yetis on the west side of the site, interspered with tired goats and coyotes. A yeti was fighting a giant kea. There's a muscular blind cave ogre with Ilral Wingchamber's blood. (Ok. The monsters are definitely respawning. I killed a reacher twice and then its name changed the second time.)

(The monster remembers its own name but my kill log gives it a different name each time I kill it. Getting bat man and ant women and even an axe-wielding cave-dwelling barn owl woman to refer to themselves as TRANS_NAME.)
7) I want a pet kitten.
8) And cat women.
9) Eating a kitchen-prepared meal (biscuits/stew/roast) in freezing temperatures gives you the message: "The <food item> was too cold to enjoy." unless you heat it on a campfire,  Or, "You gnaw away at the frozen <food type>." and it doesn't give unfettered from eating decent meal. And frozen food takes double ticks (time) to consume.
10) A flirtation & marriage system in adventure mode. If you have a married adventurer then even an option to start an adventure as their heir. If both you and your spouse are both members of your fort or created by you, then the female should have the feature to make a baby. Maybe you get a stockpile of food and water and if you are in a bed you can make a baby from the sleep menu and it takes several days and you auto-eat and auto-drink or it will tell you "Not enough food" or "Not enough water".
11) Looking at a statue/figurine/weaving makes you unfettered from admiring art.
12) Having someone who is a member of your society or group agree with you completely in an argument will make you more unfettered from not being with friends (like one complete agreement from an adventurer/society member per degree of fetteredness).
13) Talking to family members lowers your fetteredness from not talking to family.
14) Let us get fame from killing beasts and megabeasts. I've killed a giant, a cyclops, and an ogre. My companions saw me do it. And no fame anywhere. I even turned in the quest and defeated an invading army and told the defenders. Rumors/stories/witnesses/compliments, but no fame. (This was the one where my number of companions was glitched too high.) Also, killing goblins or packs of armed goblins should give some fame. So like, if I slay a beast which was a quest for that place, and I spread the rumor of me slaying it there, I should retroactively gain the quest and gain fame for killing it? Same with killing the overlord of an invading army/camp.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Adventure Mode Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 01:32:38 am »

Reproduced endlessly-respawning monsters (#6) in a fresh world with zero companions and only one player-built site. http://www.mediafire.com/file/x0taz8vtc36utp0/Dwarves_vs_All_-_broken_site.rar

It started when I moved in fast-travel after building a site.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 03:44:34 am »

Reproduced endlessly-respawning monsters (#6) in a fresh world with zero companions and only one player-built site. http://www.mediafire.com/file/x0taz8vtc36utp0/Dwarves_vs_All_-_broken_site.rar

It started when I moved in fast-travel after building a site.
This is not the bug tracker. Make a real report or link your save to an existing one or no-one will ever see this.
(And best to use DFFD to store saves to guarantee they're still around 10 years from now when the time comes to actually try fixing the bug).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 03:46:10 am by Shonai_Dweller »

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 11:19:44 pm »

To be specific, Mantis is where all bug reports go.

Furthermore, check the devpages before suggesting things to make sure they're not already planned.  Pets and taming wild animals as an adventurer is planned.  Catgirls even already exist in the form of tigerwomen and lionwomen and such. 

Generally speaking, you should also try to avoid random grab-bag lists of things you want, as well.  The suggestions forum is only really useful if you can get in depth, and have significant discussion on a topic, and making a thread about twenty different things at once means there's little ability to focus on a topic, especially a topic as narrow as "I want a pet cat", as opposed to "these are the following functions having a pet cat would entail and its impacts upon gameplay..."
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 09:32:30 am »

Taming in adv mode seems reasonable. For example, giving a carnivore meat might pacify it, another piece might tame it.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.