Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Add new png to existent pack  (Read 2835 times)

Luriant

• Bay Watcher
  • Mediocre english, sorry
    • View Profile
Add new png to existent pack
« on: May 29, 2017, 06:06:42 pm »

I want to add the Ferret to Dwarf Fortress.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/User:Kataklistika#Creature:_Ferret

The raws work, adding ferret on top of Domestic animals, i can embark with ferrets and kits, using the "f" in ASCII.
But i want add the graphics.

I create a new graphics_phoebus_ferret.txt with this text.
Code: [Select]
graphics_phoebus_ferret

[OBJECT:GRAPHICS]

[TILE_PAGE:PHOEBUS_ANIMALS]
[FILE:phoebus/DF_ferret.png]
[TILE_DIM:16:16]
[PAGE_DIM:2:1]

// *****************************************************************
// DOMESTIC
// *****************************************************************

!CREATURE_GRAPHICS:FERRET]
!DEFAULT:PHOEBUS_ANIMALS:0:0:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
!CHILD:PHOEBUS_ANIMALS:1:0:AS_IS:DEFAULT]

Its similar to graphics_phoebus_domestic.txt, changing the new 2:1 horizontal graphic, instead of 20:28 of Domestic.
The Graphic is SpaceFox on LNP, but uses Phoebus animals.

But the ferret png refuse to work, all other animals of phoebus works, but i can see the ferret png.

What can i do?

===============
I plan to edit the dwarves with gui\gm-edit.
Where can i see the new ferret code for giving a dwarf preference with the creature?
╔══╦══╗██▓▓
☺♠┼╥╤┼▲▼▓
Θ÷║πΩ║      ▓
+═╬══╣ò    ▓
≈≈▒‼^☻²
╚══╩══╝
  Σ Spkd Grn Glss Blls 252☼ 2.6Γ

Nopal

Re: Add new png to existent pack
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 06:33:56 pm »

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:39:48 pm by Nopal »

robst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 01:14:39 am »

Hello, can someone tell me how exactly i add graphics to an existing tileset from scratch? or link me some kind of instruction? i like the obsidian tileset, but some creatures/items etc use graphics that seem to be just placeholders (for instance a human lord, or the bookcase)

I would like to draw some new ones but i have no idea how to implement it, or even if there are restrictions on how many icons can be used in a tileset.

Also, i would like to know how one change the colour scheme.

thx in advance.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 01:17:57 am by robst »

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 05:25:38 am »

Hello robst.
The main articles linked from this wiki page should answer most of your questions.

Basically, just search the image files in the graphic set you want to change and modify them with a program like GIMP or Photoshop. Make sure you save it in the same file format (probably png with transparency enabled) and you should be good to go.

The tiles on the main tileset (the bookcase for example) are probably that way because the symbol is used for many different things, often including text and symbols on the map (see here for a list: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Tilesets). In the bookcase example, the symbol is also used for Bars, exceptional quality tags, activity zones, metal doors, floor bars, track stops, cirrus clouds on travel map, hamlets on world map, and quires. So you can see why the author left it ambiguous.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0