Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I need help to formulate a variety of secrets *updated*  (Read 1162 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I need help to formulate a variety of secrets *updated*
« on: September 08, 2017, 08:43:31 pm »

Hello,

Could you take a look at this stuff and tell me if it's supposed to work?

I highlighted the parts that worry me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Metal: I would like people who learn the secrets of metal, to instantly have all their tissues be made out of steel. So they will have exactly the same body, only that it is made out of steel, steel brain, steel skin, steel bones, steel fat, steel nerves... you get it... But they will still be able to bleed if wounded, and heal/scarify at the creature's default rate.

Disease: Will they be immune to poison with [CE_REMOVE_TAG:GENERAL_POISON:START:0]?

I defined hand as required body part for all of the interactions, does that mean that if a creature is wielding weapon and shield, they are unable to perform the action?

Will I be able to override the vanilla necromancer, which I stripped of some tags, or will they remain the same? Will a tower still be able to function without no_eat and no_drink tags? Will they even found towers if I set secrets to 0?

Is it correct that even if those artifacts get created, I probably won't be able to locate them physically? (until the next update where expeditions won't be bothered by abstract locations...?)

Does this matter? IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RECORDING_POSSIBLE:objects/text/book_instruction.txt:objects/text/secret.txt Do I need to create those txt files?

I know I'm asking for a lot, but I have no idea what tokens can be used where, I only copy paste stuff from this and the raws.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 08:27:41 pm by dragdeler »
let

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
Re: I need help to formulate a variety of secrets *updated*
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 11:15:38 pm »

1. Doesnt work, only way to change BP/tissues is to transform the target. However, you can simulate metal skin by using CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:NONE:NONE:1:10, which makes all incoming attacks weaker by a factor of 10, and changing the display name to steel dwarf/human/elf.

2. You mean CE_REMOVE_TAG: CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON? I lean towards no. However, you can give tags that make them immune to poison effects like NONAUSEA, or bump up their disease resistance attribute.

3. No. As long as the BP exists, the interaction works.

4. Vanilla necromancers are hardcoded, so no. Setting secrets to 0 removes them, but also removes your own secrets.

5. Sorry, I don't follow. Even in this version, you can track down slabs in adventure mode by browsing legends.

6. It allows your secret to be written down in books. There are other options too, refer to the wiki.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 04:59:28 am by Bearskie »

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 03:24:18 am »

4. Vanilla necromancers are hardcoded, so no. Setting secrets to 0 removes them, but also removes your own secrets.\
Setting secrets to zero still allows for raw defined ones. The only feature of advanced world-gen this is not true for is bogeymen.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 07:12:26 am »

Thanks a lot!

So I didn't make a horrible mess that will make my computer explode  ;D?!

1. Doesnt work, only way to change BP/tissues is to transform the target.

In that case I will need to use CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION, which requires me to define a creature/caste right? Will I be able to target LOCAL_CREATURE in said definition, in a manner that would copy everything but tissues? It sure looks like some work, and I'm only starting to figure out those body detail plans. But it would be good to know if I'm running at a dead end.

Could I CE_REMOVE_TAG:GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS:GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT ?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 07:14:53 am by dragdeler »
let

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 08:12:30 am »

Unfortunately, no. Only a selection of tags can be used with CE_ADD_TAG, CE_REMOVE_TAG, and IT_REQUIRES. Assuming nothing has changed recently, they are, from the wiki,

BLOODSUCKER, CAN_LEARN, CAN_SPEAK, CRAZED, EXTRAVISION, LIKES_FIGHTING (or LIKESFIGHTING), MISCHIEVOUS (or MISCHIEVIOUS), NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT, NO_DIZZINESS, NO_DRINK, NO_EAT, NO_FEVERS, NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN, NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST, NO_SLEEP, NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT, NOBREATHE, NOEMOTION, NOEXERT, NOFEAR, NONAUSEA, NOPAIN, NOSTUN, NOT_LIVING, NOTHOUGHT, OPPOSED_TO_LIFE, PARALYZEIMMUNE, SUPERNATURAL, TRANCES, UTTERANCES

Also, for your body transformation, you would have to define a caste for each race (I assume your secret targets elves, humans, dwarves and goblins) with steel skin instead of the standard skin/fat/muscle/bone, and transform each creature into their correct steel caste with help from the IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:xxx token. They would also be immune to any future transformations.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 08:16:36 am by Bearskie »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 08:50:20 am »

Oh bummer, I'm borderline tempted to tackle the task but with all the animalpeople... Not to mention gremlins and other cool creatures. Guess I'll go figure out some fun secrets that are more related to fortress life than to combat, there's is still plenty of spheres to inspire me.

Thank you very much.
let

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 09:08:02 am »

Like I mentioned, [CE_GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:1:10] works equally well in making your creatures resistant to damage.

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 09:48:06 am »

Worth noting that you'll need to do something similar with your fire secret since [fireimmune] isn't on that list. Personally I'd be tempted at this point to make a transformation into generic metal man, seal your soul into a suit of armour you can never leave kind while your body turns to dust of deal. Sometimes with modding you've just got to work with what you've got.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 03:55:00 pm »

Worth noting that you'll need to do something similar with your fire secret since [fireimmune] isn't on that list.

Oh no. I didn't want to have any conflicting secrets, so I left out any heatdam info. But going full steel colossus is still an option I guess. The only thing that bothers me, is that it will be hard to imagine why that creature would still need blood, if it was allready a vampire. Also how would two CE_GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER scale? I'm thinking of doing spellbuffs with it but again, vampires.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 04:00:13 pm by dragdeler »
let