Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [44.12] The World of Aga  (Read 8313 times)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
[44.12] The World of Aga
« on: March 30, 2019, 10:26:25 pm »

DOWNLOAD HERE!
DOWNLOAD THE RAWS HERE!

So, what is this? Just a personal mod I've had laying about. Thought you all may like it. Has mild variations of some of our favorite races in some places, and totally different ones in other spots.

Note: The top link includes a copy of 32-bit DF.
-----------------
Stuff in the mod:
-----------------
RACES
-----------------

Dwarfs: Short, sturdy, and religious creatures fond of drink and industry. Their eyes shimmer in the dark and their skin never wrinkles.

Gnomoi: Dwarf-sized humanoids with chicken feet. They were actually once dwarfs who were part of an esteemed order of mages who screwed up a ritual to make themselves tougher.

Humans: A young race in the eyes of the world, humanity is relatively new to the stage known as the world. They vary from kingdom to kingdom, each nation having their own views and such. Many say humanity was born from a far-off continent which has long since sunk beneath the seas.

Halflings: Short men who harbor peaceful ways.

Ogres: Large disfigured looking humanoids. They're powerful and often associate with humans. Forgot to mention these before.

HALF-DEADS:

Wights: Humans who have become "half-dead", a form of undeath that allows someone to retain their soul within their distorted bodies.

Zwerge: Short, sturdy, and usually emotionless creatures, with a few  exceptions in their ranks. They live to work and build and don't ever seem to sleep or feel pain. They're thought to be either dwarfs who have become "half-dead", a condition that effectively means being both intelligent and undead, or artificial humanoids created by a long-gone mage for menial tasks.

FEY FOLK:

Elves: Arrogant medium-sized fey beings which aren't as in touch with nature as their fellow fey. Rather, they see nature as merely a beautiful thing that makes for good art. They savagely eat the dead.

Fairies: Small winged yet flightless creatures, about the size of children, dedicated to the ruthless protection of nature.

TROUBLESOME PEOPLES:

Orcs: Medium-sized humanoids driven to cruelty by their evil nature. They vary in shape and size, having various castes which all have their differences. These castes are:

*Standard orcs: Larger than a man, but not the largest. Tough warriors.

*Goblins:Small orcs that are more common than their bigger kin. They are very quick, yet cowardly.

*Greater orcs: Orcs that are incredibly strong and tough. They stand twice as tall as their standard kin.

*Hobgoblins: Man-sized orcs which can trance out in battle.

Kobolds: Squat dog-faced humanoids with large pointy batlike ears and yellow glowing eyes.

Beastpeople: Large hair covered men with horns and red eyes. They are industrial folk with a barbaric past.
-----------------
Metals
-----------------
Mythril: An alloy of steel and silver, mythril is a powerful metal used by the dwarfs and the gnomoi (who invented the alloy in the first place).
-----------------
Plans:

*Add in a type of domesticated giant to halflings.
-----------------
Changelog:
0.2: Giant race added!
0.1: Initial Release.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 01:45:11 pm by Asin »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] [32-bit] The World of Aga
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 04:16:26 am »

You should post the modified raw files too. I want to modify an existing installation.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] The World of Aga
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 01:45:31 pm »

Updated to 0.2.

Also, the poll has been finished, and Lizard-Men will be added soon.

Now, for a new poll...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 03:09:37 pm by Asin »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 04:14:10 pm »

Thank you! I'm trying this out today.

edit: My dwarfs have no preferences. Was that intentional? Not complaining, just curious!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit: Maybe I messed the install up. All my peasants were listed under 'Pets/Livestock' and the settlement immediately 'crumbled to it's end'. What could be causing this?

« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 11:10:58 pm by Salmeuk »

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 04:15:35 pm »

Thank you! I'm trying this out today.

edit: My dwarfs have no preferences. Was that intentional? Not complaining, just curious!

edit: Maybe I messed the install up. All my peasants were listed under 'Pets/Livestock' and the settlement immediately 'crumbled to it's end'. What could be causing this?

You're supposed to replace the raw folder of vanilla DF with the raw file of World of Aga. Did you merge the two raw folders?

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 07:09:07 pm »

I have decided to end the poll earlier than intended, as I believe I have gotten sufficient results. It seems 75% of all 4 people who voted would like me to split humanity up into multiple civilizations/ethnicities, if you will. I believe you will be seeing these peoples rather soon.

...As soon as I come up with some good ideas for these human civs, of course.