Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you all like to see one or two more dwarf subraces to go along with the vanilla Dwarves and the Corrupt Dwarves?

One more would be good.
- 4 (100%)
Two more, please.
- 0 (0%)
I think we have enough dwarf races, thank you very much.
- 0 (0%)
I care not, do as you please!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Culture Shock: Suggestion/Idea Thread  (Read 10760 times)

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Culture Shock: Suggestion/Idea Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2018, 10:38:26 pm »

I think implementing a currency system would be a good idea. Reactions that use different types of currency as reagents, and likewise ways to get currency (albeit probably with chance or risk). A market or bazaar would work, or just individual merchant stalls. Maybe a slave market?

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2018, 10:44:13 pm »

A market/bazaar would be interesting. Perhaps it would allow for the hobgoblins to obtain things they cannot have otherwise.
And a slave market could work too... But how to make this work?

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2018, 10:48:14 pm »

And a slave market could work too... But how to make this work?

That's a good point, I've actually been trying to figure that out myself. With DFHack it's doable, though there's the difficulty of implementing it without either making it pointless or hilariously overpowered. But without DFHack? That's a good question.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2018, 11:09:24 pm »

Any other ideas?

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2019, 10:05:03 pm »

I've got working (basic) slavery. Basically just make a second pet version of every intelligent race, give them skills so they'll automatically have assigned labors, give them petvalues of course, and have them always be owned by the hobgoblins but no others (because obviously they don't have biomes or the [COMMON_DOMESTIC] tag). Easy peasy, and it kinda works maybe with the hobgoblins having all the manual labor done by slaves (and also being able to sell you slaves if you're playing as someone else).

EDIT: I mention this because I figure it might help with your mod.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 01:50:32 am by Dunmeris »

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2019, 10:26:05 pm »

I've got working (basic) slavery. Basically just make a second pet version of every intelligent race, give them skills so they'll automatically have assigned labors, give them petvalues of course, and have them always be owned by the hobgoblins but no others (because obviously they don't have biomes or the [COMMON_DOMESTIC] tag). Easy peasy, and it kinda works maybe with the hobgoblins having all the manual labor done by slaves (and also being able to sell you slaves if you're playing as someone else).

EDIT: I mention this because I figure it might help with your mod.

I believe this is something I will try out, Dunmeris. Thank you for the suggestion.

Anyway, for everyone else, I have made a new poll. Answer away.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2019, 08:07:01 pm »

For another dwarven subrace, I'd go with something like Deep Dwarves. Which are more or less just a "legendary" or really hard to find/reclusive race of dwarves. Where they are SKULKING (to avoid wars) and have no active seasons and live in Caves (like kobolds) but their main goal is they are master craftsmen (they have castes are are legendary weaponsmiths and armorsmiths, and can have moods to make artifacts). The Deep Dwarves are also privy to a special type of steel, shimmer steel. Which is an impossible to recreate method of combining diamonds with iron and another substance that no one seems to know what it could be, to make something heavy like steel, but hard and sharp as diamonds, but still springy. Making it a very sought after metal but only artifacts that have been managed to be found (by thieves or adventurers) seem to be the only existence telling that they are real.

They are also castes that are very adventurous and strong and great at fighting. Making them ideal for any fortress that happens to have one decide to leave the hidden depths of the underground to seek new experiences.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2019, 12:15:05 pm »

Elar'Tkha - civ of elartks. Elartk - creature with quadruped body but with two arms (not centauroid, without centauroid torso, only arms), are scaled and with shell (or even eight shells, prototype has eight segments of shell), hands have three fingers with claws, all foots have three toe (with hoof), head have two eyestalks and six tentacles. Has bones and very poisonous teal blood. Can gnawer, retract into shell, cave adapt, hunts and eat vermin, see in dark and 360 arc, slow regenerate all organs and body parts (even head, have second brain in body), have strange mood and pick locks. All elartk are opposed to live, amphibious, underswim, no breathe and hunger to warm blood. Elartks grow by 2 years, immortal. "Alpha" caste is homosexual males with [POWER] and [SUPERNATURAL], "beta" caste is bisexual males, "omega" caste is not intelligent egg-laying females, proportion 1:5:25, all child called larva. Elartks is very cruel and lustful, absolute hate (-50) nature, acceptable eat sapients, required eat sapient kills, kill enemies/neutrals/animals/plants, have no pets.

Encefant - bugheaded mammonth with chitin scale, bones and two grasp tentacles on head. Intelligent.

Accro - trident manera, made of coal and diamonds.

Metalmorph - pewter toads with beaks. Females are large, called "sembel", litter size is eight. Males are smaller, but intelligent. Gender poportion 1:7. Large predator.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 10:24:20 am by DerMeister »

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2019, 09:12:25 am »

Elar'Tkha - civ of elartks. Elartk - creature with quadruped body but with two arms (not centauroid, without centauroid torso, only arms), are scaled and with shell (or even eight shells, prototype has eight segments of shell), hands have three fingers with claws, all foots have three toe (with hoof), head have two eyestalks and six tentacles. Has bones and very poisonous teal blood. Can gnawer, retract into shell, cave adapt, hunts and eat vermin, see in dark and 360 arc, slow regenerate all organs and body parts (even head, have second brain in body), have strange mood and pick locks. All elartk are opposed to live, amphibious, underswim, no breathe and hunger to warm blood. Elartks grow by 2 years, immortal. "Alpha" caste is homosexual males with [POWER] and [SUPERNATURAL], "beta" caste is bisexual males, "omega" caste is not intelligent egg-laying females, proportion 1:5:25, all child called larva. Elartks is very cruel and lustful, absolute hate (-50) nature, acceptable eat sapients, required eat sapient kills, kill enemies/neutrals/animals/plants, have no pets.

Encefant - bugheaded mammonth with chitin scale, bones and two tentacles on head. Intelligent.

Metalmorph - pewter toads with beaks. Females are large, called "sembel", litter size is eight. Males are smaller, but intelligent. Gender poportion 1:7. Large predator.

What strange creatures...

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2019, 10:47:45 am »

Encefant - bugheaded mammonth with chitin scale, bones and two tentacles on head. Intelligent.

What strange creatures...
Elartks is absolute nature haters (from evil+savage, but this combo not work), encefant is like bugbat (tentacles for not add grasp helicers), accro is trident symmetrical allocarbonic creature, and metalmorph originally was creatures who is semi-robots semi-metallorganic creatures with biological (breed, regenerate) and technical(metal, mechanism) additions, naturally shaped like beaked toads, but can grow wheels, guns etc.

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2019, 05:37:59 pm »

EDIT: On second thought, I'll withdraw this suggestion. It wasn't that good after I had some time to think on it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 08:42:14 pm by EternalCaveDragon »
Pages: 1 2 [3]