Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Upgradable Bases: Anti-Aircraft Gun  (Read 2908 times)

sebaman222

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Upgradable Bases: Anti-Aircraft Gun
« on: June 01, 2017, 10:45:57 pm »

So, I had a shite ton of cash and my best liberals were locked up in the slammer, so I decided to buy the $200,000 anti-aircraft. Not even a few weeks later it dropped to $35,000 because of stupid
Arch-Conservative gun control laws. (This was an earlier run, back when I had no idea what to do in the game.) When my base got raided however, it did next to f***ing nothing, except get dismantled when the lower-level thugs got locked up. What is the point of the AA gun exactly?
1. What is tall when it is young, and short when it is old?
2. If a pocket is empty but has something in it, what is inside it?
3.What travels around the world but stays in one spot?
4. What happens once in a minute, twice in a moment but never in 1000 years?
1. A candle 2. A hole 3. A stamp 4. The letter "M"

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Upgradable Bases: Anti-Aircraft Gun
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 03:36:01 am »

So, I had a shite ton of cash and my best liberals were locked up in the slammer, so I decided to buy the $200,000 anti-aircraft. Not even a few weeks later it dropped to $35,000 because of stupid
Arch-Conservative gun control laws. (This was an earlier run, back when I had no idea what to do in the game.) When my base got raided however, it did next to f***ing nothing, except get dismantled when the lower-level thugs got locked up. What is the point of the AA gun exactly?

AA guns protect the base from aircraft - IRL, bombers were used against MOVE in Philadelphia, Penn., and this is inspired from this.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

sebaman222

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 09:40:22 am »

AA guns protect the base from aircraft - IRL, bombers were used against MOVE in Philadelphia, Penn., and this is inspired from this.

Huh, I guess I got physically attacked before bombers came, as I said I didn't know what to do so I didn't stock up on squad weapons, or people trained how to use them, beforehand .
1. What is tall when it is young, and short when it is old?
2. If a pocket is empty but has something in it, what is inside it?
3.What travels around the world but stays in one spot?
4. What happens once in a minute, twice in a moment but never in 1000 years?
1. A candle 2. A hole 3. A stamp 4. The letter "M"

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 09:29:19 pm »

If you successfully defend against the police, the national guard will show up. Beat them, face the army. Beat them, face the navy, with SEALS, and bombers. The AA gun deals with the bombers.