Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34

Author Topic: UK Snap Election Thread - Darth May  (Read 38675 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: UK Snap Election Thread - Darth May
« Reply #375 on: July 04, 2017, 01:41:49 am »

The topic of perpetuating negative stereotypes disgusts me far more than the casual genocide-advocating, which I didn't take seriously anyway. Not that I'm going to make a big ruckus about either for the record
Yeah, how dare he imply that just because a majority of people voted to keep it, that's outrageous. You might as well say that Brits voted to leave the EU!
A majority of people did not vote to keep it. There has been no such thing as a referendum for bullfights, but polls consistentl1y show disapproval by 3/4 of the population. I'm having a hard time keeping ci il, you know. Quit spreading misinformation. The bullshit you're spreading has real c9nsequences for real people.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 01:45:06 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 04, 2017, 02:08:44 am »

Oh yeah and some amendment to keep the UK in the single market failed, which resulted in another split within the labour party as Corbyn was forced to remove Chuka's faction from the shadow cabinet. 3 weeks of unity in the labour party, gone again. But who cares about that when 1,500 rare Welsh honeybees just got exterminated by a local council who thought they were common wasps

I bet it was a council full of English south Wales people, at that.

CymRAAAAAEEEEEEGGGG
Love, scriver~

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 04, 2017, 10:32:29 am »

The peopleshit you're spreading has real consequences for real bulls.
FTFY.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 04, 2017, 12:51:46 pm »

The topic of perpetuating negative stereotypes disgusts me far more than the casual genocide-advocating, which I didn't take seriously anyway. Not that I'm going to make a big ruckus about either for the record
Yeah, how dare he imply that just because a majority of people voted to keep it, that's outrageous. You might as well say that Brits voted to leave the EU!
A majority of people did not vote to keep it. There has been no such thing as a referendum for bullfights, but polls consistentl1y show disapproval by 3/4 of the population. I'm having a hard time keeping ci il, you know. Quit spreading misinformation. The bullshit you're spreading has real c9nsequences for real people.
yeah I was just arguing in good faith that he was correct

if he was just bullshitting? (no pun intended)

then he's a diiiiiick
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 04, 2017, 03:45:52 pm »

If that's not correct then I apologise for taking information claimed in this thread as written/misunderstanding what was said.

But thanks for the personal attack, Chief Of Rudeness Descan
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #380 on: July 04, 2017, 03:47:20 pm »

It really tells you how stupidly overcentralized the UK is that the districts needs the approval of the central government to inspect the buildings they own.
Well, I agree with your statement in spirit but just to clarify, local councils do not need the approval of Westminster to inspect their own buildings. Theresa May's telling them they shouldn't wait for the Westminster inquiry to reach their boroughs and counties before the local councils conduct their own investigations, rather they should conduct them immediately. They have the authority (more than that, they have the responsibility) to investigate their own area's problems. Also a minor semantic note, the UK does not organize local governance in districts, but rather in country, county and borough levels.
Also my borough learned lessons in a similar block fire in 2009 in their own inquiries, resulting in councilors arrested for negligence. A single stairway, flammable cladding, people told to remain indoors despite the building being compromised - these are the same things that condemned Lakanal and Grenfell, where it seems that the lack of a Westminster led inquiry into Lakanal meant no lessons were learnt from it. It's been rather grim in London, standing in silence teaching a school that was two pupils short from Grenfell, standing on London bridge where they'd installed anti-car barriers on the pavement remembering when I'd recommended my family go to borough market, one is made sombre by such times. Terrorism, fires and chaos, we are back in neo-1666

CymRAAAAAEEEEEEGGGG
Not likely considering you can't get more druidic (or north walesy) than Anglesey. Anglos weren't retarded this time
Also definitive proof the councilors are plaid cymru
y welsh nationalists exterminate welsh bee tho

Well, no fuckin wonder, they bread them out of Spanish fighting bulls! The Spanish have been trying to make the most violent killer bulls for how many centuries now? Those things probably leave the womb with a hateboner for humans, just like the crazy, suicidal Spaniards want them.
Yeah but they were crossbred with these fuzzy gentle giants
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 03:53:34 pm by Loud Whispers »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 04, 2017, 03:53:42 pm »

It really tells you how stupidly overcentralized the UK is that the districts needs the approval of the central government to inspect the buildings they own.
Well, I agree with your statement in spirit but just to clarify, local councils do not need the approval of Westminster to inspect their own buildings. Theresa May's telling them they shouldn't wait for the Westminster inquiry to reach their boroughs and counties before the local councils conduct their own investigations, rather they should conduct them immediately. They have the authority (more than that, they have the responsibility) to investigate their own area's problems. Also a minor semantic note, the UK does not organize local governance in districts, but rather in country, county and borough levels.
Also my borough learned lessons in a similar block fire in 2009 in their own inquiries, resulting in councilors arrested for negligence. A single stairway, flammable cladding, people told to remain indoors despite the building being compromised - these are the same things that condemned Lakanal and Grenfell, where it seems that the lack of a Westminster led inquiry into Lakanal meant no lessons were learnt from it. It's been rather grim in London, standing in silence teaching a school that was two pupils short from Grenfell, standing on London bridge where they'd installed anti-car barriers on the pavement remembering when I'd recommended my family go to borough market, one is made sombre by such times. Terrorism, fires and chaos, we are back in neo-1666

Yeah, I thought maybe it'd result in the biggest round of reforms and change since the Great Fire of London of 1666. At least that's probably what the extent of the screwups feel like.

CymRAAAAAEEEEEEGGGG
Not likely considering you can't get more druidic (or north walesy) than Anglesey. Anglos weren't retarded this time
Also definitive proof the councilors are plaid cymru
y welsh nationalists exterminate welsh bee tho

Someone screwed up big time, that's why welsh nationalists exterminated a welsh bee.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 04, 2017, 04:10:47 pm »

If that's not correct then I apologise for taking information claimed in this thread as written/misunderstanding what was said.

But thanks for the personal attack, Chief Of Rudeness Descan
it's only a personal attack if you were intentionally bullshitting (my apologies for not including the word intentionally, I thought that was obvious but I can admit it probably wasn't)

and if you WERE intentionally bullshitting, then I wouldn't care about personally attacking you

but since you weren't, then you aren't a dick, and I'm not attacking you. :v

shrodingers asshole, AWAY
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 04, 2017, 07:27:23 pm »

You can't stop the pub with logic and truths
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 08, 2017, 08:28:41 am »

Selling...  free...? Interesting choice of words.  Also old news.

(Liitu meiega vend. Eesti on tõotatud maa!)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #386 on: July 08, 2017, 11:53:42 am »

Selling free money (costs money)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 09, 2017, 09:45:26 am »

There's no Europe/Brexit thread that I'm currently subbed to that is currently active, so quick question here...

Anybody have a matrix of intra-EU 'exports', by value, for any reasonably recent year? I found this, but it's only a limited clue as to proportion-of-total, and unidirectional (i.e. no easy way to derive intra-EU imports, thus the net balance).

(Such source info might even be linked to from that page, but I've failed to do anything but go round in circles.)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 09, 2017, 10:11:12 am »

So you want the value of intra-EU trade for each country?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #389 on: July 09, 2017, 10:50:23 am »

intra-EU trade in goods
Looks fairly comprehensive, dealing with the years 2009-2015. Don't know where to find the stats on services though
Germany exports looooooooooooads within the EU, that's about the only thing I noticed at a 10sec glance
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34