Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Orc Embark Profile  (Read 1060 times)

Macen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Orc Embark Profile
« on: June 02, 2017, 09:57:47 am »

Hey everyone. I couldn't find anything on this, so I thought I would post. I have downloaded the latest version of MWDF and am attempting to do an Orc start. I'm still a bit of a noob, so I was hoping to use an existing embark profile, but I can't find one for Orcs? I see Dwarf, Human, Kobald, and Succubi, but no Orc?

Anyone know what may be wrong, or if the default profiles were removed from the mod? I see them on old posts from legacy.

Thanks for any help! I'm still a DF noob (just started like a month ago).

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orc Embark Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 07:57:48 pm »

Hey everyone. I couldn't find anything on this, so I thought I would post. I have downloaded the latest version of MWDF and am attempting to do an Orc start. I'm still a bit of a noob, so I was hoping to use an existing embark profile, but I can't find one for Orcs? I see Dwarf, Human, Kobald, and Succubi, but no Orc?

Anyone know what may be wrong, or if the default profiles were removed from the mod? I see them on old posts from legacy.

Thanks for any help! I'm still a DF noob (just started like a month ago).

No one has written any orc embarks to be added to the pack... orcs were last under a rewrite and since that individual walked away from the project, the orcs are in need of a new mod writer to finish it out. 

to anyone else who is interested, in the orc project, or creating embarks or other things that could help such a project, send me a msg or get on discord with us!
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

coolphoton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 11:13:30 am »

Smakemupagus quit modding? That's ...sad. The ork update is what I'm waiting on to update from 34.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 11:24:15 am »

Smakemupagus quit modding? That's ...sad. The ork update is what I'm waiting on to update from 34.

I wouldn't call it quit, as much as disappeared ... there never was a quit message.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 02:30:19 pm »

I wouldn't call it quit, as much as disappeared ... there never was a quit message.

There were several, he's got kids now and no time to make extensive mods.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 02:32:39 pm by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 03:10:20 pm »

interesting enough I never saw them.  :(  I have kids too... I make them work lol.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

HydraKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 02:26:01 pm »

I've updated the Embark Profiles so that Orcs now have their own Orc-y things.

*Credit to Smakemupagus for the Original Ideas and concept*

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 07:31:31 pm »

may I ask where did you update the embark profiles?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group