Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blue-Jay woman Xim [Story with drawings]  (Read 1872 times)

Waterline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Blue-Jay woman Xim [Story with drawings]
« on: June 02, 2017, 11:04:32 am »

I want to share with you a story that plotted itself once upon a casual game. I was taking down notes in the process and sharing them in chat with friend of mind, I even took some screenshots, though, if I would have known that this gameplay would escalate - I would have prepared myself better. But since I have only major event written down and my screenshots are rather random, I would have to fill gaps with my imagination, which would swap some details, but bear with me. This particular set-up was never intended to become something meaningful, rather a random character, maxed-out skills (I think I used adv-max-skills) and random slaughter of innocent people. With that in mind I quickly loaded up the world, hit "Adventure", and selected a random character, which turned to be a Blue-jay woman.

Now looking back at it I think she was looking like this: blue feather, black eyes and 30 kg of weight (according to raws), like a human child or so. Nothing fancy since there is not much appearance modifiers neither for blue jay bird, nor there is for its humanoid analogue. When I decided to write this story down, I wasn't even sure if she had arms or wings only. Oh and her name, I think I looked at it somewhere in the middle of the game, it was Xim Rudamec Ubtengthora Ucaf (I can even pronounce it). Oh and yes, I have deleted the save, since I do believe that all good stories must permanently end.

CHAPTER 1. Bad luck and good luck.

So I began my journey at some dwarven hillocks. On one screenshot it says The Forests of Memory, but I think that is the region name. Anyhow, I will refer to this place like that.
As it usually happens - there were goblins harassing local villagers and I went straight after them without any hesitation. I am maxed-out on my skills after all. So I found a goblin spearman and immediately engaged him in a battle, trying to cut his head off with my talons, but something gone wrong and poor guy managed to stab me with his spear into upper body tearing to shreds 2 arteries, which was considered to be a "Mortal wound". This was my bad luck.
But thanking to my superbluejaywomanly recuperation I didn't bled to death and managed to finish this guy, though got my lung damaged and losing its function, which led my to having trouble breathing, being shaky and winded. At that point I couldn't figure out anything better than crawling back to the hillock and sleeping there amongst dwarves for three days and three nights. After all I felt no improvement and was pretty afraid of actually dying. When I decided that this character is wasted, I went out in the night and engaged random lurking guy who appeared to be, guess what? A vampire! A goblin Vampire that, as I later found out was cursed by my deity Dothan. What a coincidence.

"Must get his blood" - the thought that crossed my mind. I didn't encounter these creatures in game before, nor I played as a vampire before, but I was sure this thing might save me. And I was right!
The fight was intense and eventually I have managed to crush the head with a warhammer. Yes, a small fragile bird with a warhammer. After drinking the blood I have started sensing creatures, my hunger and thirst disappeared and have started to breath well again (though after some time I found out I was not breathing at all). What a good luck. I considered to get some blood with me, thus I filled the waterskin with vampire's blood to drink it later. At this point I didn't know I had to feed on living creatures as well.

Uplifted by the fact that my new life has started when I barely gave up I returned to the dwarves and re-told them that I have managed to kill a vampire that was cursed by my deity, which was a legend that I knew before I met him! Or was it?
Obviously I did not provide them any insight on that I am now a bloodsucker.
At the morning I went to the neighborhood where, as told by dwarves I should have found the bandits. And indeed I had found them. Though there was just a small gang in an abandoned hillocks. After trying to negotiate them into giving the site to me, my mind got flooded with thoughts of my new mystical powers and I quickly gave into beating them all to death with warhammer. I didn't miss the opportunity to drink all the pools of blood around dead bodies as well as lick the blood with my narrow tiny tongue from my weapon.

Upon returning and telling dwarves how good was I, I decided to perform for them by singing a martial song. I was so deeply surprised when all the dwarves stood up and formed a line to sing with me.

At this point I was pleased by how my adventure went on and decided to not to give up on my character... Though I couldn't have imagined what is yet to come.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Blue-Jay woman Xim [Story with drawings]
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 11:54:19 am »

Ptw!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 12:09:11 pm »

PTW. Awesome.
One wheel short of a wagon

TheVulture

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently on a strict diet of dwarves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 02:24:21 pm »

PTW, wonderful artstyle by the way
"I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a King of an infinite space"

Waterline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 02:25:28 pm »

CHAPTER 2. Creature of the night.

These dwarfs are fine chaps. Even though I am stuffed into a small room with eleven bulky hairy and smelly bodies for quite some time, I feel like at home. We tell each others stories, sing, spread rumors and enjoy our company. Despite of that I didn't want to stay there forever, this is not how one does play the adventure mode. So first of all I decided to get myself some armor. Asked dwarfs - they said that all they have will be too big for me, and I should look for shops in the human town two days away to the east. I decided to set off in the morning.
Upon waking up I felt strangely. I felt thirst. I tried to sip from my waterskin, but blood had turned into unpleasant jelly and I almost vomited. Had to throw away that waterskin later. Drinking water didn't really ease the thirst and I decided to depart, while postponing this desire for later. After all my first long journey was about to happen and I was all too excited.

I have been going to east without any accident, fascinated by the vastness of the forest, its beauty and warm weather. And so I was going on, even forgetting about my enhancing thirst, up until I found myself in dusk. And then I realized I forgot to switch off boogeymen spawning upon worldgen. Though when I realized it, I was already surrounded.

That was one hell of a fight, no one was able to hit anyone. I jumped all around like mad, being able only to throw these monsters around. Yes, I was throwing them. I flew up high, swinging my hammer, then grabbing a boogeyman that was nearest to me and throwing them down, slamming against the ground and actually dealing damage. But that was not really helping me, they stood up and chase me again in midair. I was swearing at Armok and gaining speed and so eventually made my way out of encounter. I was so glad I didn't need to breath and thus I could not get tired flying on maximum speed.
When the dawn came I was already at the town walls and could finally slow down. Man, I was the most thankful to sunlight vampire ever. Creature of the night wtf...

The town is big, already awaken early in the morning. There are so many creatures around. I barely withstand the urge to kidnap some goblin and empty one of blood - that is how much they annoy me. Besides the thirst had just returned and was even stronger. I was going down by the street and caught a talk at the butcher's shop about mountain titan, that gave me shivers, feathers stood on end.

I was walking around the city, looking into shops, but not able to find the one selling metal armor or weapons. In every single clothing shop every single piece of cloth was too damn large for me, poor shop owners could only mumble something and shrug around. Or am I supposed to wear these huge bags and look like Dobby?! I gave up.

I was passing a patch of dirt between the houses and saw some pigs digging around. I don't know what happened to me but I raced to one of them, jumped on its back and started choking it. Poor animal started running around in panic and trying to shake me off while I was trying to poke through its skin with my beak. Somehow I have managed to take it down and choke it till it passed out. When piggy finally gave up resisting I punctured its skin and started licking the streaming blood with my sharp tongue. A bird-woman barely as large as pig, covered in dirt, lying on mentioned pig and licking its blood in ecstasy. That was my first time.

I found myself sitting under the wall of the house, all in dirt and blood, my warhammer stuck in mud steps away. Pigs were calmly digging around again, even that one with blood splatter on its body was getting back to its business, though, still looking a bit shocked to a sudden lost of its "virginity" to a bloodsucker. I spent some time grooming my feathers before I went back to streets looking for weaponsmith.

Quite disappointed with my profitless search, I went to the tavern as the sun started setting behind the town walls. I swear, I will burn this city down for not having a weaponsmith! After a drink, though.
This tavern, whatever its name was, was modestly crowded, apparently not the most popular one in the town. Most of the visitors were human, with some occasional goblins amongst them. I have ordered some sweet wine and settled on the chair at the table that was least tall for me. Apparently I was a stranger here or, at least, my kind was not seen around too often... Or maybe my legendary skills played their part, whatever it was - I started to attract attention. And after a mug of wine, which felt more like a jug wine, I decided nothing better than to perform a dance! I tell you for sure that after warm blood and sweet wine the level of good thoughts rose up and I really enjoyed my performance.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:29:21 pm by Waterline »

Waterline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 04:47:55 pm »

CHAPTER 3. Thrun.

Needless to say that when you are the creature of the night you will suffer from insomnia. Suddenly your life gets extra eight hours of free time to do whatever you want. Priceless!
I had not to pretend sleeping while I was in tavern. After performing everyone returned to their drinks and didn't pay any more attention to my person. I took a seat in the dark corner of the tavern hall so that I could take a break from constant chatter and movement around me and let my mind wander on random thoughts until morning.

Praise the Armok! I finally found the weaponsmith! Won't be burning down this city today it seems... The shop owner was pleased to swap my silver warhammer for a small finely crafter copper sword, which was considerably more comfortable to wield and haul.
I decided to make one more trip around the marketplace, looking for armor that would fit my size, but, apparently, no one does breastplates for human kids.
While I was crossing the market I noticed that two merchants, a human and a goblin were loudly shouting at each other something incomprehensible. Then suddenly a brawl occurred in which both got some good punches and now were lying apart and vomiting all over the place. What a scene... Passing by.

I was standing outside the city gate and looking at the forest I came from yesterday. That gave me shivers, but at least I knew that I can fly fast enough to not to get caught by boogeymen.

The trip this time was more pleasant. I have managed to hunt down... a bear.
I mean, literally a bear that was ten times heavier than me! Though, when I just engaged him with my sword he managed to jump away from my attack! Bloody hell, a ninja bear.
After brawling some time I have managed to choke down the bear into loss of conscious. Don't ask me how, but I did it and got some fresh blood in reward. Unfortunately the bear woke up and I had to stab him to death. Gladly I was thirsty no more.

Here's the strange thing. I feel that there are two creatures under this hill. But where is the entrance? Huh, was that a human speech?
I have managed to get myself into a lair dug into the hill with entrance under the tree root. It had two turns inside, and I took the one to the right and saw a naked woman sitting in the middle of a tiny room in almost complete darkness. I spoke to her and she kindly replied to me, told me her name is Thrun and that she was a farmer and then a beast hunter... Though she didn't feel like an old lady I would definitely say that she was not a young girl either. There was something weird in how I sensed her. And she was completely naked.
I asked her if she by any chance wants to go with me, but she replied negatively avoiding answering my "why?" question. I shrugged and returned to the exit when I realized that the sound coming from the other chamber in this lair was unusual. And I sensed the smell of rotten flesh.

Oh my Armok... A beast, here... I have grabbed my tiny sword out of sheath and the beast turned its head on the rasping sound. Its ugly face was eyeless and had three horns, and what I firstly considered to be a huge boulder was actually its impressively big and muscular body. The monster was tearing apart a body, either a human or a dwarf unlucky enough to become its prey. It slowly turned to me and started moving in my direction. Without hesitation I pointed my sword at its face and demanded to stop its approach. I didn't expected it to actually answer, and when it actually did, I was baffled.

"You are a dangerous animal. You are a lady" it said with its deep roaring voice and attacked me. I was caught by surprise and it managed to fell me to the ground, hitting the wall behind and losing my sword. "But I am not going to be your another prey", thought I remembering that I am a maxed-out character after all, plus a vampire.
So I have stood up and struck a monster without any hesitation. First dozen of kicks, punches and snatches were successfully dodged by both of us, but eventually the monster started getting damage, but so did I as well.

"I cannot just stand by! After all it was me that felled Thub Mindfulatic the dwarf!"

I was shocked seeing the girl naked and bare-handed fearlessly approaching the monster...
(Maybe she had balls, but I couldn't see that in the darkness)

I don't know for sure up until this day WHY did she live in the lair with that monster. Was she a prisoner and waited for an opportunity to escape or fight back? Was she a slave?
I actually had a possible clue on that when I found out the information regarding her real age and her past, but that barely explains why things happened as they did just now.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 08:21:12 am »

This is amazing!
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 09:45:36 pm »

This is awesome.

There is a reason for the human being there. She was kidnapped and impregnated by the night creature. However, worldgen ended before she gave birth and transformed into a night creature bride. So she remains a (brainwashed) human.

Waterline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 01:09:28 am »

On top of that I have looked into her history and found this (also had it written down):

She is 243 years old, she was born in 7th year.
She was a farmer.
She participated in Violet war (on the defeated side).
She survived 29 monster rampages.
In 21 she became a monster hunter.
She was a temple administrator.
She married human guy in 40 (who died of old age in 89).
In 83 she was cursed by human Deity to become a were-lizard (which explains her age).
And then stuff went downslope. She had made a lot of enemies, was killing people, stealing cattle and so on.
She had 13 childern of which 3 were were-beasts.

To be honest, knowing that she should have given a birth to a night creature made me even more compassionate towards her. I am not sure if she should have given a birth to it AFTER the world gen (since some events do not occur after it stops), so I can't say that if I waited she'd transofrm, but for all time we were together she remained human.
But if she transformed then, apparently, the end of this story would have been so much different... And I am happy it was  not. And I am happy I can not find it out since the save does not exist anymore. Anyhow, there should be about 20-23 more chapters, so stay tuned.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 05:20:17 pm »

A blue jay that dances perfectly in taverns. A blues jay?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Ggobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 05:31:58 pm »

ptw
Just popping in to say that if DF has taught me anything, it's that everything is doomed.