Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Intro text telling me to run and find a vault?  (Read 2947 times)

Urist_McUnoriginal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Intro text telling me to run and find a vault?
« on: April 24, 2017, 12:12:59 am »

In  my newest adventure, the intro text, which normally talks about "Gathered up your equipment," or stuff about kidnapping or bandits,
was something completely different, telling me to flee and see if I
could convince my friends and family to flee with me.

As if that's not weird enough, the next text box tells  me about how legends tell of a vault with a slab.

I know what its talking about, hell I've even tried (unsuccessfully) to raid the vault and grab the slab.

The weird thing is that its telling me all of this right from the start.

Anyone else get this message? or any other message out of
ordinary?

(edit)
Apparently the vault is already revealed on this world, but this is my firs adventurer, so is it possible someone else found the slab?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 01:01:51 am by Urist_McUnoriginal »
Because one of the gods got pissed, literally, and it covered the world in magma. Then another one said "Fuck you, you didn't call me back after our date," and threw water at it.

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intro text telling me to run and find a vault?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 01:30:09 am »

I've had this happen before as a starting message. The locations of vaults are known to npcs like anything else.

Afaik world gen adventurers don't go into vaults but kobold theives WILL steal trinkets from them. It would be listed in legends mode if the slab was taken since its an artifact. It would be pretty hilarious if the slab was stolen and laying around in a cave somewhere.

Urist_McUnoriginal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 02:38:07 am »

Afaik world gen adventurers don't go into vaults but kobold theives WILL steal trinkets from them. It would be listed in legends mode if the slab was taken since its an artifact. It would be pretty hilarious if the slab was stolen and laying around in a cave somewhere.

I'm just imagining a kobold going about his business while he the power to literally make a demon his slave. :)
Because one of the gods got pissed, literally, and it covered the world in magma. Then another one said "Fuck you, you didn't call me back after our date," and threw water at it.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 04:15:13 am »

I'm just imagining a kobold going about his business while he the power to literally make a demon his slave. :)
If only kobolds could read (or speak properly). Probably using it as a table.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 12:09:29 pm »

I wonder whether this is going to tie into all the dwarf-mode changes with the next update. Send out a squad to get a slab.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 04:23:43 pm »

I wonder whether this is going to tie into all the dwarf-mode changes with the next update. Send out a squad to get a slab.
Adventurers don't have squads to send, they are squads.
Might get a message about a recently stolen artifact perhaps.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 07:26:29 pm »

That's pretty cool. I have no way of finding vaults on vanilla.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 07:57:23 pm »

That's pretty cool. I have no way of finding vaults on vanilla.
Try Legends Viewer. Vanilla DF xml export from Legends Mode works just fine.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 02:35:29 pm »

I fI found a slab lying in a cave, would I be able to use it, assuming I had Reading?