Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Do you own firearms?  (Read 5167 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Do you own firearms?
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2017, 05:00:20 pm »

I do own a longbow, and while I royally suck at its usage, I can at least reuse the ammo.
Hey, technically you can reuse shell casings. Know that's from a couple days back, but whatever. It's not necessarily the most intelligent thing in the world to do (if you do it right it's not a serious issue, but quality degrades regardless and the effects of a malfunctioning bullet can rather easily turn a gun into a hand-detonated bomb), but you can do it.

Actually did a little bit of that, at one point, iirc. Don't even remotely remember what was involved, don't think the things ended up being used, and from what I remember it was only, like, single digit of end product involved, but still. Not really terribly complicated or whatev'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2017, 05:03:10 pm »

I don't own any. I would love to, though.

Might be hypocritical, but I wouldn't like my fellow countrymen owning guns too. t least I know of myself I won't use it to harm anyone (for no reason), but I wouldn't trust others.
looks like we've found a true American lads.

even if he's not American he is now.
OH SAY CAN YOU SEE

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2017, 05:22:48 pm »

BY THE DAWN'S EARRR-LEEE- Oh, sorry, it's instinct.

I don't own guns but if I had the cash I'D BE ROLLIN' IN 'EM. My brother owns an AR-15 and my sister is a Marine, so naturally she loves shooting. She's a fan of the M240. My uncle and his kids open carry. No this is not normal, he's the only civilian I've ever met who carries.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 05:24:30 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2017, 06:44:02 pm »

I don't own any. I would love to, though.

Might be hypocritical, but I wouldn't like my fellow countrymen owning guns too. t least I know of myself I won't use it to harm anyone (for no reason), but I wouldn't trust others.

I think the socioeconomic situation in America is the culprit, take what the american "left"(actually right leaning centrists, there is no left wing in america) says about why keeping drugs banned is dumb and wrong and replace "weed" with whatever word CNN loves to use for "evil gun" today and you will understand why. Fix your health system, especially your mental health system and I can assure you that mortality will drop. Generally you guys need to learn from Denmark, your violent past makes the prospect of a gun free America impossible. "Gun violence" is a red herring fed to the poor people in my opinion, just like blaming immigrants or drugs or religion.

The violence that haunts this planet is a compound of many different issues, each nation with a unique composition of this compound problem. For America, trying to ban guns or drugs or building a wall that would make the-dictator-who-shall-not-be-named turn in his grave of pure envy is sisyphean at best, you must handle the underlying problems to treat the symptoms.

Don't attack a weed(heh) on its superficial features, you need to rip it out from its roots root, and you might be able to put its pretty flowers into a vase where it still enjoys its freedom to bask in the sun.
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2017, 06:45:15 pm »

BY THE DAWN'S EARRR-LEEE- Oh, sorry, it's instinct.

I don't own guns but if I had the cash I'D BE ROLLIN' IN 'EM. My brother owns an AR-15 and my sister is a Marine, so naturally she loves shooting. She's a fan of the M240. My uncle and his kids open carry. No this is not normal, he's the only civilian I've ever met who carries.

The 240 is a ridiculously fun gun to shoot.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2017, 07:09:53 pm »

Generally you guys need to learn from Denmark, your violent past makes the prospect of a gun free America impossible. "Gun violence" is a red herring fed to the poor people in my opinion, just like blaming immigrants or drugs or religion.

Um, Dennmark has had a violent past as well, over a thousand years of it, and many other countries which have successfully dealt with gun violence. So, us having a violent past doesn't work as an argument.

Probably the ONE thing that makes a gun free America impossible is the second amendment because it's been twisted beyond whatever it's original intent was. Plus the gun lobby.

Obviously banning guns all at once like what Australia did with assault rifles isn't going to work, but the main problem isn't that we can't, it's because politicians aren't willing to.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2017, 10:50:42 pm »

heavy metals
Sweet username/sig, by the way.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2017, 04:50:44 am »

Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2017, 05:55:27 am »

Why or why not?
If so, what kind?

Yes because 2nd amendment. The right to bare arms is important.
Glock 19, and a Mossberg 500

Yes I do, they're first and foremost recreational tools/toys/equipment and secondarily means of self defence(in extreme case) and national defence to which I have duty to.

edit: I think I have 5.56 ammo to equip a full company or so with. I thought the prices are only going to go up so hell why not buy enough to last half a decade or so at least.  :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 06:04:08 am by Erkki »

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2017, 06:15:39 am »

I do own a longbow, and while I royally suck at its usage, I can at least reuse the ammo.
Hey, technically you can reuse shell casings. Know that's from a couple days back, but whatever. It's not necessarily the most intelligent thing in the world to do (if you do it right it's not a serious issue, but quality degrades regardless and the effects of a malfunctioning bullet can rather easily turn a gun into a hand-detonated bomb), but you can do it.

Actually did a little bit of that, at one point, iirc. Don't even remotely remember what was involved, don't think the things ended up being used, and from what I remember it was only, like, single digit of end product involved, but still. Not really terribly complicated or whatev'.

You mean cartridge casings? Cases that have been shot once or more actually tend to be more accurate than factory new ammo... I'm not sure why exactly, but it most likely has something to do with the case having already expanded to the dimensions of the gun's chamber. After all its just a pressure vessel intended to hold the pressure of the burning gunpowder within it and expand slightly to seal the chamber for a short duration of time, then shrink just a bit as cools down as the gases exit it. Maybe the expanded case vibrates less or shockwaves within it are different, or something.

The world of reloading is a whole field of science of its own. In many types of competitions people use nothing but their reloads of their own with used cases, which probably tells something.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]